• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

We appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been supplying us with. We will be using this feedback for future runs if this bag or any other bag. I appreciate the time you guy take to come on here and give us your feedback about the bag.

Thank you,
Scott Poland

My last complaint...if you could call it that...is the pencil storage!!! I put 2 pencils in a slot because 1 is too loose. I think 2 pencil holders would've been plenty. For you pencil collectors out there (I'm sure there's at least one) this bag can hold 8 pencils!!!!!!!!! :)

Mine has just enough room for 1 pencil each and it even takes a slight tug to get them to pull out. The far right pocket is a little stretched from holding a sharpie, but it's still not a good fit for two pencils.

They were probably just estimating the size when they were sewn, but that's a pretty big difference. Definitely something they should add to the QC list for the next run.

Mine has just enough room for 1 pencil each and it even takes a slight tug to get them to pull out. The far right pocket is a little stretched from holding a sharpie, but it's still not a good fit for two pencils.

They were probably just estimating the size when they were sewn, but that's a pretty big difference. Definitely something they should add to the QC list for the next run.

my wifes are very sloppy, mini sharpie or 2 pencils is the only thing that fits correctly
the rest of the bag is pretty good though

just got the bag in today, along with two antidotes! and stickers.. haha i can honestly say that i didnt even unwrap it.. just letting it be and selling it to a friend tomorrow

just got the bag in today, along with two antidotes! and stickers.. haha i can honestly say that i didnt even unwrap it.. just letting it be and selling it to a friend tomorrow
A
Why? You got a y good deal on what appears to be a very nice bag. Seems dumb unless your making tons of $ or 2 brand new but even then lightly used it could pull over preorder price....

A
Why? You got a y good deal on what appears to be a very nice bag. Seems dumb unless your making tons of $ or 2 brand new but even then lightly used it could pull over preorder price....

haha i think if you saw me you would realize that the backpack is way to small for me. i did realize it was a medium sized backpack. but dang, haha its small on me. and i tried out the mids today (no way theyre replacing anything in my current grip eq) they have a nice blend of plastic i must add though!
but the bag is just not for me..

He bought a grip bag after salient sent him a bag with no straps sewn on.

I'm curious to know if it would be possible for a seamstress to sew a piece of fabric to the area above the GGI slot to create a platform to store things. Do you guys think it's possible? If so what do you think the price would be?

I'm curious to know if it would be possible for a seamstress to sew a piece of fabric to the area above the GGI slot to create a platform to store things. Do you guys think it's possible? If so what do you think the price would be?

Sounds like a great idea, but would the mod void the warranty?

Its stupid to think something is covered under a warranty when you specially chose to void it... Much different than products failing or breaking...

i was thinking you could enlarge the top pocket, making it go towards the back (straps)
turn it inside out, then cut it, sew on the extension, then just put some stitches through the side pockets and by the straps to hold it up.

or better yet, make or find something pre-made you could adapt, a rectangular shaped cube, secure/hold it up the same way as above
accessing it through one of the side pockets with a L or U shaped zipper

I was implying that this would be an extension of the top pocket, cut it out and everything. Bit adding a side zipper and keeping the small pocket intact sounds genius, kind of a hidden compartment...

I was implying that this would be an extension of the top pocket, cut it out and everything. Bit adding a side zipper and keeping the small pocket intact sounds genius, kind of a hidden compartment...

Post pics please, Yip...;)

Latest posts