• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Aug 12-17

Somebody should put a camera on this guy so we can all see how bad he actually is. I would love to see him actually throw a disc.

No offense to the sub 800 crowd reading, but sub 800 golf is really bad. For someone to be playing as long as he has and still be that low is astonishing.

Most players break 800 pretty quickly. I could easily shoot 800 golf using my off hand for a tee shot each hole at basically any course in the world.

Last edited:
No offense to the sub 800 crowd reading, but sub 800 golf is really bad. For someone to be playing as long as he has and still be that low is astonishing.

Most players break 800 pretty quickly. I could easily shoot 800 golf using my off hand for a tee shot each hole at basically any course in the world.

Oh look at you Mr ambidextrous!

its almost like some players play because they love the hobby

For someone to be playing as long as he has and still be that low is astonishing.

There's a local player here that has been playing for a decade or more and he still stand still throws, with his entire palm on the disc, etc. Super nice guy, smart as a whip, no physical or mental issues. Probably plays at a 800 level or less. Obviously the social need is stronger than the sporting need. Guessing Lloyd is the same.

its almost like some players play because they love the hobby

which is amazing. I'm sure Lloyd and other sub 800 rated players have a blast and 100% support him playing as much disc golf competitively as they want, but that shouldn't include the professional world championships.

There is nothing admirable about the behavior of Streets and elmexdela in their actions toward Dynamic Discs and others in these forums.

They remind me of that snotty little kid in middle school, along with his dopey sidekick, that together are always attempting to inflict every injury on some other classmate(s) that they can, which includes rallying everyone else against the unfortunate targeted ones.

bro didnt you see his world record setting burpies

Yo elmex, we need to give swhite an atomic wedgie after lunch behind the cafeteria. :hfive:

Shaping up to be a 2 horse race.......

It's early but some big names are toast already. While some players could mount epic comebacks, based on the early rounds it appears the pressure or injury has done many in early. Or in the case of Barsby, this is a course layout that does not suit his game. Plus there is the pressure of repeating. Ricky changing sponsor needs another year. Eagle has not recovered completely from the earlier injury. I just don't see the fire that he had at the beginning of the year. Plus, if you're not double digits down you're playing to get on the chase card at best.

If you did not watch Emerson school the field in his last event, take a look at YouTube and watch a really outstanding performance. His putting is the best of his career and this may be his time. I don't think he is going to rattled having Paul in his rear view mirror. Small package of a guy with the heart of a lion.

Paul, well he's Paul and he plays well every time he plays an event. The 2 weeks of prep is paying off. Let's face it, the Discraft signing did not slow him down this year. If anything, he is better than every at the age of 29.

Are there others that could surprise us? Well yes, Anthony, Conrad and Jones all have the ability and skill but todays round will go a long way to sorting them out.

I 'm sure I will many will tell me I'm nuts, time will tell. Moving day is today, can't wait to see what happens.

which is amazing. I'm sure Lloyd and other sub 800 rated players have a blast and 100% support him playing as much disc golf competitively as they want, but that shouldn't include the professional world championships.

Now get those sub-800 rated players off my lawn so I can revel in how amazing it is being a professional disc golfer without those types hanging about.

Now get those sub-800 rated players off my lawn so I can revel in how amazing it is being a professional disc golfer without those types hanging about.

Missing the point.

The point is the professional look of the event to the public. You don't show up to the Masters and see 31 handicap players playing.

HOT TAKE. People that don't watch a disc golf video because of the crew or company that made it are not smart people.

Anyway... DiscFifty, we could have covered the last few holes probably. It appears that the cell coverage in that area of the course isn't as bad as the early part of the course. The PDGA paid for 6 rounds of coverage, and we decided to focus on that. It is too bad, Northwood would have been a great course to do live. I will talk to the guys to see if they have any interest in that for Friday, I doubt it... but you never know.

With Northwood for Friday's MPO why not simply go live and do the following: Say cell service is too sub-standard on 6 of the 18 holes. Simply only film the 12 holes with decent service. Skip the other 6. Show the lead card on those 12 holes and then have some commercial breaks when you need to re-locate (i.e, skip holes) and then film whatever other foursomes so happen to be playing on any of the 12 holes while you wait for the lead card to show up. With some frequent U-Disc scoring updates that would all make for a quality product.

No one gaining anything on Cat today. . just two more rounds to go
As of now my 4 picks to be 1-4 is on the R4 Lead card :)