• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing like a new personal best on your home course.

Posted a forty nine at Dexter disc golf course for a new personal best there. I think my previous personal best was 56. I'm just hoping I can keep that mellow easy feel during tournies and league play. As always, left a couple strokes out there to pick up next time. Also brought a friend out there for their first time at that course.
This is coming after posting a personal best at North Regional Park in Cottage Grove just two days ago.
Gimme some more!

i didn't really "play" per se but i bought a basket a couple days ago and today i got around to using it to test out all my new putters for quite a while. :) nice to be inside, measure out a distance. turns out i'm pretty consistent from 20-25' but i've made some adjustments to my grip and style that seem to be helping. i started firing some lasers that just start at a certain point and drop slowly, hitting the chains solid but not worrying about comeback distance which is nice. i had a run of 53/53 from 20', just popping a couple putts, moving locations. it's nice to use doorways in our unfinished basement for hyzer/anhyzer obstacles or to use a narrow gap to get into your head a little.

now if i could just putt half that well on the course . . . :wall::wall::wall:

I played really well at Airport Lakes Park in Orlando, FL the last couple of days. Two sets of tees (red and blue) and two sets of baskets (red and gold). I've only played the red to red and red to gold setups thus far and hope to play the other configurations before heading home.

I've played 36 bogey free holes thus far. Missed about 5 putts from inside of 25' which I'm disappointed with... but I haven't been practicing putting at all so it's not really a surprise. Otherwise the putter/mid driving and approach game has been working our quite well.

Advertised par is 28 from both sets of tees. I've shot Red to Red 25, 23, 23 and Red to Gold, 24. Hit metal from the tee twice, too. But once was on the wrong basket. :p

Sorry i'm a week late, i've been busy.

Played the Maple Syrup shootout Feb 22 at Rockville lake park. The course was muddy and snowy despite being 50 degrees. I was very pleased with how i played but still finished last in MM1. i shot 16 shots better this year over last year.

I'm encouraged by my play so far this year over this time last year. My rated rounds this year are about 35 points higher on average compared to this time last year. I'm playing against much better competition this year which should help my game going forward. I'm hoping this will traslate into a higher rating on the next update when these recent rounds replace my awful rounds from the start of last year. ( highest rated round thru 1st 4 events: 2013= 847 2014= 892).

Played yesterday afternoon. Threw fairly well, but the wind and OB hurt me. I need to get out to a field and practice my driving. And putting. And approaching....

Awful. One of those terrible rounds where everything just seems to go wrong.

It was so bad, i'm not even going to post it in my scorebook, and I usually post my bad rounds, lol.

eeeeeeeeeeeh.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

left some strokes out there for sure. but considering i was throwing different putters on every hole and it was 0 degrees with hefty windchill and my handwarmers crapped out an hour into the round . . . i'll take +4. not happy, but not disappointed. once my hands got cold there was just no saving my drives.

Played the Woods of Bowling Green yesterday, and felt kind of so-so about it. Missed at least 5-7 strokes at Hobson Grove (mostly lack of putting confidence), then missed about 5 more strokes at Preston Miller. But two highlights made it feel better (played Intermediate): I brought it home in the end deucing 4 of the last 6 holes to make it respectable, and I think I had the upshot of the day, drilling the basket with my Buzzz from 110-120' out (don't ask me why I had to do that on a 220' hole though :eek:).

i played a whopping 54 holes, everything felt normal again for the most part despite the snow-pack. my last round was well over 1000 so id say im happy with that. now to shovel off the new snow and go at it again!

Went out and played my home course. Shot my best round ever..Helped to finally have some somewhat warm weather..good thing I went to because after being out in 52 degress/sunny/warm, it's now 27'/snow/ice/whygodwhy?

Played yesterday at Kilborne. Really stunk the first round at +12, which would be about an 830 round. Played a second round at +3, which is really good for me. Table from the Charlotte club shows that as a 918 rating.

My ultimate goal is realistic, to average 900+. Lots of work is needed, but luckily (or unlucky) I have plenty of areas to practice to subtract strokes.

Shot a terrible 18 at Riverside in West Bend, WI today. Went back and played a less terrible solo round. Really gave my Champ Leopard a go of it for the first time.

Nice disc.

I'd rather not relive how I played today :wall:. Thanks for asking though.

Shot a terrible 18 at Riverside in West Bend, WI today. Went back and played a less terrible solo round. Really gave my Champ Leopard a go of it for the first time.

Nice disc.

What he forgot to mention is that it was 2º w/ a -16º wind chill. F@#$@# freezing. The rule of it having to be at least 15º is back in effect.

Came down with a nasty case of posion ivy while camping weekend before last and my right ankle is still throbbing from all of the blood flow necessary to heal the blisters/scabs that formed from the mid calf down. Like 3-4 the size of a quarter and 5-6 more the size of a dime/nickel.

I'm dyin' with all this sunny, so cal weather and not feeling able to plant that foot properly... 10 days and counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts