• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Costomer service from Dave Henrickson @ Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just recently dealt with a major company. I had columbia winter boots that had a defect that made the rubber waterproof on the sides of my boots rip. had the boots 8 years and contacted columbia. they said email pics and i did. recieved new boots within a week.

needless to say i now buy alot of columbia gear

if i paid xtra for a certain color bag and it looked like **** after 6 months i would be pisssed. the op prolly got caught off guard by daves response and responded emotionally. dave should have handled that better,im sure he has dealt with worse and thats all part of running a buisness

bottom line! dave should have asked for pics and seen if it was a real quality issue and then went from there. horrible customer service

thank goodness i got a phenix

How would Dave take a look at a picture of a bag and determine there is a quality issue? He will not know if the complainer is lying to him about how it faded. The only real way that Dave would know if there was a quality issue is if he received a rash of complaints about the same thing. Personally, his response could have been a little better but at the same time I can understand where he is coming from and its quite possible that this issue isn't a quality issue at all. I know a local guy that has the atomic orange dual pack and his hasn't faded since he got it.

I have a purple one from Christmas, and it is fine so far. A friend of mine has the orange one, and it looks like it was washed in bleach. I mean it looks BAD. Not sure how long he has had it, but I think less than 1 year. It appears it could be a bad batch?

I think it's pretty clear that the "half-life" on the Atomic Orange is a few months. There have been a handful of people that have said theirs faded quickly

My only problem with the way Dave handles his business is the invoices. Why can't I track my package? It'd probably save him time in the long run by not having to respond to emails asking when he shipped it. I ordered my second bag (revo dlx mini) from him on Tuesday and hope it gets here today cuz I sold my Carolina to help fund a mahal in April and am currently bagless.

Last edited:
I don't think they're bad....and i think atomic orange is 'hiss-toe-ree' so buy away

My two cents here;
Fading color, really? I could care less about color. The bag is a tool, thats it. I have a Lightning bag I got in '97, color is fine but the stitching is finally starting to pop. Thats what I expect after years of use/abuse. The last thing I worry about is color or fade. I wouldnt care if the sucker was pink with rainbows if it was the best bag for me!

The man asked what you wanted him to do, you shoulda just told him. You put him on the defense from the get-go.

The fade doesn't look that bad but customer service will make or break a company. People dont talk about good customer service as they do bad customer service. Ive been in retail for a long time and the most important thing is REPEAT customers. This thread is a death sentence to this guy. A previous poster was right, They should of asked what they could do to make the customer happy, Be it a % off next order or say they would contact the manufacturer to see if they cover any warranty or have had any other complaints about the fading. Ive had a Innova comp bag for about a year and couldnt be happier with it. I say go with the biggest company, They will usually remedy the problem asap.

We have talked about good customer service multiple times on this forum...just within the last couple months. Just sayin

I saw a guy use a hard briefcase for a "Bag" Freekin hilarious, Every time he opened it it looked like he was going to give a presentation.

I did not know these bags go for $125. For that, this guy is absolutely right, He should be kissin this guys ass for buyin this thing.

Nikon00001296.jpg

60?
I count 42 :D
My two cents here;
Fading color, really? I could care less about color. The bag is a tool, thats it. I have a Lightning bag I got in '97, color is fine but the stitching is finally starting to pop. Thats what I expect after years of use/abuse. The last thing I worry about is color or fade. I wouldnt care if the sucker was pink with rainbows if it was the best bag for me!

The man asked what you wanted him to do, you shoulda just told him. You put him on the defense from the get-go.

I have a Lightning bag I bought 2 years ago. The zippers are all busted and I can see daylight through the bottom of the bag. The dividers lasted all of a month. I babied it and it barely lasted a year.

I kind of agree with the OP. If you buy a car and the paint fades in the first year wouldn't you expect the dealership to do something about it? When you spend money on a quality product you expect that if the product does not live up to expectations then the company will do something about it. If he is the only person to have this issue then I guess he is SOL. If other people have the same problem with the same dye, then its a manufacturing issue. You wouldn't expect a bag company to dye their fabrics with colors that may run in the rain, the same way that you wouldn't expect them to dye their fabrics with colors that fade quickly.

nutsack006.jpg

I know its cheesy but its mine and the Nut Sack was to pricey. I cut and stitched an old recycle shopping bag and added a patch or two. And every one has the single strap they get with there bag.

Last edited:
We have a guy who does the same thing and it is awesome seeing him carry around a blue suitcase at tournaments.

Koffee

I saw a guy use a hard briefcase for a "Bag" Freekin hilarious, Every time he opened it it looked like he was going to give a presentation.

If I buy something cheap, then I don't expect high quality. If I buy a high dollar primo bag, then I expect it to perform/look great for a long time. I liked the paint analogy to describe this issue. I had some quads break after a couple of months use. If I had gotten a similiar response to this bag situation, I would have been PO'ed. Phenix asked for a pic and replaced them ASAP. That is service Mr Hendrickson. FYI, my Innova bag looks like new after 2 years of use :clap:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts