• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Aug 12-17

Udisc shows as many pars as bogies. 42% c1x, 0% c2. The three "16 footers" she made were on 1, 17, 18.

I wasn't there, but judging by the view of the camera, the putting distances on udisc are incorrect. For instance, it said she made a 66 foot putt on hole 16. The video isn't up, but I am pretty sure she was a bit outside circle one, so that'd be a 35-45 footer.

I know that udisc estimates some putts, but I thought anything under 10ft was listed as a 5ft putt. But even with that, her other made putts were 16, 66, 16, 16, 66. That's a statistically improbable grouping of numbers. It's like getting a full house in a deck of cards that goes up to 66.

with that said, no disrespect to udisc. They're doing an amazing job.

Ugh so I actually have to give a DD video a view to watch Barry, Dickerson and Earhart play? :wall:

EDIT: And Risley is on that card too...good grief.

Yeah, not being able to cover Northwood sucks. And I honestly think that we may have been at 75% quality of a standard live broadcast there.

Have you ever considered just covering the last 5-6 holes? There's plenty of action that typically unfolds in those holes and it would still be worthy of a live show imop.

I wasn't there, but judging by the view of the camera, the putting distances on udisc are incorrect. For instance, it said she made a 66 foot putt on hole 16. The video isn't up, but I am pretty sure she was a bit outside circle one, so that'd be a 35-45 footer.

I know that udisc estimates some putts, but I thought anything under 10ft was listed as a 5ft putt. But even with that, her other made putts were 16, 66, 16, 16, 66. That's a statistically improbable grouping of numbers. It's like getting a full house in a deck of cards that goes up to 66.

with that said, no disrespect to udisc. They're doing an amazing job.

Udisc doesn't allow for exact distances for any C1 or C2 putts. There's essentially three distances in each circle (5, 16, 27 and 38, 49, 60). I'm not sure how or why it would display 66 feet at all. The lowest distance you can manually enter is 70. Unless the tournament app has a different UI than the regular app, but it doesn't appear that way.

Eagle seems to lose a lot of his effectiveness on courses without a lot of airspace. If he can't throw "power BH Hyzer, power FH hyzer, putt", he isn't nearly as dangerous as his rating would otherwise indicate.

I don't see him coming back at this tournament, though USDGC will be a completely different story.

Udisc doesn't allow for exact distances for any C1 or C2 putts. There's essentially three distances in each circle (5, 16, 27 and 38, 49, 60). I'm not sure how or why it would display 66 feet at all. The lowest distance you can manually enter is 70. Unless the tournament app has a different UI than the regular app, but it doesn't appear that way.

Great to know. Thanks

I just wanted the Round 1 recap video the PDGA put out. Well done. But how did they afford to pay Christian Bale to do the commentary in his Batman voice?