• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs are in your bag because of DGR?

Every single one except the Gator, Valkyries, and Destroyers. And even those choices were influenced to some degree by DGR.

SOLF
Predator
Eagle-X
Roc
Wizard

I think that I would've happened upon the Rocs and Wizards without DGR (both are popular around here), but I bet I would be throwing Firebirds instead of Predators, and God-knows-what-else for other stuff. Probably a lot of larger rimmed drivers.

Stalkers and dx Rocs. Wouldn't have bought either had they not been recommended to me here. Had never even heard of the Stalker before.

And I absolutely love the Stalkers now. The rim feels perfect in my hand, and the flight is so predictable. Always straight and some fade at the end, I can really trust them to do that every throw. In headwind just a bit of hyzer release and it still does the same. I'm very glad I found this one here, it is now my main driver.

The dx Rocs have been surprising too. I don't know if it's the shape of the disc or what, but when I was afraid of the dx plastic durability, these Rocs seem bombproof. The one I'm trying to break in has seen a lot of trees, and only one tree hit has left a mark on the rim. Rest of the wear is just some scratches on the bead. My dx Aviar looked much worse after one putting session than the Roc that I've been smashing to trees for 2 months. I did have some grip problems with the Rocs first, but then I switched to the "climo grip", and getting really good rips with them now.

And I've been itching to try a Wizard next...

I threw everything in my bag before I joined DGR. I read up some of the many and controversial reviews on some discs before I purchased some that are in my bag. But, mostly had researched them with a purpose in mind.

Teebird I tried, and DGR convinced me to put it back.
DGR sort of influenced my Dart love, indirectly.
The Esp Pred, been throwing FLX's
Magic, which is out of the bag now that I found my love for Darts.
My most recent purchase directly related to DGR, the NUKE. Yeah, I did it. Might make the bag.
I was heading in the right direction, then I found this site and it just enforced my belief I was playing with the right disc.

When I started reading DGR earlier this year, I already had quite a few staples in the bag. Mainly putters and distance drivers. However most of my midranges and fairways drivers are directly a consequence of DGR.

Eagle and Stalker. Z buzz (had FLX before), Meteor, Aftershock (if it sticks, else Wasp).

XXX, leopard, Gator on the other hand found me before DGR. And so did the wizard ;-)

The VP. Oh, and the Wizards. The Rocs and PD's too. Orcs before that (they were there before, but they got a leading role from here). Oh, and the 11+'s are gone. I might be trying Eagle-X's soon too.

While this is an interesting topic, maybe the real question should have been:

"What discs are in you closet because of DGR?" :p

Basically all of my discs at this point are in there because of DGR, almost nobody throws Wizards here, at least nobody did when I started throwing them. I knew of one other danish player that threw Wizards at that time.

Rocs I might have thrown, but might have gone with Wasps or Buzz too. Hard to know.

TP-cyclones are a DGR-exclusive. Used champ Leopards before and might have used still. Maybe I would have given a stalker a try, but not likely

I actually got DX Teebirds, because of DGR, but never really liked them. Would probably still have used Avengers as my go to drivers (instead of the OLF, and the OLF would never have made it, had it not been for DGR). The rest is hard to say, I would probably have thrown some sort of "fast" driver, and it very well could have been the Pro-Wraith.

Force would probably not have made it though if it hadnt been for DGR.

Might have thrown a firebird instead of the Pred

Basically my bag.
Without DGR I would be driving forehand around 300 with Bosses and Destroyers. I would also be putting with a shark.

Now I throw backhand with control disc...my fastest disc is a striker and can put it around 420 (390 consistently). I am getting better at putting. And love short tight holes

Pretty much my entire bag is a result of this website...I was lucky enough to find it pretty close to when I first started playing. I'd say the only disc that isn't a direct result of me reading a thread and saying to myself 'huh, if this many people like it, it must be good, I'll try it too' is the Wraith, and probably the Magic.

So for the record, discs in my bag because of this website:
Predator
Striker
Leopard
Comet
Challenger

so 5/7 molds in my bag. Probably soon to be 6/8 if I decide to try a core as a slightly more overstable compliment to the comet.

Wizuuuuuuuuurd duh.

I'm trying out a Z Comet currently but not too crazy about having to make a 50 foot comeback putt from my tee-shot every time I throw it. :lol:

XXX
Eagle - I'm currently only using one, a Star for hyzers and headwinds, but I wouldn't have even considered it for that slot without DGR
Roc - Tried Rocs a couple times in the past on my own but probably wouldn't have tried them yet again if it wasn't for being on here
Meteor, technically - I have it because of Discspeed, but I met him through DGR

The Rhyno I sort of have in the bag because of DGR; the feel of it and the flight characteristics probably would have appealed to me anyway but the positive reputation it has on here made the decision to try it easy.

DGR has influenced my mold mentality more than my mold selection. I will carry fewer molds but in multiple blends of plastic and multiple stages of wear. This is not how I bult my bag 3 years ago.

For instance, I carry a worn DX Leo, a beat Champ Leo, a new Champ Leo, and a newish Star Leo instead of 3 different molds for the same shot selection. I carried the Leopard before DGR but complimented it with a ZX2 and an Eagle.

JLS, Comet and Firebirds are in my bag thanks to DGR.

Voodoos ended up in my bag by chance, I got one as a prize at last years Ice Bowl and fell in love with it. They recently booted out the Wizards which have been in my bag since I started. And the Opto stuff is in my bag because of an impulse package buy from Marshall Street.

Firebirds.

For everything else, I either threw it before I found DGR, or find myself in the minority here. I find the quantity (even if diverse) of flight rating information here very useful, probably more so than actual recommendations...sometimes hearing what people don't like about a disc has helped me find the right discs for me.

I also owe my bag itself to DGR (my Chimp still looks brand spankin' new!)

So my basic bag is

Wizard
Roc
Cyclone
PD

I threw both Rocs and Wizards before coming to this board. I can't really say that I threw the PD BECAUSE of the board, since I saw the flight numbers on it and figured it was exactly what I was looking for. However, the Cyclone is totally Blake's fault, and I haven't looked back since.

Probably to be added to this list will be the XXX at some point. Now I just need DGR to make up their mind about the Nuke vs. Katana, and I'll be all set. :)

Pretty much, every disc in my bag has been a decision made by myself without dgr.

The only disc i've seen/read about before here was the groove, but that disc never made the bag. I guess I bought two echo star teebirds because of this site, but I would have anyway.

The following are in from testing either due to due forum hype or reading reviews:
Wizard, comet, roc, Teebird, R-pro Boss, Katana.

That's at least half my bag... so thanks guys!