• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Discraft Great Lakes Open July 24-26

just watched the FPO . . .Smal OT rule question. .

Almost everytime Cat misses a putt she walks up and throws the combacker directly " out of turn "
i know ju can ask to "tap out" out of order. . but i never see her ask and a few putts are NOT tap outs. . but she still takes them even though shes not furthest out.

Is that ok or a "not so important rule to follow" ?

just watched the FPO . . .Smal OT rule question. .

Almost everytime Cat misses a putt she walks up and throws the combacker directly " out of turn "
i know ju can ask to "tap out" out of order. . but i never see her ask and a few putts are NOT tap outs. . but she still takes them even though shes not furthest out.

Is that ok or a "not so important rule to follow" ?

Is it likely she used to ask and by this point everyone on the card knows that's what she'd like to do and no-one has ever said if it bothered them so she just carries on as usual. It's pretty much the same dozen women at the top of every tournament sharing the first few cards.

I believe it's a courtesy violation if the card (or is it just the players skipped?) haven't agreed to the out-of-turn play.

I like KJUSA and all, but the posse following him the whole tourney seemed odd and then the whole gang going with the Tiger Woods-esque Red Sunday shirts really rubbed me the wrong way. When I saw them all in Red i got a feeling that Kev was gonna get the bad juju.

Lol..there is no Kevin Jones "posse". Nobody had any "posse" this weekend. Though I did see a couple caddies and a few girlfriends on the course. The "gang" in red is tournament staff in DGLO shirts and the spotters were given lighter red shirts.

Damn the crying and whining and nitpicking in here.

Hillarious that Eagle didn't know he won.

That's DGCR...after each tourney is over, the winner has been crowned and the Karen's come out in force and ask to see the manager because a photographer might have (nope) messed up KJUSA, to tattle on Nikko for taking 35 seconds instead of 30 seconds, or to whine about whatever little thing they feel entitled to complain about.

That's some people on DGCR...after each tourney is over, the winner has been crowned and the Karen's come out in force and ask to see the manager because a photographer might have (nope) messed up KJUSA, to tattle on Nikko for taking 35 seconds instead of 30 seconds, or to whine about whatever little thing they feel entitled to complain about.

FTFY. A lot of people are kindly dissecting what happened, while a vocal minority always try and stir crap up. Let's ignore those people and have a good discussion so this place doesn't become a toilet bowl like so much of the internet.

I do find the red shirt = Tiger Woods thing hilarious. I wore a red polo to my last tournament Sunday and got about 3 people commenting to that effect. Ah, no. I'm not imitating Crash. I just like red polos. :doh:

Never been a fan of terms like "choking" and "taking a dump/crapping the bed." Unless the player played BADLY, what's so wrong with saying they were outplayed? Kevin's round was his worst, yes, it wasn't that bad. By standards as a whole, it was actually still pretty good. Players aren't going to play their best every round. Sometimes the round that's the worst is the last round. Seems perfectly normal?

Props to Eagle for taking it down. He's a good guy, on the golf course, and all around. I hope he really learned a lesson from the fracture mistake, it's crazy how sometimes those things can help you in the long run. Good on him.

I don't think the other players choked. Everyone near the top played a decent to good to great round. Eagle just played well enough to win it all. Not sure why there has to be any insults in there.

Exciting tournament.

100% C1X putting with 3-4 circle edge putts on elevated baskets, or in a big slope.

Ratings mean a lot more than par. You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree...
He had the 6th best round of the day in a 140 players field made of touring pros, local stars and veterans of the game.

One missed upshot due to what looked like a very unfortunate griplock.

The only stinky part on his scorecard is the 0% C2 putting (0/5), which does not prevent him from leading the tournament in the C2 putting stat, with his ridiculously good putting during the second round.

maybe it was the c2 chain outs im thinking of which seemed plentiful

maybe i dont care as much about stats and ratings as most so that becomes a lost point on me

i think we all can agree he was shooting hot last round and then started to get some crappy breaks and a griplock and lost the tourney in the last round specifically the back 9

the kj apologists in full force

if it was macbeth yall would be crying and wondering if he was injured again

kj fell apart last round why is that so hard for some to accept

has kj peaked

I don't think the photographer had anything to do with Jones missing his putt on 18.
There were photographers in the field of vision for every player on the majority of the holes.
I never saw any of them directly behind the basket, more like 15 degrees off to the side.
The bottom right pic is Jones' miss on 18.

There were also a lot of trees in his way. They should have been cut down before he had to make his putt.
And those bushes? Why are they there?

watch that botched upshot and all the strokes left out there with his putting

i bet he has/would say he played like trash

it clearly wasnt his best

especially being it was his highest scored round

also who cares if he shoots a 800 or 1800 ratings dont mean a thing and are arbitrary just like par

uh, WRONG!

I'll never get people who might not be in the same league saying, "shooting a -9, 1040-something rated 53 at the Toboggan is called 'taking a dump'."

FTFM

Last edited:

Latest posts