• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What are your favorite discs?

What are your favorite discs?

• Buzzz

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Roc

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • Aviar

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • TeeBird

Votes: 49 39.2%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Firebird

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Eagle

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Comet

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Leopard

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Nuke

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • River

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Wraith

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • Ion

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Cyclone

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Other - list your disc

Votes: 51 40.8%

• Total voters
So i'm kinda new to this and wanted to get some input on popular discs to try. here are some discs you can vote from.

You can't really go wrong with any, unless.....

You are a newer player, stay away from the really fast ones (Wraith, Destro, Nuke) and the Ion, no one should ever throw that.

Favorite discs for what? For a one disc round, for drives, favorite because I got my first ace with it, the disc has the coolest color?

They're all favorite discs to somebody and hated by somebody else.

Dumb pole.
(Heads over to the "things that make you irrationally upset" thread)

Favorite discs for what? For a one disc round, for drives, favorite because I got my first ace with it, the disc has the coolest color?

They're all favorite discs to somebody and hated by somebody else.

Dumb pole.
(Heads over to the "things that make you irrationally upset" thread)

^ Dumb Pole indeed

Scale and PD. The Tyrant is getting a lot of love the last couple weeks, as well. But mainly my PD and Scale will be my workhorses.

Rocs, Wizards, Zones, PDs, and QJLSs

Honorable mentions to Proxies, Classic Rocs, TeeBirds, Comets, and Polecats

Less honorable mentions to Patriots, Rivals, Relays, and Opto Pures

A Team: Spike, Pure, Comet, Teebird, Valkyrie, Firebird (almost every round)
B Team: Envy, Zone, Roc, Patriot, Destroyer (some rounds)
C Team: Trident, Orc, XCal (occasional rounds)

If you had challengers on there you could have a 3 disc round with my picks. Challenger, roc, Valkyrie.

I will always have a place for FD's and terns. Those two discs have produced more "wow" shots for me than any others.

Most of my favorites weren't listed.

My favorites are (by nature and by default) listed in my signature below.

what are those?

The FD is Discmania's speed 7 fairway driver. As a newer player it would be a GREAT first driver for almost anyone. Personally, I think all new players should learn to throw a mid like a Roc, Buzz, Truth, Warship etc. before ever even buying a driver. But, I understand the allure of wanting to throw a driver. It's fun!

The tern is a speed 12 distance driver from Innova. When you are learning, a speed 7 driver will almost always go further than a speed 12 so you should stay away from the real high speed stuff for a while. That's my 2 cents and one that is shared by most.

Good luck and have fun! Welcome to the sport sorry I was joking around when I said I voted for all. But it's true, I have all of those discs you list and I like them all for different reasons.

Can't go wrong with the classic line up of Aviar, Roc, Leopard, Teebird, Firebird, Destroyer.

Throw an OLF in there and you're set.