• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shots that make you quit and want to give up DG

So I'm teeing off on #10 @ Huntington yesterday and my disc hits a tree and takes a 90-degree left turn toward the street.

Then it his another tree and takes another 90-degree left turn, now heading straight back to me.

Then, 20 feet in front of the tee, it buries itself in the sand underneath a bush.

I laugh :D

I mean, what else is there to do? There I was, playing my all-time favorite game / sport / activity, when I could have been doing what? Cleaning out the garage?

Come on, man, shots don't make you want to give up DG, *YOU* make you want to give up DG. Suck it up and move on to the next hole!

This was the scene I stumbled upon this weekend. Wife exiting course with dog, big frown on her face, and husband about 200 yards behind running up the fairway to catch up with her. Actually, I don't understand why everyone is so unhappy playing Disc Golf!!! Fresh air, scenic trails, wildlife throughout the course, Spring has finally sprung, and we all woke up, made it another day, and can choose to do whatever we want.

I hope everyone truly appreciates each and every day you get to spend on the course!!!! Just ask Sloppy, I'm sure he'd gladly trade places with you!

unhappywife.jpg

This was the scene I stumbled upon this weekend. Wife exiting course with dog, big frown on her face, and husband about 200 yards behind running up the fairway to catch up with her. Actually, I don't understand why everyone is so unhappy playing Disc Golf!!! Fresh air, scenic trails, wildlife throughout the course, Spring has finally sprung, and we all woke up, made it another day, and can choose to do whatever we want.

I hope everyone truly appreciates each and every day you get to spend on the course!!!! Just ask Sloppy, I'm sure he'd gladly trade places with you!

you should join the MS painters group

I would love it if my wife would come play a round with me. I try to get her to come along, but she doesn't want to, so I bring the kids. At first I would have bad rounds with them there, but then I figured it was in my head. Problem solved. Now I've got confidence that I can block out distractions when playing. As far as shots making me want to quit...at the time of the throw... yes, after later reflection...not a chance at quiting. Too much fun out in the sun for me to say I'm done.

This hole makes me want to quit DG, lol. (Hole 14 @ Hornet's Nest)

4f98023c.jpg

OP, I'll take your "bad luck charm" off your hands under the one condition that her gut can't be bigger than mine. I'm pretty generous that way. ;)

That looks very rough BD. I think I'd just throw a backhand Wizard and shoot for the center gap. How do you play that hole?

I'm kinda weird...if I'm throwing a bad round when I'm playing solo, I don't beat myself up over it; however, when I'm out with the family and shoot like crap, I'm very vocal about my suckage and can occasionally make a big deal out of it. Fortunately, my mood isn't sour for long after the round is done, and even if I've sworn off the game indefinitely, none of my equipment gets thrown out or sold, and I'm back on the course the next day or so.

This hole makes me want to quit DG, lol. (Hole 14 @ Hornet's Nest)

4f98023c.jpg

OP, I'll take your "bad luck charm" off your hands under the one condition that her gut can't be bigger than mine. I'm pretty generous that way. ;)

The "gauntlet"? I can get through that window every time.... er, usually.... well, sometimes.... Who am I kiddin?... almost never!:eek:

I'm looking forward to making that hole my *@#$.

Specifically putting during tournaments, it's usually about 10 holes in that I miss my first 15 footer and it gets in my head, every 15 footer that comes after that I'm thinking "I could miss this" not "I can make this" and I miss another, it's about the 5th or 6th missed putt that makes me want to quit this damn game! Then I wake up the next morning and I'm back at the course.

Bad shots? I had MANY of them on Sunday. Made worse because I was actually playing with other people, which I don't get to do often. I hit almost every tree in Ashland Kentucky with every piece of plastic in my bag, including two minis.

Bad enough to make me quit? Not even close. After the worst 18 holes of my life, I played 26 more. And at some point this week, I will find myself on the course yet again, trying to get better.

You have your good days and bad days. I have had rounds, that have made me want to quit afterwards, and I have also had some awesome shots in a bad day, like yesterday.

I was playing yesterday, and the wind was a steady 20 mph, and I couldnt' make anything work. Then on a long , open hole, I was about 100ft from the basket, with a major cross wind, and just tossed my Soft Magnet pretty good, and nailed the chains dead center. I was happy, and that made the rest of the day go better.

That looks very rough BD. I think I'd just throw a backhand Wizard and shoot for the center gap. How do you play that hole?

Replace Wizard with Ion and add pray mightily to the end and that's how I play it. I think if I played there with any regularity I'd be boning up on my FH rollers for sho'.

hell, i dont really even know how to throw a FH roller (have used like 2 in runds ever) and i would definatly be throin one there.

Hole 17 at Lion's Club in Rolla, MO is a very tight shot. I used to always try to drive it, but ALWAYS ended up in the woods. So, I started throwing a nice n easy Buzz shot and could hit the window pretty consistently. But yesterday, I blasted a tree on my first try and the disc landed about 15 ft. from the tee. After a short harassment by my buddies, I tried to have another go it it. I blasted a tree again, almost so hard that it punctured the flight plate on a branch. We were all surprised it didn't.

Lesson: Don't throw in frustration.