• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Discraft Great Lakes Open July 24-26

Fear that the players might create a conflict over an official giving them warnings and possibly strokes for not following state mandates is no reason to not implement something that could ensure the tour holds up to some sort of state officials showing up because someone called them over lack of social distancing.

The implementation is player behavior. The implementation was required 4 months ago. I agree with you about the tour's investment in not being shut down. The players need to hold themselves accountable.

Just my personal opinion, but any "major" disc golf event should be 4 rounds.

Understand. But I'm pretty sure that's a minority opinion (if I understand that you're talking about the 15-20 biggest events of the year, not just designated "majors").

Big hole. Leading off with the absolute park on 8 by Jones... what a shot. The skill to get a disc on that dead line on the basket, and the trees allowing it through into the heart of the green.

And Conrad shows the sort of lack of focus on his putt on 8 that is emblematic of players more on my level.

I like how Jones approaches the shot on 9... I never really thought roller for that shot, but I would have thought of it like other players: trying to put more snap onto the disc to bring it over to its line. Jones uses the severe release angle with less snap on the disc to control it more.

Learning **** here.

Wow. That park job on 8 felt so consequential... and then Eagle and Ricky take 2 shots back the next 2 holes. Looks like we may get that tight fantastic finish.... yeah golf!

I agree completely.

I hear I might be getting a $1200 check coming up. I'll stimulate the DGPT economy a little by subscribing.

The 1-17-18 playoff...
I have salty memories of watching that 1-17-18 playoff...

Dickerson. Wow. What a roll on 18. That roll is insane. I heard the course is being pulled right after this round ends. But I'll definitely be messing with that when I get a chance to play the course next year.

Strange not seeing Eagle approach with a sidearm on 17... Nate agrees.... But gorgeous ****ing touch from Eagle on that approach. Dude is such a skilled golfer.

Could not have asked for a better commercial for the sport going into the DDO on CBS Sports. Now to pass the coverage on to as many CBS personalities as we can to try to get a few segments for some disc golf people on their shows. I'll be trying to spread the day-after stuff tomorrow to some folk for 20-30 mins.

Latest posts