• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 practice rounds at each of the 2 courses for the tourney this weekend (yay skipping work on a beautiful day).

At ellison my tourney goal is a 57 (even) - and I put up 2 57s. Drives were fairly clean but not great. Missed too many birdie putts though. Oh well - nice to know I can still end up even even if my putting isn't hot. #3 continues to tease me. 2nd time off the basket this week. Need to get that drive up a few inches to collect same ace pool money.

At Chili my tourney goal is 63 (+5). Today I shot a 62 and a 59, so I was thrilled with both. Putting was much better. Managed to snag my first ever 2 on #2. Even saved a circle 3 on #3 after going OB 30' out. I thought I was going to end even with my second round but it wasn't to be....messed up my 2nd throw on #18 that left me scrambling and saving a bogie 5. Oh well - still felt awesome to end up under 60 there for the first time.

Now if only I can repeat these performances this weekend...

Got two birdies in one round for the first time today. I gotta say I was shaking on the second one, even though it was close. I felt like I was in a tourney with so much on the line. :)

Overall, my drives were quite good with the new Fission Photon. But a few amateur (consistency issues) mistakes, plus the wind (about 10-20mph) cost me about 4 strokes. I scored better than average though, and with no wind, I bet my personal best could have fallen.

I have to say that my home course is getting too busy for its own good. I know many of you say grow the sport and all, but there can be growing pains to deal with. I had to wait on several holes, and had to skip a few more because of gridlock. Rounds just aren't fun for me anymore at that point. But it is what it is.

Played four rounds at Highbridge today, one on Woodland Greens, two on Blueberry, and finally got to give Gold a whirl.

MAN what a course Gold is! No wonder it's in the top 10. It was cut to perfection and resembled everything a perfect course should look like in terms of aesthetics. And that number 8 was a beast. I did decent in my opinion for my first time out there, I finished with a 76, which is a +8. I definitely could've done a LOT worse. I was happy to par three par fours (1,11, and 18), and birdied hole 12. Unfortunately Gold ate my Pro Boss, but I replaced it with a Champ Teebird from the proshop.

In other news, I gained one stroke on my best score on Blueberry Hill, brought it down to a 63, which is a +5. Parred that beastly hole 8 again :D

And Woodland Greens was great as well, teamed up with two other guys and a woman for the round. Hit about 75% of my lines, but those that went in the trees gave me a hell of a time getting out, really racked up the strokes for said holes; ended up +13 :sick: Still a blast though.

All together with the course lengths added up, I walked 5.1 miles, not including walking to the courses and searching for shanked drives. The best way to get exercise! Pretty darn good day if I do say so myself :thmbup:

Played a quick 18 after work. Started off great - One bogey, five pars and three birdies on the first 9 holes. Second half I forgot how the fk to play disc golf... Finished 5 over. I dont know what happened but I made some embarrassing mistakes. Every time I fked up I would throw a second disc and nail it (but I played my first throw) but I was getting pretty aggrevated. I think after the first couple holes in the second half it got in my head too much and I was rushing it.

Rough round for me too after work. I hit a few early pars before going bogey double par double the next three holes. I think I finished at least +15 for the round. Now I have a busy weekend with 2 rounds at Borderland before the Wounded Warrior tourney on Monday at Maple Hill whites. Ought to be fun. It'll be my first tourney as a PDGA member (75510)

Great round this morning at -9 putting was on fire and an ace in the first hole. Best round in months, but honestly with an ace I could have scored +20 and still felt it was a good round.

Honestly, any day on a Disc Golf Course is a great day! Out all day with my 8 year old son, (he is addicted). Hit 2 new courses, (for us). First course was Pulaski Community Park. Over all, pretty good, until the 16th hole. It was completely torn up. We found the basket, and set it back up as best we could in as close to the spot as indicated in the sign on the tee box. 18's sign is facing the wrong way and is a little walk. The 18 basket is in the middle of a dirt/gravel/sand dump zone, but playable. It actually made it kinda interesting. I was +10, but for the first time on a course, I will take it. The boy loved it. i have his par set to 5, (so he gets to use the terms birdie, par & bogey). He shot "even par". ;-). Then went to Pinecrest Park in Howard. Nice! Lots of challenging shots! Lots of places to think you are better than you are and lose a disc...lol. +11 for me on that one and the boy was "+5".

