• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw Down/Texas States/Nick Hyde

I liked Uli as well, but it always sounds like he's chewing gum or something...hard to tell if he is or not. lol..

Uli & Nate Perkins -- to me, disc golf commentary doesn't get any better. They are setting a new standard for professionalism. Uli in particular has really raised the bar.

Personally I could have done without the complaints about the tee pads 5 times on each hole.

Yep this is the part of the season where I could care less about any tournaments...let me know when we get to the East Coast or at least Ledgestone.

TD (Matt Siri) drama, can someone chime in with actual facts?

I heard Terry via SmashBoxx say something about Matt offering the Master's division a higher payout due to the delay and the FPO not getting the same treatment? I'm hoping that is not true, because if it is.....wow....some sirious fallout... Is that even PDGA legal?

About 1h:15m in they talk about NHM Master's division:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXHHt71q2E

Is this right? FPO plays 4 holes on Sat, is told to stop due to weather. They're told the 4 holes won't count. They play what they think is the final round/holes on Sunday and on hole #12 they are told they have to play another 5 holes after they finish the round because the 4 holes they played yesterday now count and then have to get in 5 more holes to make the earlier round official. If this is right, there's again some sirious mishaps being made by this guy. He doesn't have the best rep in the DFW area (not part of the DGPT tour anymore) but he's a veteran TD and should have researched the situation immediately so the players know exactly what's going on the next day. Did any other division have to go through this?

Granted..on one hand more / less holes shouldn't affect how you play, but when the conditions are horrible on the teepads, it has to change up how you approach your overall game.

TD (Matt Siri) drama, can someone chime in with actual facts?

I heard Terry via SmashBoxx say something about Matt offering the Master's division a higher payout due to the delay and the FPO not getting the same treatment? I'm hoping that is not true, because if it is.....wow....some sirious fallout... Is that even PDGA legal?

About 1h:15m in they talk about NHM Master's division:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXHHt71q2E

Is this right? FPO plays 4 holes on Sat, is told to stop due to weather. They're told the 4 holes won't count. They play what they think is the final round/holes on Sunday and on hole #12 they are told they have to play another 5 holes after they finish the round because the 4 holes they played yesterday now count and then have to get in 5 more holes to make the earlier round official. If this is right, there's again some sirious mishaps being made by this guy. He doesn't have the best rep in the DFW area (not part of the DGPT tour anymore) but he's a veteran TD and should have researched the situation immediately so the players know exactly what's going on the next day. Did any other division have to go through this?

Granted..on one hand more / less holes shouldn't affect how you play, but when the conditions are horrible on the teepads, it has to change up how you approach your overall game.

Don't know anything about the Masters division but that they only played what appears to be three holes is wrong. My assumption is that they collectively refused to go back out to complete the round like the women did. If he was offering extra payout to them in lieu of finishing, that's wrong too.

This was 100% a TD screw up. Given that the TD is the same one who was at the helm two years ago when they had weather mess up and ultimately cancel the final round of the tournament, I would have expected he'd be more up on the official policies for suspended rounds. Or at the very least, know exactly who to contact for clarification.

To be clear, the PDGA issued their official policies after that particular event (and after the GBO had similar issues a few weeks later). But you'd think a TD having gone through that would have been paying attention to a clarification of policy brought about in part because of what happened at their event. The PDGA made a big deal about publicizing and emphasizing this policy when they put it out.

Latest posts