• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs are in your bag because of DGR?

the only thing that for sure wouldnt be in is my leos. i have a friend that throws them but the way he throws them i didnt think they were that useful.

when i started posting on this site i threw cros and rocs but perfered cros cause the feel. now i perfer rocs because some dude at the disc park in corpus christi told me. if i traded them away i would want them back when i got better....now i know how cool this disc is. i always wondered why you guys hyped it up so much.

lets see. Striker, VP, force. those replaced other discs in my bag because of people on this site talking about them

I threw Comets back in the 90's, but they would not have gotten back in the back without marmoset and Skabob talking them up like they were the best thing since sliced bread.

I was pretty lucky and picked up this site soon after I decided to get more serious about my playing. While I am still a disc whore like dgdave, and I try out almost everything, DGR has influenced most of my choices. Some discs I've tried and disliked, but picked up again and liked. This has happened so many times, that now it's just inbred into me.

DGR has helped me realize exactly what use a disc would have for my game, which is more than just picking it up and throwing it.

It's tempting to say all the discs I throw were choices influenced by DGR. Some of them I may have gravitated toward anyway, like the Roc and Orc, since they are big around here. Same goes for the Wizard. Without a doubt, if not for DGR I wouldn't be throwing Eagles or Predators. Bradley Walker made it his personal mission to hype up the Star Eagles shortly after their release and eventually I couldn't resist the temptation to try one. Now it's my favorite driver.

I've only recently joined, but I've been lurking here for a while. From reading this board I swaped out the following discs:

Fusion Tanks for Wizards and Voodoos

Snipers for Buzzzs

Star Max for Firebirds

Champion Groove for Cash @ P.I.A.S. :mrgreen:

Buzzz and Stalker...

I was just outside giving my 175 blue Z Stalker some drives out of my yard (I live on a small hill) and was getting some major tosses for a "fairway" type driver.

Every disc in my bag and the bag itself is influenced by this site. This is my go to spot for equipment advise. In particular, Medium Wizards, DX Teebirds, and my GB Bag are all things I have never seen anyone use locally. It would be pretty easy to pick my bag out of a line up as the DGRer..

4219316367_8ecf2c95ff.jpg

Latest posts