• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Aug 12-17

Henna, Eveliina, and other women in Finland play in FPO but all divisions play from same tees. It is pretty rare to have multiple tees in courses in Finland (alternate baskets is more common but don't remember any tournament where they switched placements middle of the tournament).

Hmm why did the PDGA change Paul and Paiges picture on their site? Thats not the Pictures they first put up.
The new pics have the sponsor loggos very visible. .

Hmm why did the PDGA change Paul and Paiges picture on their site? Thats not the Pictures they first put up.

That first photo of Paige was super creepy, so Im good with the change

Money talks... and an image is worth a thousand words (of advertising) :popcorn:

Multiple cases? Two cases...on the men's side...and kiinda two more. That being said IT IS incredibly difficult and extremely rare to be World #1 and not win a major. Women's tennis is a different animal and doesn't have a place being compared to men's stats. There are no cases in which someone held world #1 for years in a row without winning a major.

Jimmy Connors - Ended year as world #1 with no majors
John McEnroe - Ended year as world #1 with no majors
Marcelo Rios - 6 weeks at #1 - Did not end year as world #1
Lendl - was the #1 seed at a major without being world #1 overall...He then won the French Open in the following year and became the world #1.

Hmmmmm. That still sounds like multiple cases to me. Recall I was responding to your statement:
The Tennis point structure makes it very very difficult for someone who hasn't wont [sic] at least one or more majors in the given year to be ranked #1.

Sure. Here they are side-by-side.

attachment.php

No.

Like vampires in mirrors, actuaries don't show up on video.

Thanks! It looks like the only hole that dramatically shifts when going from correlation with Total Score to Player Rating is Eureka Hole 5 (Baseball Field). That totally makes sense, because missing that drive is an immediate loss of two strokes, making it a very high-leverage hole. Some of the others shift a bit, but nothing really stands out as being a "real thing" and not just noise.

Hmmmmm. That still sounds like multiple cases to me. Recall I was responding to your statement:

Two cases shows how rare something is...your testament to there being multiple people who've been world #1 is indicative of exaggeration. Furthermore the two examples you provided weren't even players who had finished the year as #1, they had it for a few weeks. You went on to say that some players have held the world #1 ranking for years without winning a major, which you are flat out wrong about. Then you tried to use women's stats to bolster your point...c'mon. :doh:

My point was that your comparison between wining majors in tennis isn't directly comparable to DG one to one as you stated.

UH... not really. There have been multiple cases of players reaching the #1 ranking and holding it for many weeks, sometimes years before winning a major and in some cases without EVER having won a tennis major. Twice on the men's side (Lendl, Rios) and seven on the women's side (Clijsters, Mauresmo, Jankovic, Safina, Wozniacki, Ka.Pliskova, and Halep)

Nice video by DD following Paige on the final round.
I don´t know if i would have done this, have MORE cameras and pressure on me at the final round of Worlds

Paige Pierce 2019 Pro Worlds Final Round - Caddy's View
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wHppDVy88

And from this view you can see Cat walking away from the group even before Paige taps in for the win. .everybody else stayed and gave Paige a hug

Latest posts