• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] esp comets comin again!

It's rare that Discraft replaces Lat64 in my bag, usually it's the other way around. But for me Horent > Pain and LE Comet > Fuse.

Played my first round at my home course with the Comet instead of Fuse. The three throws i needed it, all good throws did exactly what i wanted. HOWEVER... the one throw i didn't need to use it (shoulda used my putter) i shanked it into a tree. :doh:

I'm very happy.

Luvin these!! Added an X Comet to my bag a few months ago and now the ESP is in there premanently.

This disc can pull off shots in completely different ways than I am used to and can be put on many different lines I am finding.

Word on the streets is that Discraft is happy with selling out in 4 days and won't be running more ESP Comets in the near future. Hope everyone that wanted some got them.

Last edited:
Played my first round at my home course with the Comet instead of Fuse. The three throws i needed it, all good throws did exactly what i wanted. HOWEVER... the one throw i didn't need to use it (shoulda used my putter) i shanked it into a tree. :doh:

I'm very happy.

I've also put away the fuse in favor of the comet. Didn't even want to at first really, but couldn't let the better disc go unused.

I bought 2 of these and I'm so glad I did. I've played maybe 3 or 4 rounds with them and the Comet has already earned a spot in my bag.

im becoming more and more comfortable throwing comets on really long holes. Like some Micheal Johanson ish

I've loved this disc for several years, 4 or so I think, and it performs admirably more often than not. I'd say it's "multipurpose" in every sense of the word, responding to a wide array lines and speeds. It's the only one I've currently got and I thought about retiring it after last year's ace at White Birch in St Louis, but I've yet to find a suitable replacement.

A few pics... although, you can't see it's the ESP Comet LE.

Great disc! :thmbup:

Attachments

• IMG_0002 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0002 (640x480).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 39
  • ACE at white birch (480x640).jpg
    ACE at white birch (480x640).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0003 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0003 (640x480).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32
since i didnt get my comets in time for my event a few weeks ago.....10 arrived today in the mail...

thanks discrap...

picked one up from a guy selling them at turny. i played this weekend . its a new disc to me ,threw it a few times . felt really good for up shots. how are they for driving?

picked one up from a guy selling them at turny. i played this weekend . its a new disc to me ,threw it a few times . felt really good for up shots. how are they for driving?

They are amazing for driving IF you can throw it properly. The first time I ever threw a Comet, I spent two weeks turning and burning before I traded it away, and cursed the Comet as a flippy piece of excrement. Some time went by, and I started to understand that my form was in disarray, and that perhaps it wasn't the discs fault. I saw what my friend was able to do with the Comet I traded him, and I thought that I should pick up another Comet.

The learning curve is a real bitch. Every now and then, I'd change something small and launch a 275' laser shot, but then the next throw would flip over after 150'. Now that I have all but mastered this disc, I use it more than any other in my bag. Once you learn the nuances of a Comet, you will NEVER replace this disc.

Love my ESP Comet. Today I got my first ace ever with it.

Just got my first today with an ESP Comet as well! It's a good thing I have 4 more - I may have to retire my first ace disc.

Only got one ESP so I can't retire it, but I don't think I would anyways since it is working out so well for me. And I would love to fill the rim with ink from ace info, and the only way to do that is to keep throwing it.

i replaced my comet with my fuse

I think LoPan said the following once and I almost made it my sig.

something like "A Fuse is like if a Buzzz and a Comet had an illegitimate child and put it up for adoption in Sweden."

The best part is that it's spot-on accurate. The Fuse has an uncanny resemblance to both of these discs in flight and feel. And is of course Swedish.

I have been throwing my ESP a good bit and it seems like it's going to take forever to break in! I can't seem to hit any trees with it. Is that a bad thing?