• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs you don't like the feel of

What R-Pro discs are ridged and slick? Certainly not a Rhyno, Aviar, Polecat, Dart or Pig.

Boss? I've never felt one of those.

Nor is a Wahoo or a Hydra in R-Pro Ridged or that slick either. I gave those to a friend as a Christmas last year as a gift. He was using a OS Buzz in FLX ESP as his putter before that with a driver as well so I got a set with a Wahoo and Hydra then a set with a Dragon and Hydra. I did know he had the drivers but not the OS Buzz. The friend would have been fine for putting if he had the Buzz or the SS Buzz but he had a OS Buzz from 2011 South Dakota State Disc Golf Championships that he got from a friend who does not use Discraft, uses Prodigy Exclusively Now that the Molding for the plastic is better and Innova quality went down, due to one of the pro's on the team Will Schusterick.

Nor is a Wahoo or a Hydra in R-Pro Ridged or that slick either. I gave those to a friend as a Christmas last year as a gift. He was using a OS Buzz in FLX ESP as his putter before that with a driver as well so I got a set with a Wahoo and Hydra then a set with a Dragon and Hydra. I did know he had the drivers but not the OS Buzz. The friend would have been fine for putting if he had the Buzz or the SS Buzz but he had a OS Buzz from 2011 South Dakota State Disc Golf Championships that he got from a friend who does not use Discraft, uses Prodigy Exclusively Now that the Molding for plastic is better and Innova quality went down, due to one of the pro's on the team Will Shusterick.

Are you attributing Innova's supposed declining quality to Will Shusterick? Now there's a Prodigy conspiracy theory that I had not heard yet.

The understable Prodigy mid is weird too. M5 I think, has a double lip thing on the bottom.

Aviars, magnets, just feel wrong... Pretty much all prodigy. Truth, way too thin of rim. Probably said 100 times already, but the groove lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything over 2.3cm in backhands, which I can't get up to speed anyway.

P2's are good putting putters, and everyone loves throwing them, but I can't get a good grip on them for full throws.

Anything over 2.3cm in backhands, which I can't get up to speed anyway.

P2's are good putting putters, and everyone loves throwing them, but I can't get a good grip on them for full throws.

Are you attributing Innova's supposed declining quality to Will Shusterick? Now there's a Prodigy conspiracy theory that I had not heard yet.

nope, I will say that was happening about the time Will and David left for other brands. You can see that, about the time Pro was no longer the main plastic and R-Pro became the more common plastic, now Pro is a odd plastic that does not feel like the old Pro from before the change. The Plastic is feeling like a lesser version of Star that you have to let the plastic beak in to feel like the stiff old Pro that most discs except a few Putters, Pig and Rhyno felt like. I got a disc a Shark 175 in the last of the old plastic in 2013 or 2014 when the first players were leaving the Innova brand.

I was saying due to Will Shusterick that Prodigy's quality went back up due to him only using first runs and the brand wanting Will to use the regular stock discs. The Prodigy brand really had bad discs until late 2016 when the brand seemed to have better plastic a guy I just started following on Youtube, Rec Rob his channel went back to Prodigy in 2016 as he saw online that the brand had fixed the molds, I suspect they were using aluminum molds before that were worn out, I saw a messed up looking Disc From Prodigy in 2014, when on Vacation. Our town has only a sports store that inclueds Innova Pole Cats that do not sell in Pierre South Dakota and miss labeled Hydra saying they are 170 grams on the Bar code label when they only come in 175 grams, the correctly labeled Hydras are selling though and our Walmart only carries Innova too though Pro and R-Pro is the top plastic.

Last edited:
The understable Prodigy mid is weird too. M5 I think, has a double lip thing on the bottom.

I had a die hard prodigy loving homie swear by all prodigy until this disk came out. He now throws a mixed bag. He bought it online and didnt know it had that groove like wing.

Really is a super gross disk.

Our town has only a sports store that inclueds Innova Pole Cats that do not sell in Pierre South Dakota...

That speaks quite poorly of the people of Pierre, South Dakota. I may think more of ISIS members than Pierre-ians right now.

(I think Aviars and Magnets feel awful)

Almost all Jolly Launcher plastic. And softer baseline.

Really? IMO that's some of the best champion plastic Innova has ever released. What in particular do you not like about it? Its nice and stiff and has good flight characteristics. Durable too.

Daggers... I wanted to like it based on how it felt in a store, hated it first time off the tee.

I had a die hard prodigy loving homie swear by all prodigy until this disk came out. He now throws a mixed bag. He bought it online and didnt know it had that groove like wing.

Really is a super gross disk.

You don't even notice the groove in the rim when you hold it.
Maybe it didn't bother me since I used to throw the Deuce.