• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was your first disc(s)? Don't be shy, give details.

Cyclone, DX Shark, and DX Avair.

All great discs. After about 6 months I replaced them all (cuz I lost them of course) with a Sidewinder, Xpress, Spider, and Challenger.

i was gifted a champ wraith

then found/bought some dx wraiths

then bought a dx spider for approach/putts because it hits and sticks and then a dx shark (i still have both of these) because i could get good enough distance with it and have it stay on the fairway

Tye dye Z Cyclone and a glow tye dye Elite Pro MRX. Sophomore year of high school, purchased from the Basecamp in Billings, MT. Needed discs with an 18 Hole course right out the back fence of our school. Lost the Cyclone on one of my early trips to Diamond X as it was a mostly clear dye. Still have the MRX in my "keepsake" disc box.

175 gm Aviar P&A and 175 gm DX Shark.

I chose to putt with the Aviar, but threw the Shark for every shot because I couldn't throw the Aviar as far.

Now, I would rather throw putters on lots of shots; not much desire to throw midranges.

My first 2 were a Ridge and Ibex, they're still around my yard somewhere. After that I ended up with an Aviar, Shark, Scout and Valk.

Eraser Wizard. DX Roc3. and DX Orc. The wizard is the disc that got me hooked on the sport because I threw it in from 100'+ on like my 4th round ever. the DX Roc3 is now beat in nicely but I pulled Rocs in favor of Buzzes. and that DX Orc flew for a mile when I could finally throw drivers semi-well, but it's now sitting at the bottom of a river after it turned and burned into a headwind.

Aviar, Roc, Shark, Leopard, Valkyrie. Bought them together at the Big 5 closest to where I lived at the time.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_212958_988-1.jpg
    IMG_20180905_212958_988-1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 96
an XD, Coyote, and Cobra all in DX. I gave the XD and Coyote to a friend of mine and the Cobra was borrowed by a coworker that lost it in a pond at a course he was at with his family. My coworker did buy a replacement Cobra which I ended up getting my first ace with so that worked out I guess.

Champion Beast. Because you know, it's good for beginners. :|
KC Aviar. At least I got one right.

Edit: SaRoCam, that's an awesome first 5.

Buzzz

Didn't know at the time I bought in my opinion the best disc ever made first run buzzz. Then I thought I got pretty good and decided I need a boss. Still have the buzzz couldn't tell you what happened to the boss

My brother-in-law who had been a regular player way back when took me to Hazy Shade. He picked out a KC Aviar, a Stratus, and a DX Cheetah for me to use.

a blue Vulcan . Found it walking around the park last January. Started throwing it. Hey how was I supposed to know that you weren't suppose to putt wth 13 speed disks?

The first disc I ever bought was a steady ed midrange at the gift shop at Woodland Mound. It got impaled on a Honey Locust the first round I played with it...:|

I picked up a starter set - Aviar, Shark, Leopard.

Met a random guy at hole 1 who was friendly enough. Asked what discs I picked up, told him. He said that was typical of Big 5, they will screw you. That the Leopard is terrible for a beginner, that it was designed for left handed players.

Showed me his trunk collection (that's right) and offered to trade me for some more appropriate discs. That day, I traded my 150g DX Leopard and my 165g DX Aviar for a DX Cobra in the 130s and a DX Dragon. That's right, this guy recommended a cobra and dragon over a leopard and aviar - said I could putt with the shark.

Starter set here as well. couple day later decided that a speed 6 leopard couldn't possibly fly as far as a speed 13 Vulcan......everyone here knows the rest of this story.

I think it was a dx archangel...I did everything with that disc... Now, I'd only throw one for nostalgia.

My cousin wanted to get me into Disc Golf so he bought me a Wraith, Roc, and a aviar p&a. Never could throw the wraith very well so I gave it away. Loved the champ roc and threw it for years until I lost it in a fast running crick:\ Still have the champ aviar but don't use it much.

SaRoCam, that's an awesome first 5.

Thanks. Was lucky to find those, especially the Roc. They had discs individually bagged, hanging on hooks. I'm pretty sure that was the only Roc. I actually went back and got a DX Wraith and Beast also.

Threw those for about a year, then I discovered there are actual disc golf stores. Still thankful for the selection at that store though.