• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbine and I went to acorn today. I also find myself holding back on the tee especially on a course I am not familiar with. All in all it was a great day. I was very happy to play this course. Didn't finish with the greatest score but hey I can add another course to my list. The next time I go out there I am not holding back on anything. Between the two of us unless it hits water, we will find the discs. LOL.

Played OK. I REALLY need to pick up another Viking or two. I can't settle on a go-to driver. Pro Starfire has been doing ok, as has the 2013 AR disc, but there ain't nuthin' like a good 'ol Champ Viking.

I met up with Rocaholic74 at Tyler. My first time there and I had a blast. I played pretty well for my first time around with the exception of hole 3 and 15. Actually took a double circle 9 on 15. It killed my score but not my day. Can not wait to play it again to see how I play the second time through.

Thanks again Rocaholic74!

Played OK. I REALLY need to pick up another Viking or two. I can't settle on a go-to driver. Pro Starfire has been doing ok, as has the 2013 AR disc, but there ain't nuthin' like a good 'ol Champ Viking.

Star Orc.

I'll be in your neck of the woods by about 8:30am or so Saturday.. I'm thinking Crystal Lake first, maybe check out that Horicon course, and then down 33 to West Bend.

Last edited:
-4 after 8 holes, then the HS kids came for phy-ed, and I went home. I guess it's good for the kids to get out tho.

The pins were set up in the long positions today and there were 15-20 mph winds. I was +1 after 9, which ties my best ever, but on the back 9 I blew up and had two double bogeys (on 500'+ holes) to end up with a +9. On both of the long holes that I doubled, I tried rollers that failed miserably. I wish I would have just stuck to what I know and nickeled and dimed it for a 4 on both holes.

Not unhappy. Water Works League and playing for the second time in two weeks. Started out with two bogies and had one OB. Ended up with a birdie free 58. A windy evening but course not set up too hard. I've been playing WW since it went in the ground and now that I'm mid 50s my average has been creeping up every year. Thank goodness for Starlite! An old guys dream...

You'd think a 4' high chain link fence would protect you from going OB against a stiff 35 MPH crosswind if you threw a nice soft lazy roller. Not today. The wind made my Buzzz sideswipe the fence and it just jumped over like a deer. I'm not sure a 6' fence would have been enough.

played camp sankanac today. shot +5 and was even par through 15 and bogied 16 doubled 17 and doubled 18. Course was in perfect shape. Everything was mowed. Nothing seriously over grown. All the tee pads were dry. The water in french creek was low and clean. Perfect day for disc golf. If you have not played this course get out there soon bc your missing out

You'd think a 4' high chain link fence would protect you from going OB against a stiff 35 MPH crosswind if you threw a nice soft lazy roller. Not today. The wind made my Buzzz sideswipe the fence and it just jumped over like a deer. I'm not sure a 6' fence would have been enough.

I did something similar yesterday, my roller managed to jump a 5' fence on the left side with a left to right wind.

Shot threes all day. Had 2 fours in there but had a good round for the most part. Methinks I am improving :) also been getting better distance on my shots. I got to use my new scorecard I got from the Ace Race!

played a few courses while i was running errands today. wind was insane once again, 20+ mph gusts constantly switching directions, so you know how that goes.. lots of pars. getting my short game on lock for a tournament next saturday at a local pitch and putt. gonna try to pull a Will Schusterick and birdie everything. fought the winds pretty well all day, but i hope for calmer conditions next weekend...

lost a proto d4 that i found earlier this year, thing was as stable as my d2.. i sanded the flashing off last night and assumed it would be ready for a big 400' tailwind shot, but it went way left into the thick stuff. ended up finding a new dx banshee but no d4. dark red discs are the worst.

also found a black neutron ion in a shopping mall, as far as i know there are none on ebay or any disc retailers, so i snagged it. the guy at the mall was like, "oh an ion, these are pretty cool." and i said, "yeah i have twelve," and he gave me the stink eye. they see me rollin they hatin.

Shot an ugly and lucky 4 down in Beaver Dam, WI today.

Picked up a Northman at Glide and as much as I wanted it to fly like a Viking or SL, it flew a lot like a Beast.

Hopefully hitting the same course with Stardoggy and his friend tomorrow AM.

:thmbup:

I shot ok today. Played my first round with Devan Owens and Ron Convers. Shot a 982 rated -4. Missed a lot of putts inside of 33. My second round was much better. Shot a 1032 rated -9. Have two more rounds tomorrow and hope to keep shooting well.

Status
Not open for further replies.