• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw Down/Texas States/Nick Hyde

Ricky looked mighty unhappy during the round, at his own play, so seeing him celebrate for the fans at the end was quite nice.

Commentators in the past have noted how Wysocki will moan about a throw as it leaves his hand, and then it ends up being a great shot. Kind of like a football fan complaining about his team's playcalling, but his team wins going away in spite of it. It's just the way Wysocki is, and probably the 'unhappier' he is, the better he's actually doing...

I'm assuming the MP50 division is in the same boat as MPO in that they never got on the course yesterday before the delays began. But MP40 looks like they got round 2 started before being halted, but they only had to complete 3 holes? Seems inconsistent to me that they didn't have to finish a minimum of 9 holes as required by the mid-event suspension policy, but the women did.

What a cluster****.
Yes, both FPO R2 scores and MP40 apparently not corrected yet. MP40 shouldn't have any scores for R3. Either that or R2 should maybe be shown as a 22-hole round adding the 3-hole R3 scores with R2 and posting in R2 column with a unique 22-hole layout listed for ratings calcs.

How will Jomez air FPO? . . they basicly have to air R3 before R2.

But if they call the videos "R2" and "R3" many people is going to watch R2 first and see the winning putt

How will Jomez air FPO? . . they basicly have to air R3 before R2.

But if they call the videos "R2" and "R3" many people is going to watch R2 first and see the winning putt

Were I in their shoes, I'd edit it as one 28-hole round (in 3 parts since they like to break up rounds anyway). Saturday's holes followed by Sunday's holes in chronological order (1-4 + 1-19 + 5-9). Captures the whole story as it happened.

Warning, pre-coffee post. Maybe with caffeine I could understand why this makes sense:

Remember that completion of a previous round always takes precedence over starting a new round, so delays earlier in the event are easier to recover from by simply completing the round after the delay even if necessary to do so the next morning prior to the start of any other round (may require cancelling a later round.)

Why the precedence for previous rounds? They all count the same in the final score. Why not just be practical?

It seems to me that a round requires certain resources: a booked course, daylight, a date, volunteers at the event etc.

Those resources go away after the the round is supposed to be over. Trying to pull them a round out of the past and cram it in front of a future round - even if that future round is thus cancelled - seems like the single most impractical way possible to handle these situations.

I understand the idea of playing as many holes as possible, and using every hole that was played. But, aren't tournaments set up in the first place to play as many holes as possible? Or, at least as many as is ideal? If some holes aren't played, I don't see where the room to play more in the future will come from.

If the final round is set in the spectator-friendly course with a full day of activities planned, it would not seem to make sense for the suggested way to proceed be to try to get all the players back to yesterdays course in the woods on the other side of town to finish a round.

I would think the default should be to use what you can from any messed up rounds, then reset and get back on the originally scheduled track the next time.

Pretty sure our DG suspension rule is borrowed from ball golf where they never throw out previously completed holes. Players just continue after a round is suspended from where they left off even if it's the next day. That's not to say it works as well for DG but it's currently the policy.

Because that is what the PDGA policy on the subject dictates is the answer whether it makes good sense or not.

I was not questioning the TD's actions, I was pondering whether that PDGA policy should be re-thunk.

wow... what a mess for the FPO field. Obviously when you're in the lead, conditions suck, and you think you don't have that many holes left, you start dialing it in just so you can get the fruck out of dodge, and then you go through a period of not knowing what the hell is going on. Wow...both Rebecca and Catrina had to have been going crazy. You can tell by Catrina's commentary she was one step away from verbally handing it to the TD. When Catrina faltered, you have to hand to Paige who realized if she took advantage of the situation she could take home a w, and she did. wow...

I like Paiges coment on Ultiworld

"While it is fair to say the division was rattled by the news, Pierce took it a little differently.
"I loved it," Pierce said. "More time to catch-up."

And she did :)

Just as Paige got the news she started playing insanly good. .i think they got the news on 11s tee. . .Paige went -7 in just 13 holes after that

I like Paiges coment on Ultiworld

"While it is fair to say the division was rattled by the news, Pierce took it a little differently.
"I loved it," Pierce said. "More time to catch-up."

And she did :)

Just as Paige got the news she started playing insanly good. .i think they got the news on 11s tee. . .Paige went -7 in just 13 holes after that

sooooo can we be filled in on the full story?

Latest posts