• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner and I shot a -7 this afternoon at leagues. We bogeyed the shortest hole on the course:/

Played 54 holes today. My game seems to be growing at leaps and bounds. I'm able to see shots and able to pull them off, it's really getting fun. Played a course I played on Wednesday that I shot +18 and came back today and shot +4 over the same 18 holes. I found a field really close to the house where I can just throw and throw till my arm falls off. Think I made close to 100 practice drives yesterday. I'm really loving this game! :D

Oh can't even believe I forgot to add this....I almost had my first ace with the buzzz. Hit the chains and caught the edge of the basket and bounced out. Hole was right at 168 ft. Pretty exciting.

Last edited:
I really feel like my game is starting to come together after 2 months or so of playing. Still working on my drives but my approach and putting are spot on.

Played a round of 18 at Calvert Rd. Park in Maryland and got a +4 and beat my two friends by 4-5 shots.
2nd round of the day we played the 2nd 9 at Seneca state park and played skins which I won 7 of of the 9.

Ever since I changed my mentality to just trying to shoot par and letting birdies happen I have been playing a lot better.

Oh can't even believe I forgot to add this....I almost had my first ace with the buzzz. Hit the chains and caught the edge of the basket and bounced out. Hole was right at 168 ft. Pretty exciting.

^^^^^ Now you HOOKED

I had a great Day,, played too much today :D

Played this morning then went out again this evening.. There was a Guy at hole one that had a Ranger Backpack I asked him if I could check it out, its on my wants list... anyway he invited me to play through with him and his two friends, I beat my course record by two strokes.. winning by 5 strokes, one of the Guys says Man your good, I told him "No I'm not" but for a moment a felt like a DG God.. LMAO

18 holes with a four day broken ring finger on throwing hand. Did surprisingly well after I adjusted my grip. only two shots away from my norm.

Went to Blue Ribbon Pines for the first time today...suffice to say I was well over par. Had a great time though, what an awesome course!

Won doubles with my bro. Somebody can post the Neil deGrasse Tyson meme in response now.

Played really flat at the state dubs championship, tied for 4th.
Also smashed chains with my trusty comet, only to have it fall out. Kinda sucks watching $166 ace pool slip through your fingers.

I grip-locked a drive right into a window of a dorm room last night while playing glow.

^^^^^ Excellent :clap:

Sure it wasnt funny at the time but one of those things you have to laugh at later... The important thing is whether you recovered your disc

I had my 14th PDGA win of the year over the weekend. It was a tough grind and I really never got my putt going. I took the lead on Sunday morning while trying to recover from a headache. Too many BC powders and a pot of coffee made me extremely jittery. I ate a good meal and had a relaxing break before the 2nd round. I lost my lead in the beginning of the final round and even had a few Tiger Woods back spasms. Suddenly I got my 2nd wind and overcame my deficit. I made a 30ft putt on my last hole to force a playoff. I won the playoff on the 3rd hole.

This was a confidence building experience for me. I have won many events in my past at the Grange/Blockhouse but in the past few years I have never been very consistant in my transition from the Sunny Side to the Dark Side. I had a chance to win an A tier event there earlier this year in the GM division and just choked it away. I played in the Masters divison over the weekend and was able to push myself to hang with the younger guys.

never give up, keep pushing forward

Did not play bad but left a few putt's. When we were on hole 5 my son had a great throw but as he approached his disc he notice bees flying around it. I walked up to it and got about 10 feet away from the disc and one stung me on the finger. I then got a long stick to knock his disc away and got stung 3 more times. Never did get his disc back but it was just pro-d plastic so not a big lose.
93bb8313.jpg

I continued to play but the bee stings definitely affected anything i did after that. I was able to hit metal on my tee shot for 24 which was in the long position at 303ft. MVP amp turned nicely for me around the first set of trees then faded back to hit metal. It was a solid sound so I am thinking I hit the pole.
5d9123ba.jpg

Played poorly this morning. My short game was great. Putts we're on, but am reworking my drives to take off some OAT, and it's been humbling to say the least. Thera are 3 holes that I generally park for 2, but all ended-up requiring an extra throw to get there. Ive got to go back to the soccer field during lunch!

oh man i shot an awesome round this morning at Bradford Posting a -9 (46) from the shorts. I think it's in the 1030's. My avg. score is around 50 with a Par of 55. I've got a tourney coming up there in Oct. I hope my rounds then are something like this.

I played three rounds on Sunday this weekend up at Lake Tahoe with my son and a buddy. First round at Zephyr Cove was tough going. I shot a +7 with only 2 birdies and hit a lot of trees! Second round was at Bijou in South Lake Tahoe. I shot even with 6 birdies and a turkey on the front 9 but also hit a lot of trees and took 6 bogeys also (27 hole course). My 13 year old son kicked our asses with an amazing -3, he was at -5 on hole 27 but took a double bogey. It was the best round I've ever seen him play. Third round was at Incline in North Tahoe. I shot a +1 and also had 6 birdies(and another turkey) but had some real bad tree strikes which I promptly turned into double bogeys!
Great day at the Lake and just need to work on playing steady instead of up & down!

Played my course, Knobley My., with my brother in law who was in from Maine visiting. My play was so so. But it's cool that he actually brought his discs with him on the plane. He's played twice with me when we visited him, but it's nice to see him getting more into it. I gave him a couple Vikings as he had just lost a Valkyrie before he came to visit and thought he might like them. We'll see.

Shot a 48(-6) at Auburn Regional Park in CA this evening. Just flew back in from Seattle this afternoon and after playing Seatac, aka super frustrating course with no tee signs, I felt I needed a nice casual local round. Started off by deucing the first 3 of 5 holes. Had a silly bogey on the 9th because my putt went into the water... haha. Anyways walked up to hole 11 and hyzer flipped my comet off the tee, 370ft laserbeam straight into the chains! Nabbed my third ace of the year and I was very pleased with it haha. Danced around like a goon for a minute and had a pretty casual finish to a fun round with friends ;)

Attachments

• comet ace 2.JPG
    comet ace 2.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 9
  • comet ace.jpg
    comet ace.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 9
Threw the new AR discs in a field for an hour today and then played 9 holes with my son.

Shot OK, the 10 year old has some chops.

Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts