• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 9 under at dubs last night, had a great card to shoot with, had a great time.

Just finished a round at the home nine at three under. Not stellar but not bad. Gonna do some coursework at a new local course in a lil bit.

I had two firsts today. I got my first ace! OK, it was a black ace. The drive wasn't really that bad, but it was low, and I smashed the heart of the chains from about 110 feet out. I knew it was going in, too. Pretty cool shot, even though it made me bogey the hole.

The other first was more wacky dumb luck than anything. I tried to throw a FH with my bag on from about 120-130 feet, and it was so awful that it became a wonky roller. Lo and behold, it rolled right to the poll, hit it, and stopped. I was in shock at the sheer luck and randomness of that shot. Couldn't do it again if I tried.

Either way, the round was horrible and I only played like 10 holes because of the stupid sprinklers and heat. I was sweating buckets by hole 2. But at least I got to test my sweet Plasma Insanity, so it was worth it.

You seem a bit dangerous, and sweaty, like a young, sexy Mickey Rourke, although Mickey Rourke may be better at disc golf.

Thanks to an acute attack of gout I'm not playing this week. Hopefully I can limp through the doubles tournament this weekend I have planned with my son.

Last edited:
The tree gods were on my side last night. On hole #1 I hit two trees and the disc still landed under the basket touching the pole. There were two other holes I hit a tree and it helped my bad shots each time.

-15 (all par 3s) on an old Steady Ed course. I'll take it.

Played for the first time in a year a couple of days ago... it was fun to be back out, but it was an ugly round. Going again tomorrow, hopefully I can work some more rust off

Went out this morning and tied my best score on local 18 hole course of 10 over par! Really pleased with this performance I figured I better leave it at that for the day. However, decided to go back and give it another go this afternoon and scored 14 over par, still very good for me. At the age of 71, I'm very pleased to be able to play 36 holes of disc golf in one day. My wife says I may as well just live there!:eek:

I managed to squeeze in four rounds all at different courses in the Raleigh area today - Kentwood, Middle Creek, Jones Park, Apex. It was my first time playing each. Played about par at Kentwood, but I should have done much better. Probably averaged +5 over the next three. Not a bad day for me.

Played Barber Park in Greensboro after work today. I shot my first round there without a double bogey! I shot a 10 over; 8 pars, 10 bogeys. I drove okay, upshotted well, and putted well. I am getting more and more consistent in every aspect; nice to see my fieldwork and putting practice paying off!

Played today, not gonna tell which course. I was waiting in my car for a threesome to tee off the first hole. I saw 3 extremely long, intense, and amusing pre-shot routines. These guys were decent and out for blood. I love this game.

Had a really good round at a mini tonight. Thought I finally beat a dude that's beat me the past 6 times...he also shot better and still beat me. lol...

First 9 holes, fairly good, -1. Back 9...ended up at +5. Wasn't feeling well, got tired quickly. It was worth going out, but wiped me out, and now I am awake because I keep waking up coughing. :( Blah. Going to go out tomorrow (I hope) and show my body who's boss. :\

Drives were money, but in the circle putting was a bit off compared to how I've been putting lately. Played 45 holes at Cap Springs shorts to reds, by far the easiest configuration in Madison and was -29. I don't believe I had a single drive outside the circle all day.

First ever under par round this morning. :D And -3, at that. Birdied 4 of the first 6 and was bogie free until 13 where I threw my one truly bad drive of the day. Had a couple of longer birdie putts that bounced off the top of the front rim of the basket...thought both were in all the way, another inch higher on either and they would have been. Next time I get off to a good start, I won't play so conservatively on the back 9 simply for the sake of making sure to finish under par for the first time.

Got 'revenge' on my home pitch & putt course today. After over 500 rounds there, I never expect to bogie any holes, but threw three yesterday in one round. So I returned today and threw a bogey free -13, deucing the last 10 in a row, hitting the lip of the cage on 17 and fading 18 just a foot to the left of the chains. One over my personal best, so I feel like, "take THAT, Mound!" :p

So close to a great round on the first one, just let it slip through my fingers. First two drives were pretty bad, but upshots were money, allowing me to hang in there and get a couple of good drives with solid putts to go -2 after five. Double bogey on #6 after a perfect drive followed by #Dam (botch your upshot), double-putt :wall: . Steadied the ship with a drop-in on #10, then a good putt on #11 for par, leaving me at even, six holes to go, all with birdie potential. Missed my line by a hair on two of them, still within reach of my PB heading to #16, where suddenly found distance to my drive, at the wrong time, going into the OB island in the middle of the fairway. Followed that up by triple-putting for bogey on #17 (even without a 50-foot roll which turned my friend's birdie look into a bogey).

Second started off far worse, not even a sniff at birdie, +4 after six. Once again steadied the round, hanging in there. Only real highlight was almost sinking a 80-footer off the knee, through foliage, clanging just off the rim. Ironically, I've never birdied that hole, so getting birdie on THAT putt would've been almost embarassing.

Weather didn't help matters. On hole 4 of the first round, the first shower, which lasted about a third of the round, just enough to wet stuff, mostly turning grass into very slippery surface, coupled with windy conditions, hands weren't the warmest. Another shower early on the second round, which lasted a bit longer and hit just as we left the wooded part, with continued drizzles for most of the round, soaking towel and cold, clammy fingers didn't make for the best drive potential ever.

Had a nice morning of disc golf. Only even, but I managed to make a nice "get out of trouble" shot and 30-40' putt on the last hole to stay even. Drives were okay, with a couple easy birdies but too many putts that were just a tiny bit outside my confidence range. As a side note, I'm noticing that the less I use my Zone, the better my round is. In other words, I generally use it to great effect to salvage par, but it means I'm not having looks at birdie.

Did Okay

Played what I review as a great course for the first time and beat it by a couple of strokes. Found a couple of discs while searching for mine in the brush. No names or numbers, so I guess I have a couple more for my 'guest bag'. Found mine later, with the help of a very gracious local. All in all, a good, fun day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts