• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Whale

I don't like those beaded discs with the flat outer wall. It's like the put a big bead Aviar on either side of a Birdie rim.

Agreed with the P4 reference, and I can't stand the P4.

Dosen't sound like a PA4.

Taken from Nate Sexton facebook page.

The Innova Whale (XT Plastic) is the best forehand putter I have ever thrown! I don't know why, I don't know how, but it was holding a straight line for me unlike any other putter I have tried. I was able to get it out to about 200ft. on a super straight flight. I'm excited to get out and throw it more!

Yeah that sounds way more stable than a PA4. Unlike everyone else here apparently, I actually like the PA4 for what it is: an understable putter. I find the 400 series PA4 very useful for short turnovers or downhill shots that I don't want to fade out.

I'd buy this just for giggles. Might actually us a FH more for putters. When is the expected release data, and does anyone know in what plastics it will be released?

PA4 is barely understable, compared to other putters. I don't like it because it's bad in my opinion, not due to stability issues.

It sure looks like a PA4, but we'll see.

Yeah that sounds way more stable than a PA4. Unlike everyone else here apparently, I actually like the PA4 for what it is: an understable putter. I find the 400 series PA4 very useful for short turnovers or downhill shots that I don't want to fade out.

Pa4 is a great disc, I've made many upshots and long putts with it....I might love it....more than I love my own son....he's such a disappointment. :doh:

This looks just like the UB LEX with an added big bead. I swear these are the same molds. Interesting to see Innova going down the large PnA road. I really don't see this disc being a hit with the newb masses but folks online may enjoy it.

Well if it is a LEX copy it will be very STABLE to OVERSTABLE depending on your arm. I bag one and it is a very nice disc. Good feel, good flight and good plastic. The LEX is worth a look if you like trying out different putters. The profile pic of the Whale looks a little "square-er" than the LEX. I do have several LEX pics in my thread about the disc too.

I will not buy a Whale, don't want it and I DO NOT like big beaded putters!

Enough of my BigSky sales pitch and back to the Whale thread.

Any one have or have seen pics of the Whale stamp?

Last edited:
I so want to to be a goofy cartoon whale that looks like it belongs on a baby soap bottle.

If this thing flops it can be forever known as the Fail Whale.

I love the profile of my Pa4. It's been one of my most used discs. Great for FH lasers and hyzer flip BH's. Very dependable especially in the woods. I typically don't like using anything with a bead for FH shots because it's so uncomfortable but I may give this a try.

I just read that after this initial release in XT they'll be releasing production runs first in G*, Star and Starlite; then later in Champ, Blizzard and Dx and finally in KC Pro, McPro and RPro. So it looks like they're releasing the whale in pods.

Where did you read this? They must really feel confident that this mold is a winner.

He went Yushin Maru on you'

whale.jpg

Innova should have made the Ice Bowl stamp a whale wearing a stocking cap or a whale sitting on an iceberg for the release. They missied a grand opportunity to take an early lead for "stamp of the year 2015".

Innova doesn't run Ice Bowl though. Ice Bowl does it's own thing and Innova is just nice enough to give some good deals and releases to them each year.

I'm going to be at my Ice Bowl later this month EARLY!. If the round starts at 10.....I'm out there at 6:30. Why would I do that? Because I'm a crazy person who wants to get an XT Whale. If Nate Sexton is willing to boast about what a great FH putter this is, then I'm on board. Been using the PA4 as my FH putter but would like something more stable and available. Very excited for this mold to come out.

Latest posts