• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't ply well at doubles today. Shot 5 under. Went and played a round after out in central with Ian to get ready for a tournament at the end of September. One over par on the front nine and 8 over on the back nine with one hole just really eating me alive. Need to hit the basket hard and field work. Hope all this work will pay off.

today was day two of the saskatchewan open at diefenbaker park in saskatoon. went into the day in 6th place and came out tied for second. the wind was howling at about 60km/h today and it was raining. ended up getting 4 over including a 7 on one hole where the wind caught my putter and blew it backwards right over my head and out of bounds. played good and felt good about the tourney

Played 51 holes yesterday and the last 2 rounds we did a putter only and a putter + mid only to work on those discs. I think we learned our discs better doing that plus it was fun driving with a putter.

meh.

-3 and -2 at acorn for our league. left a lot of strokes out there; a double bogey each round and 4 missed putts from 15-25' in my second round.

Tied for 5th at the ECO#8 1 day C-Tier in Jacksonville, NC. First Pro Open cash.

Two spins at the local 9. Putting was pretty good, everything else was meh. Lost a disc. Blah.

Haven't really felt like throwing this week...Flip City took it outta me last weekend, sorta forced myself to go today.

You know how I know you're gay?...

Flip City took it out of me too. Shot -6 at Beaver Dam over 18 and -4 on the "back nine" at Horicon.

Meh again. Shot a 54 at kaposia with only 3 birdies and some lucky kicks. I'll take it. I missed birdies on holes 1, 2, 4, 7 and a couple other easy ones too.

Normally I dont post in here much but here goes...

I had an awesome day behind the disc. I shot my best round at Archusa State park in Quitman,MS today, -5 under ! :thmbup: That round included a penalty stroke too.

I ended up even on the first 9 holes (all par 3) and made the move on the back nine with some good shots and putts followed by some love from lady luck. I Double Eagled hole #13 there today, carded a 2 on a par 5 :hfive:! I will admit that the hole is 468' with a water carry if you choose to throw over it (which I don't) and is really a par 4. Their score card and the DGCR listing has it the same at a par 5, so I will take it.

Now on to the shot itself...My drive off the tee went out decent and faded left (RHBH thrower) and landed on the closer side where the water carry would kinda start. The next shot had to be 230' to 250' to the pin. I pulled out my trusty orange GL River and put it on a sweet sweeping hyzer line that I knew had the chance to be good, as we watched it go I was hoping to hit around the pin for an easy Eagle putt...then it happened...the disc came in at the angle, instantly stuck in the basket and did not move! I guess I could call it a field ace as well?

The most awesome part of the story is that the back nine has INSTEP baskets, permanently installed with poles that are too short and the chains sag over the basket edge. Those things make tap in putts require your attention.

To finish off my story, I then proceeded to take that same disc on hole #14, a 268' with a water carry you have to throw over, and crank it over out of my hand to send it loooong right into the lake :wall: for a penalty! I finished that round, played another 18 and got my disc before I left.

Luckily I could see it (thankfully it was my orange one) and it was not too far out in the water. The water was gross :sick: and I did not want to wade out there in it but, I was not about to leave that man behind! Time for my first water retrieval (where I was going in and was gonna get soaked).

I stripped off my shorts, waded out to it through some brown plant life that made the bottom not visible and yes, I kept my socks and shoes on. I only had to wade out to a little past crotch deep and I had to reach in for the grab. I plan ahead and always bring a towel and a shirt to wear for the trip home. Next time I might bring another pair of underwear so I wont have to ride home commando! :eek:

So, I had possibly the best distance line drive I have had to date today. 394 feet to the pin. Large tree on the right protecting the pin. To get to the pin you have to have good height in the beginning and then fade out low to come under the tee limbs. I threw my gstar Destroyer and got the line perfect. Dropped two feet from the pin. Funny thing is, I thought I had a twenty foot putt for bird. You beeter believe I let out an OMG when I realized just how close I was.

I SCORED MY BEST ROUND EVAR TODAY BY TWO!

Can you tell I'm excited? I threw a 56 (+2) on the long layout. Today's round had to be at least a 930-940 rated round. Everything was good. But what stood out most were my approaches. I put myself within putting distance on every single hole, even all the 400+ holes. My putting was great too, as there were no missed putts within 30 feet.

What a day. I rarely feel like I'm any good at this game, but today was one of those days. I need to focus on what went right today so I can repeat it on my next round.

I SCORED MY BEST ROUND EVAR TODAY BY TWO!

Can you tell I'm excited? I threw a 56 (+2) on the long layout. Today's round had to be at least a 930-940 rated round. Everything was good. But what stood out most were my approaches. I put myself within putting distance on every single hole, even all the 400+ holes. My putting was great too, as there were no missed putts within 30 feet.

What a day. I rarely feel like I'm any good at this game, but today was one of those days. I need to focus on what went right today so I can repeat it on my next round.

:hfive:

Right back at ya, man.

I'll tell you, when I drained that 25 footer from under the tree on a bad lie, I felt like I could take on McBeast. :p

Hitting the big ones makes you wanna keep comin' back for more.

I played too many rounds yesterday. Feeling it today. But I shot two 1000 rated rounds back to back, at least judging by the mn majestic/am worlds scores. So that was cool.

Right back at ya, man.

I'll tell you, when I drained that 25 footer from under the tree on a bad lie, I felt like I could take on McBeast. :p

Hitting the big ones makes you wanna keep comin' back for more.

I do the same when I hit jump putts. Great high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts