• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What have you dropped on the hobby this past year?

How much money did you spend on disc golf in 2009?

• under $100

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • $100 - $250

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • $1000 - $2500

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • $2500 - $5000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over $5000

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
The answers will be all over the place depending on the player. Tournament players will probably spend a bit more. Being my first tournament year I spent a lot more compared to last year which was maybe around $200.

This year about $2K...two baskets, Revo Dual Pack, Practice Net, DVDs, Huk Umbrella, stool, shoes, clothes, too many discs, and about 20 tourneys. Its also hard to say since I won a lot plastic, and sold some discs, a basket, and hit an ace pot. Its still not nearly as bad as ball golf.

Next year shouldn't be nearly as high since I now have most everything I need to practice and compete, will mostly just be tourney fees and shoes.

Hmm. Now that I tally it up, I think I voted wrong. I forgot I had so many discs, or where they came from. I also forgot about building that basket. Also, this is slightly over a year, but since I've only been playing since July 08 I decided to count it. As long as I don't lose a ton of discs, my bag doesn't break, or I don't go pro and play a billion tournaments, next year should be much cheaper. Maybe I'll make that my New Year's resolution. =P

fade tourney - $50
small dga bag - $20
~40 discs - $360ish
pdga membership - $50
tournaments/leages - ~$60
basket stuff - ~$100
measuring wheel - $10
shipping on traded discs - ~$15
clothes/towels - ~$40
-----------------
total ~$705

I bought probably 10 discs average $10 each and a new Fade Crunch Box (Awesome!). So around 140 or so. Compared to other hobbies, not bad. Money definatel well spent!

$400.00 - Discs through Disc Golf Center
$125.00 - New Basket
$100.00 - PDGA/Club fees
$250.00 - Tournament Dues
$100.00 - Bag/Quads/Towels/Accessories
$100.00 - Misc Disc bought through DGCR or ebay

$1075.00 - Total (Pretty good estimate)

They say disc golf is a cheap hobby. It may be a comparatively cheap one, but I'm not so convinced.

I think the great thing about disc golf is that you can spend as little, or as much as you want. You could spend 50 bucks on a few discs and go throw some plastic around with some buddies, or you could spend an awful lot more.

I estimate I dropped in the $250-$500 range ... probably on the high end of that

I can't remember how many doubles rounds I "donated" to, but I'm not a PDGA member so I don't enter sanctioned tournaments. I figure I spent $300-400 on discs, so I'm guesstimating the $250-500 range, though could easily have spent over $500. Plan is to not buy (or lose) so many discs next year. Looking back I've recorded 10 lost discs this year on my profile, which alone adds up to well over $100 down the hole.

Way too much, dual pack, discs, shoes, clothes to keep warm, Hell I bought 250 dollars worth of Katanas just cause I think they my be worth something later, If not I will have a lifetimes supply of Katanas to go with my lifetime supply of Rocs,Teebirds,TL's Valkyries, Leopards, and KC aviars I have already bought.

My new years resolution is going to be to not buy any discs.

Way too much, dual pack, discs, shoes, clothes to keep warm, Hell I bought 250 dollars worth of Katanas just cause I think they my be worth something later, If not I will have a lifetimes supply of Katanas to go with my lifetime supply of Rocs,Teebirds,TL's Valkyries, Leopards, and KC aviars I have already bought.

:thmbdown:i wish you good luck but dont think you will succeed:\

-I just checked Disc Golf Center, and I have spent $416.00 there alone!
-7 tournaments
-Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
-Gorilla Boy Kong
-Revo Dual Pack Lite
-PDGA Membership
-DDGA Membership
-Flying Disc Magazine(still waiting on the second issue LOL)
-Practice Basket
-Goretex shoes
-camp stool

HOLY CRAP! Who started this thread? Good news, $80.00 more and I get the 8% discount at Disc Golf Center.

I haven't bought too many discs in a while, since I stocked up plenty a couple years ago and don't play as much as I'd like. However, I drop about $500 a year to travel to Austin, TX and play with some buddies over Spring Break time.

Generally speaking it is a rather cheap hobby though, if you went nuts with ball golf equipment you could blow like 20,000$ on stuff where disc golf is cheaper.

I've spent $5.00 on ball golf. I bought 2 clubs in a garage sale and we have somewhere around 300 golf balls that I have picked up at our disc golf course (our course is right next to a ball golf course, 3 of our holes run next to a tough par 5 across the fence so we get a lot of balls found on our course and parking lot). My wife's brother donated a 5 Iron to the cause, and the kids have a couple of kid size clubs.

I've never paid greens fees to play, never played a regulation course either. The boys and I just like hitting balls in our backyard. It's a pretty cool feeling when you get good contact on one and it goes where you want it to go.

:thmbdown:i wish you good luck but dont think you will succeed:\

I'd have to agree...plus new years resolutions aren't even worth making. Your average person gives up within a month or so(tops), few actually follow through with them. Unless it's something as easy as I'm going to disc golf as much as I possibly can. :D

LOL. Not buy any discs? What kind of crazyness is this?:\

Just be happy you're not addicted to stargazing or something. Those guys spend serious cash.

49 dollars on tournament fees (got 75 merch $'s back though, could have had a LOT more if an ace had stuck or if I had entered CTP a few weeks...)
15 on xcaliber. Other than that, 0. So 64 dollars total.