What a fantastic way to start off the holiday weekend!

Playing the Large Marge in AdvGM, I took the first round lead this morning with a four under round, then gave it back at Turtlecreek, going four over (seven on just the back nine!). Man, just call me Jekyll & Hyde. One more round at Monroe tomorrow to turn it back around.

I guess I'd call todays two rounds so-so. First round, tied my PB at personally the hardest of the local courses, PB I set last weekend; just annoying getting the same score as PB, leaves the feeling like no improvement has been made. Second round, scored worse, despite getting a birdie on two holes I'd never birdie'd (one of those my friend hadn't birdie'd either). Ironically, last weekend, during the PB round, missed a 15-footer at the first hole for birdie, one of the holes I birdie'd today, both birdies weren't even gimmies, 20-25 -footers both of them :hfive: .

+2 At Hornings Hideout Canyon course. Decent score for a bad round. Spent most of the day looking for discs for other people. Couldn't get my head in the game. At least there's always tomorrow!!

Didn't play too bad. Didn't really keep score though just who was up by how ever many strokes. Missed a few easy putts though which was disappointing

Solid plus one on Borderland whites (my average is closer to plus four). I took two bogeys (3, 12) and one birdie (4). I missed a 12 footer on 13, that aggravated me.

Now, in the words of that loveable coach who runs that team three miles from my apartment,

"We're onto Maple Hill"

Argh. 2 excellent rounds yesterday and a total of 2 bogies, left me in 1st place heading into the 3rd round.

This AM - WTF?!?!? Couldn't hit a fairway to save my life.....and 12 bogies. Dropped from 1st to 9th (of 46). Welcome to intermediate golf. :(

Played +1 at Thunderbird Paseo. That is the best score I've had there. I also hit the basket on #5, so only inches away from an ace. I was even through 17, but threw my drive on 18 into the busy street above last week, so I played it to safe and left myself to long of a putt after my upshot. Possibly could have been even.

Headed up to Axldog in Menomonie this weekend for an unsanctioned event, The Great Morel Meltdown. There was 3 events, all 3 trophy only, a big draw (besides the awesome time to be had at Axldog) was the artwork on the trophies.

The main event was 1 round of singles (21 holes) Saturday afternoon. I shot 4 down, which was good enough to take it by 4 - second place was a 5 way tie at even. The evening event was random draw doubles, I had no drive to do well, but we ended up in second with 9 down 3 out of the first place score of 12 down. Sunday's round was also random draw doubles, where I pushed hard for another victory at 13 down edging out the next closest team by 1 throw.

With a near sweep of the weekend I took 1st, 2nd, 1st in the three events. Prior to the weekend I had never taken home a trophy, and this event I took home 3 trophies and a disc.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11295742_10153428057741458_142694066864088841_n.jpg
    11295742_10153428057741458_142694066864088841_n.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 50
^ Congrats, Martin!

Today I played well enough to win tags. I started with #8 and now up two at #6. Hopefully I'll be closer to that #1 next week!

Meh... soaking wet course, mosquitos and gnats everywhere, mediocre drives.... still is good to get out there either way.

After a failure of a tourney round yesterday, I totally redeemed myself today (of course it doesn't count....although i did swap tags because of it). Shot a new personal best in a round where almost everything went well. Even when I did mess up, I was shooting sick recovery shots to save par. The best was on #6. I tried to take a huge risk/reward shot knowing a failed execution would leave me OB ~50 off the tee. Doinked an early tree and appeared to go OB. Oh well. Walk up - and dry by 6"...but still ~250 out with an awkward lie and few choices on line. My only choice to save a 3 was flick that was out over OB the entire flight until fading in at the circles edge. If messed this one up it was really going to hurt as it wouldn't advance my lie at all.......and I parked it. Drop in 3. :)

Still left a few out there but overall played very well. Nothing like setting a new personal best.

I played and had fun so I win.

Pd, gazelle and Leo have all been killin' it. Distance has slipped though, definitely not throwing ad far as I once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts