• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 European Open July 21-24

Really incredible event. Seeing the scores creep up for Rounds 3 and 4 and in particular some of the misses, you know these guys were feeling the pressure. And even with the few really bad throws, the scores were remarkable.

Evalina seems to have some vision issues. She does great with longer putts, but the mid range putts give her some issues.

Cross eyes dominance is a real thing and is an issue in many sports. I used to do a ton of target shooting, including trap, skeet, and 100 yd. and there were definite strategies to address this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_dominance

She's so good. That round 2 would have put her in a tie for 19th in the MPO field of 118! If she can get her putting sorted out she would be dominating.

Im also amazed at Eagle. Coming back from a long break and injury, without a forehand, straight to the top. The most exciting player to watch IMO - and the season hasnt been the same without him ( luckily for other pros. Hello Simon ).

He's just coming into his prime too. He's been the next big thing for so long, I think we forget how young he is. If he can stay healthy, he can own this decade.

What a truly ridiculous win for Eagle.

I know it has been said, but his first week back? Without his most dependable shot his forehand, not even for routine pitchouts? Then you have to beat the GOAT, who is going to average 1072ish golf over four rounds? AND that same supremely-confident GOAT is going to be on your card all four rounds in a tense neck-and-neck battle that doesn't let up at any point? And you have to overcome your own demons of not always playing great in pressure-packed situations?

This isn't just Eagle's best win, it's one of the most impressive wins in disc golf history.

I don´t know if i have ever seen two players destroy the field like this. .Eagle has been the young player that did not win, what a mental journey he has done. . no he takes down a McBeth playing at his best in a tournament he has won the last decade

Great to see Eagle come back and win this way after coming back from an injury. Well done and truly inspirational.

Then you have to beat the GOAT, who is going to average 1072ish golf over four rounds? AND that same supremely-confident GOAT is going to be on your card all four rounds in a tense neck-and-neck battle that doesn't let up at any point?

Wait! Whut? Climo averaged 1072? I didn't know he was even registered.

Sorry if these have already been discussed, but two questions:

Who was Paul's caddie, he looked like he was local? Really surprised to see them collaborating so much, I haven't noticed Paul consulting with his caddie this much.

The "Nokia Frisbee Golf Course" on here is a 12 hole layout. Were those 12 holes the same used in the tournament? Are 13-18 now set up as permanent holes, or were they Temp just for this tournament?

Kudos to Paige. Would have been so rewarding if Evaliina could have held on for the win in her home country, but she just didn't get enough breaks for it to go her way..

Those fans really got to see a helluva show from Eagle and Paul.

Last edited:
Who was Paul's caddie, he looked like he was local? Really surprised to see them collaborating so much, I haven't noticed Paul consulting with his caddie this much.

The "Nokia Frisbee Golf Course" on here is a 12 hole layout. Were those 12 holes the same used in the tournament? Are 13-18 now set up as permanent holes, or were they Temp just for this tournament?
Joonas has caddied for Paul for years during this tournament, you'll be able to see him on coverage at least since 2015.

The Beast layout is always temporary. It uses some holes of the permanent layout but is very different for the most part.

I know it has been said, but his first week back? Without his most dependable shot his forehand, not even for routine pitchouts? Then you have to beat the GOAT, who is going to average 1072ish golf over four rounds? AND that same supremely-confident GOAT is going to be on your card all four rounds in a tense neck-and-neck battle that doesn't let up at any point? And you have to overcome your own demons of not always playing great in pressure-packed situations?

This isn't just Eagle's best win, it's one of the most impressive wins in disc golf history.

I am so impressed with Eagle in every respect this week. I hope this guy can keep strong and healthy. I want to see what he can do for the next decade. If he can do this without his forehand there's no telling where his ceiling really is.

I also hope this adds even more fuel to the flames that ignite the Beast. Disc golf is better when Mcbeth is at the top of his game and daring everyone else to battle him for the hill. It isn't too often that you see someone go *sixteen* strokes over the field only to lose it by one.

Let's not sleep on KJUSA. While his 25 down looks almost pedestrian compared to the two juggernaut performances, he put together a strong showing over everyone else. Let's see if this gives him a boost heading into the second half of the season.

Performance Tracks

attachment.php

Attachments

• EO2022.jpg
    EO2022.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 202
Let's not sleep on KJUSA. While his 25 down looks almost pedestrian compared to the two juggernaut performances, he put together a strong showing over everyone else. Let's see if this gives him a boost heading into the second half of the season.

Indeed. I hope to see him on moar final round lead cards going forward. Considering McFire torched the course, you have be pretty damned happy with 3rd.

Whenever one of the 1050 boys is really in the zone, about the only other players who have a real chance of beating them is one of the other three, if they're feelin' it, too. And what a treat it is for us when that happens!

I wonder if Eagle will stick with the lefty throw even if his elbow gets better? . . and just use the FH in the short get out of trouble shots.

Latest posts