• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

View attachment 59811

attachment.php

From the PDGA website:
Dear Players & Staff,

Round 4 of the 2016 USDGC has officially been cancelled. This was not an easy decision to make. Postponing the round would have caused many logistical problems for both our players and staff. Since many of you have traveled to get here, rescheduling hotel and flight accommodations on such short notice would have proved to be very difficult and in many cases not possible. This has been made more difficult due to the influx of evacuees from the coast.

What this means:
•The event standings after round 3 are final. Jeremy Koling is the 2016 US Disc Golf Champion. Congratulations!
•There will not be an awards ceremony.
•We will make arrangements to mail out payout and trophies after the event. We will be in contact with players with more information about this process.

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to our staff and volunteers for your hard work in making this event possible and for braving the elements. We would also like to extend our gratitude to all the players for your patience during these less than ideal conditions. Again, we sincerely apologize for this turn of events and the resulting inconvenience.

We hope you travel home safely and we have the pleasure of having you return next year.

Sincerely,

The Entire USDGC & PDGA Crew

Glad koling wins despite the circumstances.

Lose/lose scenario for the staff but ultimately the right call imo

From the PDGA website:
Dear Players & Staff,

Round 4 of the 2016 USDGC has officially been cancelled. This was not an easy decision to make. Postponing the round would have caused many logistical problems for both our players and staff. Since many of you have traveled to get here, rescheduling hotel and flight accommodations on such short notice would have proved to be very difficult and in many cases not possible. This has been made more difficult due to the influx of evacuees from the coast.

What this means:
•The event standings after round 3 are final. Jeremy Koling is the 2016 US Disc Golf Champion. Congratulations!
There will not be an awards ceremony.
•We will make arrangements to mail out payout and trophies after the event. We will be in contact with players with more information about this process.

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to our staff and volunteers for your hard work in making this event possible and for braving the elements. We would also like to extend our gratitude to all the players for your patience during these less than ideal conditions. Again, we sincerely apologize for this turn of events and the resulting inconvenience.

We hope you travel home safely and we have the pleasure of having you return next year.

Sincerely,

I wish every PDGA tournament was this way. Finish the last round and head home. :thmbup:

From the PDGA website:
Dear Players & Staff,

What this means:
•There will not be an awards ceremony.

Sincerely,

That's pretty nuts.

Damn no Smashboxx viewing party! Congrats to Jeremy! I'm sure Eagle is playing yesterday's round over and over of what could have been and Nikki was ready to pumounce. Too bad we wont get a final day battle, but right decision for weather/safety and player travel plans on Sunday.

No final round edited coverage.. just like last year.. sigh

What makes you think they won't put out edited coverage of yesterday's round?
Why even bother at this point. Entire event was a complete ****show from start to finish. In a way its almost fitting that the gods just shut the damn thing down.

Why even bother at this point. Entire event was a complete ****show from start to finish. In a way its almost fitting that the gods just shut the damn thing down.

Couldn't agree more. This has been the least enjoyable USDGC to follow as a casual fan. Live scoring was spotty, live video was non-existent, and the hole changes seemed uninspired. I haven't watched a single edited video, and I can't think of a reason to do so now that the event has been shortened.

Congrats to Jerm. At least he took something positive away from this whole thing.

Agree.

- No live coverage was huge. Once we know what happens you lose almost all of interest in seeing it later. You could hear Paige criticizing JT for getting angry at her for filming Jeremy's unofficial putt on 18. Like someone said, that was the best coverage of the weekend. That and Paige's video of the awards ceremony.

- Wrap-up show spent too much time on the DGWT intro, hole previews and tap in putts. I know this has an end game of a nicely packaged sports event that will be worth an investment to sponsors but life coverage makes you feel like you're part of the action. I enjoyed the crisp coverage and multiple angles of the videos you did release. The slow mow was awesome as well.

- Distance exhibition was not on Saturday and that is a fan favorite. Moot point for the last couple years but it was awesome seeing Jerm hit the basket with Wolfcock a couple years back.

I'm hoping for better weather and the best USDGC configuration next year. Thanks to all the volunteers that help made this happen.

Agree.

- No live coverage was huge. Once we know what happens you lose almost all of interest in seeing it later. You could hear Paige criticizing JT for getting angry at her for filming Jeremy's unofficial putt on 18. Like someone said, that was the best coverage of the weekend. That and Paige's video of the awards ceremony.

- Wrap-up show spent too much time on the DGWT intro, hole previews and tap in putts. I know this has an end game of a nicely packaged sports event that will be worth an investment to sponsors but life coverage makes you feel like you're part of the action. I enjoyed the crisp coverage and multiple angles of the videos you did release. The slow mow was awesome as well.

- Distance exhibition was not on Saturday and that is a fan favorite. Moot point for the last couple years but it was awesome seeing Jerm hit the basket with Wolfcock a couple years back.

I'm hoping for better weather and the best USDGC configuration next year. Thanks to all the volunteers that help made this happen.

Please explain JT getting angry at Paige? Apparently its not just random forum posters he mouths off too; its actual pros to?