• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Masters Cup presented by Innova Disc Golf

Just finished watching the front 9 of the final round....holy **** was Koling putting like a madman or what? He's never been a bad putter by any means, but he made some crazy putts. 3 in particular (and Ricky makes a gnarly one from out of the woods)

But Paul's Eagle "putt" from like 90 feet out is insane. Avery's commentary is probably the best its ever been here as well. It is entirely possible he has kept an eye on this thread for improvements.

I think Ricky uses a Delta cart, not a Zuca. He often switches back and forth between the cart and the bag. Maybe he flew in for this event, and didn't want to pay a baggage fee for it, since two rounds were at a course you couldn't really use it at.

Last edited:
Nice, thanks for posting. That first video really shows how much of an entitled baby I was being, just crying until I got my way...🙄😂

Dont let it get to you. You are one of the cost popular disc golfers in the world, as well as one of the bet players, who cares what someone on the internet says? Do they have their own extremely popular signature disc? Heck no.

By the way, if you contact the admins of this site they can get your account verified and get you a fancy little title under your name if that interests you. Would be very cool to have your own thread where you answer questions from time to time like MJ does. Thanks for taking the time to come to the site...its always cool to interact with the top pros!

Nice, thanks for posting. That first video really shows how much of an entitled baby I was being, just crying until I got my way...🙄😂

No problem Nate, glad SpinTV posted the vids to show what really happened. I'm guessing the poster was given 2nd hand info about the situation and wasn't actually there during the conversation and, for whatever reason, decided to post it here. Hopefully he learns a lesson about posting 2nd hand info as fact.

"Entitled crybaby"? Polite discussion is all I heard and saw from you, Nate (and Paul). If only everyone acted like such an entitled crybaby! I watched the recent "Champs vs Chumps" coverage and said to myself over and over, "What a nice guy Sexton is" (not to mention witty and clever).

First, great coverage at DeLa. All parties did a wonderful job. But, something that was said earlier in the thread kinda stuck with me and made me think about a few things. I wrote off all the comments earlier about not having McBeth's 15 down covered, I chuckled and said the same thing that everyone else did, "You don't know he is going to shoot that!" But then I watched the coverage and something hit me... they have 3 cameras on 1 card. "Throw", "Catch" & "Reaction". This is the same setup that Jomez has used all year as well.

I will bring this up on the podcast tonight as well, but are we at the point in our sport where we feel justified sacrificing quantity for quality? The 3rd person could have given some decent coverage to another card. From what I could tell, the 3rd camera was used for replays & slowmo in between holes where the scorecard was shown. How much quality would have been sacrificed on the primary coverage card had that 3rd camera been assigned to cover an additional group? Would we rather see 1 card with really good coverage and 1 card with decent coverage OR 1 card with fantastic coverage that we got?

I honestly don't know that there is a correct answer to this. My personal opinion would be to see more coverage of groups. I can understand the 3 camera format when there are already multiple teams covering an event like we have seen at some of the other events.

The coverage that we got was top notch by all aspects. And I look forward to watching the FPO at some point (no hurry!) as well.

TL;DR: Quantity vs Quality? Thoughts?

First, great coverage at DeLa. All parties did a wonderful job. But, something that was said earlier in the thread kinda stuck with me and made me think about a few things. I wrote off all the comments earlier about not having McBeth's 15 down covered, I chuckled and said the same thing that everyone else did, "You don't know he is going to shoot that!" But then I watched the coverage and something hit me... they have 3 cameras on 1 card. "Throw", "Catch" & "Reaction". This is the same setup that Jomez has used all year as well.

I will bring this up on the podcast tonight as well, but are we at the point in our sport where we feel justified sacrificing quantity for quality? The 3rd person could have given some decent coverage to another card. From what I could tell, the 3rd camera was used for replays & slowmo in between holes where the scorecard was shown. How much quality would have been sacrificed on the primary coverage card had that 3rd camera been assigned to cover an additional group? Would we rather see 1 card with really good coverage and 1 card with decent coverage OR 1 card with fantastic coverage that we got?

I honestly don't know that there is a correct answer to this. My personal opinion would be to see more coverage of groups. I can understand the 3 camera format when there are already multiple teams covering an event like we have seen at some of the other events.

The coverage that we got was top notch by all aspects. And I look forward to watching the FPO at some point (no hurry!) as well.

Looking forward to tonight's podcast!

I am in the boat of quality - having 3 cameras on one card for the b-roll and slo-mo's etc. If we want more card coverage, hire a second crew.

UNLESS - someone is on a heater and then I would vote sacrificing that third camera to catch footage of that round. I would keep that in my back pocket and use as is.

Thanks DinosaurThunder. I am fairly certain we are having Feldberg on tonight.

Dont let it get to you. You are one of the cost popular disc golfers in the world, as well as one of the bet players, who cares what someone on the internet says? Do they have their own extremely popular signature disc? Heck no.

By the way, if you contact the admins of this site they can get your account verified and get you a fancy little title under your name if that interests you. Would be very cool to have your own thread where you answer questions from time to time like MJ does. Thanks for taking the time to come to the site...its always cool to interact with the top pros!

Double on this. I've been watching Nate for some time, and his manners are impeccable. I hear he's an above average commentator too. :D

Last edited:
I think Ricky uses a Delta cart, not a Zuca. He often switches back and forth between the cart and the bag. Maybe he flew in for this event, and didn't want to pay a baggage fee for it, since two rounds were at a course you couldn't really use it at.

I think he may be sponsored by Delta and has a Ricky cart.

I'm not 100% sure of their set-up, but I assume that the 3rd camera they are using for slowmo/b-roll would not do well as a primary camera for a second card. I doubt they have a mic on it and the lens seems to be pretty low depth of field with little to no zoom.

I'm not 100% sure of their set-up, but I assume that the 3rd camera they are using for slowmo/b-roll would not do well as a primary camera for a second card. I doubt they have a mic on it and the lens seems to be pretty low depth of field with little to no zoom.

I don't know their setup for the 3rd camera in this instance. But knowing CCDG, they could have had (or did have) a camera that would have worked for them. They are pros.

Again, I am just asking the question as to what people would prefer. Ian & CCDG killed it out there no doubt. So in NO way is this a slight at them or SpinTV.

I think there should *always* be a camera on McBeast. Whether he's leading the tournament or several strokes back, fans will tune in to watch. He's the closest thing disc golf has to Tiger, Lebron, etc., and his rounds should be treated similarly.

Great to hear from Sexton! Wish he'd log in more frequently and give us his .02 :clap:

I don't know their setup for the 3rd camera in this instance. But knowing CCDG, they could have had (or did have) a camera that would have worked for them. They are pros.

Again, I am just asking the question as to what people would prefer. Ian & CCDG killed it out there no doubt. So in NO way is this a slight at them or SpinTV.

I agree that they killed it and do high quality work. I was just making the point that it would have been more difficult than a simple "Peter, go two holes ahead to film Paul's round."

As someone who already has limited time to watch tourney coverage I prefer the higher quality one card approach.

Latest posts