• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the most understable disc you regularly use?

youve had to put in hella work.

i throw mine over 300 and wow it wont break in. its been in my sack for over 3 years.

Yep I throw it at least twice every round at my home course, the meteor is one of my favorite discs of all time. Perfect for in the woods. It started out only slightly understable but it is very, very worn. The fairly new one in my bag flies the same as my worn one when it was new, and it bombs. A fresh z meteor is easy to throw very far on an open shot full force, over 400 for me flat ground no wind. Simon could probably figure out how to get one 700 in a 20mph tailwind considering how well he throws mids, putters, and minis. When they start wearing in though it becomes trickier lol.

ESP Meteor, from the ace race is the only regularly used. I also have Z Xpress, Star Sidewinder in the bag, but don't see as much use.

Test Run Fuse, crazy understable. Great for low line hyzer flips.

Beat to crap wizard, I'm it's second owner and it was beat when I bought a stack of wizards from friend now it's just trashed lol. Don't throw it often but it's there when I need some of those crazy lines it'll pull off.

Either Fuzion Witness, man that thing dumps, or Gstar Mamba. They're both very US, if I were to pick one Id actually say the Witness is the most US, or maybe just seems that way because it's slower. But even on a big Hyzer it can turn over and dump.

nicely worked flat GL River, dude is tricky but awesome.
old chains aviar, seasoned to greatness so it will hold an anny line with almost zero power behind it.

Hmmm, this is tough. I guess for a driver that I use often it is a 167 jk champ Valkyrie that has some use on it. Then fairway would be my old as heck Barry leopard, then mid would be my champ panther. I use all of these discs on the regular.

I have a pretty beat Dx Roc, besides that probably my Mongoose. Both get fairly regular usage every round.

Avenger SS for longer L-R shots
Pro Leopard for short fairway
Claymore for mids...the Trilogy open one made from recycled plastic in "lose me green" color. Such a beautiful US mid though, I try and keep a good eye on it when I throw it

I have a Tangent, but my beat-up old GL Saint may be just as understable. It used to go straight as an arrow when it was brand new, but as I've powered up over the years and the disc has broken in, its flight has changed dramatically. Now it will reliably turn right, and, if I throw it anhyzer, it will hold that line pretty much into the ground.

Underworld. That disc changed my game. For someone who has trouble throwing forehand I need this guy to finish right. I've also discovered the beauty of the backhand roller with this guy

First would be my worn in special edition gummy leo-pard. Next is a Star sidewinder that's seasoned in so beautifully.

Latest posts