• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
Opposite view here. Terns in my mind are badass birds.

Never knew them as birds. It just seemed to me like they misspelled "turn" because it turns. Just seemed lame at the time...but I got over it. If I would have thought of it as a bird I wouldn't have cared.

Something tells me a company will not put out a putter called the Tantrum.

"What did you throw right there?"
"A Tantrum."
(Other player sighs deeply as you miss the ten footer and throw a real tantrum.)

Other choice would be a Hissyfit.

I would enjoy throwing a Tantrum if other pros would throw it. Or put up with it.

Joking no doubt!

I hear the guys at Axiom really like AIDs, Cancer, Diabetes and Disease also for the speed 12 high speed drivers. AIDs will be the most stable while the Disease will be the least. :confused:
Jeez dude you must be the life of the party!

Virus is a cool name because it's unexpected and something people don't want. And to quote George Carlin, you are all diseased ;). Get down with the sickness of disc golf!

But how is Virus any different from something like Nuke or Destroyer? They all can kill you. Virus just instills a sense of illness... I love it.

Procrastinating at work, I researched "Sinus" and apparently it is latin with two potential meanings:

sinus: curve, fold, bend /pocket, lap /bay, gulf.
sinus: inner feeling, secret heart.

So those sound right, it is overstable and will bend, and maybe it gives you an "inner feeling" if you are into that kind of thing ;)

The disc has a latin phrase on it:

"is mos non sinus obvious ventus"

I used google to translate it from the latin and I got:

"it will not allow the obvious favorite"

but there are variations, particularly "ventus" could mean wind, and sinus turn, so I think it really means something like:

"it will not turn in heavy wind"

Good use of an overstable driver.

The latin phrase on the Sinus is supposed to mean "I will not allow access to the wind." But if you speak latin it is gibberish nonsense.

The latin phrase on the Sinus is supposed to mean "I will not allow access to the wind." But if you speak latin it is gibberish nonsense.

Cool, well at least we have an idea what Lat64 was getting at with that name.

Still makes me think of sniffling and spitting loogies. Something I tend to do a lot on the DG course, but not something that makes me want to buy the disk :doh: I'll stick with my Zone for now :)

:wall:

No, no, no... A wahoo is a badass sportfish. Bigger than a mahi May I, but not as big as a white marlin. And since it floats it's a pretty good name. Stingrays, Shark, Mako, and WAHOO!

I should have figured, Innova would (almost) never stray from an animal name for a disc.

That said, I think of 2 things when I hear Wahoo.

iconic_ChiefWahoo.jpg

and

scale.php

Latest posts