• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg -- GOAT

Wisecup still competes with the Open scores today. He just happens to play in an age-protected division.

I've always said if someone could build a machine for playing disc golf, they'd call it a Wisecup. The smoothest motion ever. His job was a trainer at a local gym and it showed. Great guy too.

1503300391_a2b217b811_z.jpg

1526862229_6470bebe8d_z.jpg

^
Thread needed some vonPics.

But like I said before they are only 9 years apart. When Dave is 44 are we going to be having this argument about him and Nikko or Will? They are farther apart then Climo and FB.

This sounds like the Jack/Tiger argument that I've had with people. And the Arnie/Jack argument my Dad had. And the Hogan/Palmer argument. And the .......

And that's just in ball golf. Don't get me started on the Bart Starr/Roger Stauback argument that predates the Manning/Favre argument, or the Gretzky/Crosby argument, or the ......

Point is, the next generation will always be tough to compare to the previous generation. Equipment, training, competition -- it's all going to get better. Finding the GOAT is a futile exercise in a sport with a long history, forget something with less than 50 years on it like disc golf.

I don't think it's futile. The Jack/Tiger argument, to me is different. Tiger's record is at least approaching Jack's, so they are on the same Mt. Rushmore. One of them is the best ever. For football qb's Unitas/Montana/Elway/Brady -- their records are similarly approaching one another.

But in baseball, in ice hockey, and in disc golf...to me there should be no debate because the greatest ever is still so far ahead of everyone else it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
A ray speaks the truth. Though Dave played great, and has one of the first ever recorded 1100 rounds, like the argument always turns. 12 world titles 5 us titles can't ever be over looked. I think Dave is out of that window of opportunity to catch those records

A ray speaks the truth. Though Dave played great, and has one of the first ever recorded 1100 rounds, like the argument always turns. 12 world titles 5 us titles can't ever be over looked. I think Dave is out of that window of opportunity to catch those records

Those records will NEVER be broken.

I don't think it's futile. The Jack/Tiger argument, to me is different. Tiger's record is at least approaching Jack's, so they are on the same Mt. Rushmore. One of them is the best ever. For football qb's Unitas/Montana/Elway/Brady -- their records are similarly approaching one another.

But in baseball, in ice hockey, and in disc golf...to me there should be no debate because the greatest ever is still so far ahead of everyone else it's ridiculous.

I completely agree with you except I was just wondering who is by far the best baseball player of all time?

I don't think it's futile. The Jack/Tiger argument, to me is different. Tiger's record is at least approaching Jack's, so they are on the same Mt. Rushmore. One of them is the best ever..

Bobby Jones won 13 majors and is the only player to win the true Grand Slam.. and retired at the age of 28.

Gotta love a controversial topic, but this one isn't even close...
Ken Climo is one of the most dominant athletes of all time, in any sport. He basically owned the competition for close to 15 years, with class.

Tim S.

Babe Ruth still holds pitching records. Need I say more?

.. what pitching records?

Ty Cobb is the best ever. never batted under .320 and stole home 54 times.. the only thing Ruth stole was a candy bar.

Just so we can end this thread on an agreement...

Forest Gump - Best ping pong player of all time?

Also may be personal opinion but I have found FB to always come off kind a-holey. Maybe I just can't get him complaining about a TWIG in the fairy on the Renny Clash Video out of my head. Of course same video good ole' Billy Crump tells us after lunch they are having sandwich hand which caused some bad shots. :doh:

I seem to remember that being Barry Schultz who threw a little temper tantrum about that. It's that hole where some sort of small trees grow up and they have to keep them trimmed but they were not trimmed perfectly that day and schultz threw a worm burner and blamed the poor trimming and then would not let it go.

Latest posts