• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst person to be stuck playing a round with:

Worst Person to be stuck playing a round with:

• Mr Disc Golf

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • Mr Pre-Putt

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Mr Weed

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Mr Meltdown

Votes: 45 27.3%
  • Mr Chatterbox

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Mr Rude

Votes: 50 30.3%

• Total voters
i really havent run into a few of the possible "Mr's"

voted for Mr Disc Golf - i'm picturing a know it all guy who must also be Mr Chatterbox otherwise you wouldnt know he was Mr Disc Golf and they probably can't take a joke either. Since i play casually i can do without being instructed / told bs stories of how good they are.

don't mind Mr Putt or MrWeed

i'm mr Swear if i screw a shot up or dink a putt off metal - many people i play with do. But since its casual its not melting down.

i'd actually like to see Mr meltdown during a casual round - that actually would be hysterical

ive never seen mr Rude

Mr Suck and won't try to get better is sort of annoying tho.

i really havent run into a few of the possible "Mr's"

voted for Mr Disc Golf - i'm picturing a know it all guy who must also be Mr Chatterbox otherwise you wouldnt know he was Mr Disc Golf and they probably can't take a joke either. Since i play casually i can do without being instructed / told bs stories of how good they are.

don't mind Mr Putt or MrWeed

i'm mr Swear if i screw a shot up or dink a putt off metal - many people i play with do. But since its casual its not melting down.

i'd actually like to see Mr meltdown during a casual round - that actually would be hysterical

ive never seen mr Rude

Mr Suck and won't try to get better is sort of annoying tho.

thats kinda funny because i run every single one of these people anytime I play with a group of any size.

Mr Suck and won't try to get better seems to go inside for the summer months around here but is really annoying none the less.these are the people that complain about all discs being a scam,because they all do the same thing

thats kinda funny because i run every single one of these people anytime I play with a group of any size.

Mr Suck and won't try to get better seems to go inside for the summer months around here but is really annoying none the less.these are the people that complain about all discs being a scam,because they all do the same thing

the reason i haven't run into some types is because the courses here never seem to be packed whenever i play and i've never had to play with others - DG doesnt seem to be as popular here as it is elsewhere

i'm sure i'll run into some Gems for sure in time - but thus far most people i run into on the course have been super nice.

i just have friends that don't ever practice and never get better

How about this for a nightmare foursome? Mr Meltdown, Mr Rude and Mr Disc Golf?

*shivers*

How about 3 different Mr. Disc Golfs, and all 3 have different styles of play.

...Second, you keep saying how you are not judging people but every post I read from you on the subject you are making some form of criticism. "illegal" avtivities, mind altering, disc golf is my drug...blah blah blah. The point is.....just because you see someone smoking pot, it does not meen they are any less passionate about the game then you.

Hmmmmm, illegal activities, mind altering, DG is my drug...these don't sound like criticisms to me, more like statements of fact. Last I checked, pot IS illegal, DOES alter your mind, and if he says DG is his drug, I think we have to take his word for it. And I don't remember reading anyone say blazers were less passionate about DG. I personally don't care what you do to your body, and I play with smokers a lot, but if I were to be hauled in because I was around them, I'd be a little pissed. And if a course were to be pulled because the wife of a parks commissioner was there with her kids and saw it happening, well, let's not even go there.

what about "Mr. Cell Phone"? I cant stand it when you are in the middle of a round and someone gets a call and talks for like 20 minutes. All the while you are standing around waiting for them to tee off and they wont put the ****ing phone down for 2 seconds so they can drive. I hate cell phones on the disc golf course!!!!

^oh I know. My buddies and me now have a standing rule of turning off the phones and putting them away before we start. Not only is it rude to the others while they wait on your gabby ass but I think it ruins the illusion of being away from it all.

Mr. weed for me. Because every mr. weed i have played with is also mr. throw huge hyzers on every shot, and have every high speed, overstable driver known to man.

I chose Mr. Talkative because he usually doesn't get along very well with all the voices in my head. I play with Mr. Pre-Putt once in a while and I think he's a hoot. If I'm in a hurry I don't play with him though.

This seems like one of many threads right now that speaks volumes about treating other dg players and park goers with respect. I know I torque people off now and then but really I'm trying not to be more than two of those guys at a time :p

Unfortunately I think I unleashed a Mr. Rude on the sport this year. He doesn't think it's a big deal if you're taking your first step of your run-up and he decides to toss his putter right next to the tee box. He thinks if it doesn't bother him it shouldn't bother you? wtf?

Unfortunately I think I unleashed a Mr. Rude on the sport this year. He doesn't think it's a big deal if you're taking your first step of your run-up and he decides to toss his putter right next to the tee box. He thinks if it doesn't bother him it shouldn't bother you? wtf?

That's nothing a "grip lock" straight into his head won't fix :)

Sounds like a couple courtesy strokes until he learns might do him some good. In the long run, it'll save him having to learn that lesson in a tourney from someone who might not be too patient about it.

I chose Mr. Rude. There's a few guys I play with that make noises right when you're about to putt just to mess you up and then pretends like it's just a joke, don't take it so seriously. Also, I was teeing off once, and he threw his disc in the air right where my hand was going to go, so I stopped my throwing motion and almost tore my shoulder out. He was just laughing so hard cause my drive sucked and when I said dude what are you doing he said can't you take a joke? I'm just messing around. Almost punched him in the face.
Then again there's always a few Mr. Disc Golfs that I play with during leagues. They always ask why I only have two discs and don't use anything else and that I should have a bag and more discs. Two discs work for me, and some of the time I beat their scores.

I voted Mr. Rude but Mr. Disc Golf is right up there as well. And its always the guy that's trying to correct my form even though I'm beating him by 10 strokes.

Mr Weed

i voted for mr weed, because, it gives people a bad impression of disc golfers, it bothers us non smokers, and i dont see a point in doing it.

as a 2nd i would have said mr disc golf cuz that would get old fast.

I voted Mr. Rude but Mr. Disc Golf is right up there as well. And its always the guy that's trying to correct my form even though I'm beating him by 10 strokes.

That is the height of arrogance. If you are losing don't try to "help" the other player. He is obviously a little better than you are on that given day. Just take your lumps and try to learn something.

That is the height of arrogance. If you are losing don't try to "help" the other player. He is obviously a little better than you are on that given day. Just take your lumps and try to learn something.

That is very funny. I have seen that happen.

Mr Rude and Mr. Meltdown and pretty bad, but Mr. Disc Golf gets my vote. Mr. Dics Golf is at most of the tournaments I play in and is bagging in my division so I get to see him a lot :(

Last tournament he won advanced and would have taken 2nd in open had he moved up. The one before that, he blew away the advanced field, winning by 10 strokes.

Bagging is pretty bad, but of course the worst part is he's Mr. Disc Golf and can't wait to talk to everyone about his game!

We've got a guy like that too. Different guy than the one I posted about above. He's a rec player and sometimes offers advice to one of our 990 rated pros :rolleyes:

I think of them all Mr Meltdown would be the worst to deal with on the course. All the others I can see being manageable by honestly telling them what bothers you.

Mr Weed could just be 'forgotten' on hole 6 while he's looking at the pretty flowers. LOL

Thankfully my core group of fellow disc golfers dont suffer from any of these things in excess. :) Wonder what they'd say about me??