• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
I voted for the Sinus. No matter how you say it's supposed to be pronounced it always makes think of mucus, headaches and infections.

As mentioned earlier, I agree that the series of Discraft names related to domestic violence are unfortunate: Stalker, Predator, Force, Crush.

Then there's the DGA names that are ways you can die in the water: Squall, Hurricane, Undertow, Torrent, Tsunami, Aftershock, Shockwave, Reef, Breaker, Titanic. I'm waiting for the Drown to come out next.

The Felon. A company putting themselves(and their customers) in association with that word is just dumb IMO. Even if they're all Criminal Justice related.

I agree with this. Don't like the name at all. I even suggested the name Assailant on the trilogy fan page on fb (before I left it) when there was talk about a Firebird comparison disc. But I had numerous people say DD wouldn't make a disc with 9 characters in the name. I was like "whatever." But then my lovely girlfriend pointed out to me that "prototype" and "first run" (with the space) both have 9 characters. So again, I said "whatever."

Discmania's are the worst.. but luckily they have two. I don't know of anyone who uses the names over the acronyms. The PD/"Freak" being an good example. Innova is a bit heavy handed on the pandering(the Dominator), but I do like the animals that they name some of their discs after, however arbitrary they may seem. I mean the Fox bat? the Wombat? They've been reaching for awhile now.

Wahoo, unLace, View, FoxBat, Ace, The Owl, PinDRAGON, Whale, Grabboid, and basically any singular word that is three syllables or more.

However, I do not seem to have the same issue as others with disc names that describes what it does: D1, 10m Brick, #2 Putter, etc. Some of them may be bad discs, but I am not thrown off by the name. I know discs that simply call themselves by what they do is not flashy, such as a Ford Mustang versus a Ford 36mpg, but it would take a lot of great features, an awesome price, and me scraping the emblem off of a Ford Wahoo in order for me to buy it. Even then I would just say that I drive just a Ford (or insert car company of your choice). To me a Foxbat sounds like a 1970s boxy fuel economy car that was sold only in East Germany.

I should have included Wahoo, glazed over that one. I'm not surprised to see 420 get the most votes, I knew the hate was pretty high on that. But I'm with Declarkus, why all the vitriol over that name and not the other drug references, on purpose or not?

And how is Virus not ahead of Sinus, I admit Sinus sucks too but I would not buy a disc called the Virus. It's worse then Crave and I thought that was bad.

The WAHOO is one badass sportfish. And fits with Innova's fish theme; Stingray, Barracuda, Mako, and Shark. Whale however is horrible. Narwhal or Orca wouldn't be bad, but Whale sucks.

Sinus is absolutely terrible. Seenus my old hairy a$$. It's "S-eye-nus." A shot related name!? Really!?

And I love the MJ references. I ALWAYS play with a Buzzz, and even if they don't throw one easily 90 of the players I know play with a buzz or at least accept it. Hell the overwhelming majority of Americans are pro weed.

But in the end I voted Virus. :gross: What's next? Infection? Diabetes? Bacteria? Cancer???

Last edited:
Did a bit of thinking, and Discmania has the worst naming theme in disc golf. All of their names seem to pertain to mental illness. Psycho, Maniac, Hysteria, Craze, Fiend, Frenzy, Freak, etc. Just waiting for them to release the P4 Mongoloid or PD3 Retard...

Did a bit of thinking, and Discmania has the worst naming theme in disc golf. All of their names seem to pertain to mental illness. Psycho, Maniac, Hysteria, Craze, Fiend, Frenzy, Freak, etc. Just waiting for them to release the P4 Mongoloid or PD3 Retard...

Forgot about them. Those are definitely terrible names for a disc. I always prefer calling them by their other names...

Never paid attention to that since I always see them by the letter names.

Yuck.

All those mental illness themed discs, then all of a sudden, jackal and gremlin... Roflmao. Also, the td rush has a chimp for a stamp... Seriously WTF Discmania?!?!?

Innova and Discmania could merge their bird/mental instability themes by releasing the Loon, Cuckoo, and Dodo.

Latest posts