• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs are in your bag because of DGR?

discspeed

* Ace Member *
Pretend that you never heard of this site, let alone read me ranting about Buzzzes/Voodoos/Stalkers, Jesse touting the XXX thrown multiple ways, Further hailing the PD, Blake and his Rocs/Wizards/dx Teebirds, Frank and his Eagles, and dgdave trying everything for us all. What discs wouldn't be in your bag?

For me, its the XXX and PD (if I like the way it actually flies). I've tried others though, they just didn't stick. Also, I may have thrown a Roc once in a while before I was the Buzzz messiah and chosen to represent. :wink:

I put the wizard in my bag back in the day because of DGR, I'd probably still be throwing a combo of rhynos and aviars.

Lately I would never have given the force a second chance if I hadn't heard Masterbeato and a couple of others talking it up as a longer pred. It is what I wanted the Champ Xcal to be.

Valkyries, Cyclones, Rocs, Comets, Firebird (for thumbers) and Wizards...yeah, that is pretty much it. Just about my whole bag thanks to DGR.

oh definitely comets, forgot about them.

Damn you 900 page comet thread for using peer pressure to get me to love you.

Champ Eagle-X
Champ Eagle-L (just bought one of these and haven't thrown it much)
Star Leopard (just bought this also, but haven't actually thrown it on the course yet)
Champ Firebird
Z Buzz

[edit] I've actually tried quite a few other discs because of DGR, but the above are the only ones in my bag right now

Frank Delicious said:

When are Comets going to be good enough to add to your teeny sig?

I feel spoiled. I'm really big into researching before I do ANYTHING and thats what I did. My first month I was using discs that were given to me. After a month I wanted to learn more and found DGR. Ever since then I bought discs based off of conversations on here. I've never bought a disc with out checking DGR first.

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:

*waves hand like a jedi*

It is already there.

Frank Delicious said:
discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:

*waves hand like a jedi*

It is already there.

So now what aren't Preds, Comets, and Wizards worthy of being capitalized like proper nouns? Are they less important than Forces, Solfs, Eagles, and Rocs?

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:

*waves hand like a jedi*

It is already there.

So now what aren't Preds, Comets, and Wizards worthy of being capitalized like proper nouns? Are they less important than Forces, Solfs, Eagles, and Rocs?

yes they are, they are second class citizens in my bag.

Tsunami's and Rogue's.....

b/c they dont get enough credit :)

I usually try every disc I can get my hands on outside of what I hear on this place but I can honestly give DGR credit for my Comets and my JLS's.

Wizard (yes i caved but i really only use it for Driving) Magnet, Predator and Comet

I found love for the TP Cyclone, Buzzz, Avenger, Valkyrie, XL, Orc, Challenger, Roc and Teebird on my own.

I do own a Stalker, a Striker, a Wasp, a Flash, a TL and a Surge because of this site.

EDIT: I forgot the Predator

Gave up my Hawk for a Buzzz due to DGR and will be buying some Stalkers with the gift certs I'll hopefully get for Christmas.

I also decided not to waste time/money trying to find good Wizards thanks to DGR.

Well, I can tell you what discs are not in my bag (at least for the time being) thanks to DGR: High speed premium plastic drivers.

I was all caught up in "the next best thing", and the belief that if it costs more, it must be better. After a lot of research here at DGR, I realized the value of seasoned baseline plastic, and throwing the right disc for me.

Latest posts