• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Costomer service from Dave Henrickson @ Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I count 42 :D

I have a Lightning bag I bought 2 years ago. The zippers are all busted and I can see daylight through the bottom of the bag. The dividers lasted all of a month. I babied it and it barely lasted a year.

i knew that was coming...i didn't want to triple thread crap but here goes the bling rocs.
Nikon00001294.jpg

I had some quads break after a couple of months use. If I had gotten a similiar response to this bag situation, I would have been PO'ed. Phenix asked for a pic and replaced them ASAP. .

A problem in functionality and the quality of the product is much different than the color fading. Just saying.

My 2 cents...

I purchased a revo dual pack in '09. I have not experienced any color fading issues with mine. Even if I did, it would fall under the normal wear and tear category from my POV.

Now, if some stitching failed or a zipper started to fall apart, then I would go back to Revo and make an attempt to get it replaced or something if the original warranty terms allowed for it. These types of issues have a direct effect on the functional use of the bag.

IMHO, the money I spent was for a bag that is comfortable to carry discs and other stuff while playing disc golf. Sure Dave's response was short, but it was also straight to the point. The OP did not mention anything about not being able to use the bag for it's intended purpose in his message.

As a manager for a company that provides customer service, I think Revo/Dave should have just given the OP some more details in regards to why some colors fade faster than others....maybe even an offer for a free sticker, hat, or other shwag as a peace offering.

I think it's pretty clear that the "half-life" on the Atomic Orange is a few months. There have been a handful of people that have said theirs faded quickly

Seems like a reasonable customer service move would be to reimburse folks for whatever the cost of the premium color is vs normal colors for these bags. Or a gift cert or something.

Seems like a reasonable customer service move would be to reimburse folks for whatever the cost of the premium color is vs normal colors for these bags. Or a gift cert or something.

For god sakes the difference in price was $10. if the bag is still in working order outside of some fading thats just crazy. If you wanted the bag to look like it did the day you got it my recommendation would be to hang in on your wall and don't take it to the course.

I got a bag from them about 3 years ago and I still get asked from people all the time if my bag is new. I have the gray and red one and honestly it does still like brand new somehow. I have never washed it, I never use a stool for it to sit on, I don't set it down nice, but it still looks awesome. I still won't ever buy another one though ever. It pisses me off that he won't make changes to his bags despite people complaining about the same things all the time. Is it that hard to put some sort of mesh in the cup holders? I also don't see the need for 2 big pockets. Put some smaller pockets in at least one of them. My biggest complain is about the roll cage though. Mine cracked and broke within a week of getting my bag (it is still in there, it holds the shape of the bag still at least) and I emailed him and he said he would send me a new one and it has been three years and I am still waiting for it. I tried to email him a couple weeks after he said he would send me one and never got a response. I really want my bag to break so I can get a Gorilla Boy and I still regret not getting one ever since I got my carolina.

I got a bag from them about 3 years ago and I still get asked from people all the time if my bag is new. I have the gray and red one and honestly it does still like brand new somehow. I have never washed it, I never use a stool for it to sit on, I don't set it down nice, but it still looks awesome. I still won't ever buy another one though ever. It pisses me off that he won't make changes to his bags despite people complaining about the same things all the time. Is it that hard to put some sort of mesh in the cup holders? I also don't see the need for 2 big pockets. Put some smaller pockets in at least one of them. My biggest complain is about the roll cage though. Mine cracked and broke within a week of getting my bag (it is still in there, it holds the shape of the bag still at least) and I emailed him and he said he would send me a new one and it has been three years and I am still waiting for it. I tried to email him a couple weeks after he said he would send me one and never got a response. I really want my bag to break so I can get a Gorilla Boy and I still regret not getting one ever since I got my carolina.
Don't waste your money on the Gorilla Boys bag. I have/had a Kong bag, asidee from the quality material used (Cordua). It is poorly constructed. The Zippers are way to small of a gauge for the bag. The frame is a total joke. It looks like it was an after thought, but I would say it's a much better designed bag than the Revo product.
So far the best bag I've owned (until I get my Grip bag) is the Latitude 64 Pro bag. It's not perfect, but it works for me.

Don't waste your money on the Gorilla Boys bag. I have/had a Kong bag, asidee from the quality material used (Cordua). It is poorly constructed. The Zippers are way to small of a gauge for the bag. The frame is a total joke. It looks like it was an after thought, but I would say it's a much better designed bag than the Revo product.
So far the best bag I've owned (until I get my Grip bag) is the Latitude 64 Pro bag. It's not perfect, but it works for me.

I have never noticed any issues with GB kong construction (zippers, etc) just sayin'. I will agree that the frame isn't the best thing ever...but it works and I haven't any problems with it.

Seriously? You would rank the Lat pro bag above a Gorilla Boy? Have you seen any of the dozen threads bitching about stitching falling apart on the Pro bag, the large shoulder strap breaking, etc...? I'm as big a Latitude fan-boy as the next guy but even I can't defend the workmanship on their bags. It was a good idea poorly executed.

So far the best bag I've owned (until I get my [G]rip bag) is the Latitude 64 Pro bag. It's not perfect, but it works for me.

FIXED! :D

I am sure there are tons of people out there that have horror stories about Gorilla Boy bags as well.

He lives like 2 hours away so I always felt bad for not supporting the local guy. I am curious to hear how the grip bags last and if the smaller one actually ever comes out that might be my real choice but part of me will always want to get the GB just because he is local.

Theres a guy down here that has one of those and every disc in his bag is orange too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts