• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Roc vs. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Roc

Votes: 99 50.3%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 98 49.7%

• Total voters
*Looks down & notices he's wearing his Innova "Roc Head" shirt*
*Looks in his disc collection, realizes he has more Rocs than friends*
*Starts to rethink his life choices*
*Proceeds to vote for Roc in the poll*

*reads discinfiend's post with wide eyes and runs to count rocs*
*realizes he too has more rocs than friends*
*regrets nothing for rocs are life*

*Looks down & notices he's wearing his Innova "Roc Head" shirt*
*Looks in his disc collection, realizes he has more Rocs than friends*
*Starts to rethink his life choices*
*Proceeds to vote for Roc in the poll*

*reads discinfiend's post with wide eyes and runs to count rocs*
*realizes he too has more rocs than friends*
*regrets nothing for rocs are life*

Got Roc Head shirt - check
More Rocs than friends - check
Voted for Roc - check
Agrees Rocs are life - check

Glad to see I'm among friends :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Should have been a "not a fan of either mold currently" option. I'd vote roc but only because I'm weird and can't stand the buzz--that shouldn't count.

Sent from the disc course as I gleefully toss my vector every other hole.

After reading this I ordered a few more Ranchos for the rotation.

Another Roc vs Buzzz thread is just what DGCR needs!

I'll take this over another "Drama! Player got suspended unfairly versus fairly versus for some reason that's not clear to anyone yet!" thread.

Fwiw, I like throwing the Buzzz, but I've also come to realize they don't fly nearly as far as I used to think. I like how they feel, and I like the consistency (both FH and BH) for low, straight lines. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that other mids have more distance potential.

People would go insane if Discraft would make jawbreaker Buzzes that were as stiff as CT Challengers. Heck I would even buy one.

I have created a tournament to answer this question. We shall know the evening of June 25th which Mid reigns supreme. I've never heard of an event set up quite like this, has anyone else?

ifallsdisc.weebly.com

I recall reading about a similar tournament (maybe just a local deal/mini) where the Roc won. I think it was here on DGCR somewhere, and maybe in the KC area iirc... but could be wrong.

It's so tough to compare them directly, given the different users (and maybe even the nature of the use... I don't know of any Buzzz cycle guys that are as dedicated to their craft as Roc guys. I also don't think the Buzzz lends itself to that kind of thing. I'm loving the Buzzz right now for what one Z can do.) Maybe a comparison would be fair if only one Buzzz or Roc were to be allowed in each bag?

This is a yearly local event. Roc holds the advantage here: best overall score, best average score, higher percentage of throwers under par, etc.

This is a yearly local event. Roc holds the advantage here: best overall score, best average score, higher percentage of throwers under par, etc.

What is the event called / event style?

What is the event called / event style?

It is simply called ROC VS. BUZZZ

Here's the usual description:

At event, Declare a side you will play for. (Roc, Buzzz)
During the round throw only that mold and its namesake variants.
You can carry as many of your teams mold as you like and use as many during the round as you like, but stick to your team of course.
Roc: All molds of Rocs, all plastics, Roc+, Vroc, SuperRoc, KCpro, Roc3, Classic Roc, That dinged up dx one you have, and so on, and on…
Buzzz: All Buzzzes, all plastics, BuzzzSS,BuzzzGT,TiBuzzz, BuzzzOS!, ten year, glo, crystal, and so on and on…
So start getting practiced up with your disc choices with this last week to go and come join us. Scores turn into data, which gets applied to our usual five category criteria to determine the declaration of the winning "team". It's all about fun and a clash of cultures more than really being about the discs.
Usual Criteria: Team of Best score, Team with Best Mean average score, Team with Best Median score, Best mean average of top six scores of each team, Percentage of team players under course par.

Hmmm, doesn't seem quite fair if the Roc side can use Classic Rocs (which is not even a derivative of the same mold). The Classic Roc is a putter which means the Roc folks have a true, small-diameter putter whereas the Buzzz folks are trying to putt with with a large-diameter mid which is just not the same. The Buzzz folks might have slightly more variation in out-of-the-box stabilities between the Buzzz OS and SS. Anyone cycling Rocs probably has something for the understable side of the spectrum, but I've yet to see any Roc as overstable as the Buzzz OS's I've thrown (they were like Gators). However, I still think having a true putter would tend to give the Roc throwers the biggest advantage.

I have created a tournament to answer this question. We shall know the evening of June 25th which Mid reigns supreme. I've never heard of an event set up quite like this, has anyone else?

ifallsdisc.weebly.com
The tournament isn't run anymore. There was a Buzzz vs Roc tourney every year here in WI for a few years.

There are Roc v. Buzzz tourneys regularly in many places. It is often done with one new Roc v one new Buzzz -- you put your order in for the one disc when you sign up and you get a tourney stamped one. I have played in one of these, once. Team Roc were obviously all trying desperately to smash up their freshy Rocs before tee time.

I've done this a few times over the years with a group of folks where we just grab the Rocs or Buzzes out of our bags.

I've never heard it done where you take time to compile a massive bag with all the variations of Rocs and Buzzzes. And it sounds dumb as f*ck.

Latest posts