• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Okay.... initial results are in... am truly in love with this disc. from the tee they can take all my power without flipping and hit 300 easy at a 10ft cruising height. very minimal fade. It really does fly like a mini buzz/core. The grip is fantastic. I smacked a tree or two not on purpose. It hardly ricocheted at all, unlike the Grips that bounce off like superballs. Skipped it across cement road. Obviously no durability issues. Very accurate on forced hyzer and anhyzer. Just holds that line beautifully... just like a Z comet does.

The only downside i found was putting.... they don't have the same loft Zeros or Grip have and i routinely fell low on putts. But after a few holes i just muscled it a little more to correct it.

These discs are exactly what i was hoping Opto Pures would be. Cant wait to get the TM2s and start putting!

Buzz is to Roc as Pure is to Ion.... if you follow me.

But we all know how wizards vary and change over time. I haven't thrown a HPP wizard at all, but i would expect it to fly like a new SS or Ion. More fade sooner. The Pures fly faster in the air being lower profile. These discs seem to hold their velocity well.

I threw prerubes medium anodes a handful of times and I think the anode had less High speed stability. But i hardly gave them a good test.

Buzz is to Roc as Pure is to Ion.... if you follow me.

But we all know how wizards vary and change over time. I haven't thrown a HPP wizard at all, but i would expect it to fly like a new SS or Ion. More fade sooner. The Pures fly faster in the air being lower profile. These discs seem to hold their velocity well.

I threw prerubes medium anodes a handful of times and I think the anode had less High speed stability. But i hardly gave them a good test.

K... makes sense.

Not helping. I don't even have my TM2 Pures in hand yet and I already want to try the Opto. Guess there are worse issues to have.:)

Aaaannnd...USPS should be dropping MSt's box of Visions (TM), Pures (TM/opto), and Vibram (mini!)...I need to sell some stuff before the wife gets mad...

I got to fondle with the Opto and TM2 pures. The TM2 pure are grippy..reminds me of zero plastic for sure. I'll be excited to test them out.

I got two opto's, one in 176 and 176.5 from volo disc sports and got to play a round of 18. I can not remember how stable the grip pure's when new b/c all of mine are over a year old however, they are a tad more stable than the grip pures, which i use strictly for up shots and driving. I definitely like them and can't wait to test them some more on drives. Once they beat in, I think I'll like them even more.

My opto and test pures are scheduled for delivery today!!!! gonna be a long day at work waiting to get home

well looks like I know what my next purchase is. Give me some optos and a tm2 pure now!!!

Btw i hate everyone that has posted in this thread. I was doing so well with my addiction and you guys have enabled me!!!!!! gosh darn enablers!!!!!! 500th post!!!!

My box showed up last night. Three pink Opto Pures they feel awsome. My wife said it arrived about five minutes after I left for league. Cant wait to get out and play. The Pure is the first putter that I have owned where I dont feel like the grass is greener on the other side. If my putting is off I dont blame the putter like I use to. I just buckle down and work on my form. Truly a great disc.

I personally love flicking the pure. Its rim is shaped well for clean releases. I have been flicking my christmas pure which is a little less stable than the production run and it will hold lower power hyzer approaches well and do nice turnovers on higher power throws. Pures are just so damn comfortable, getting a clean release is like an afterthought, both fh and bh.

Also, TM2 pures are so so nice. Most comfortable putter I have ever held in my hands. Same grip as the zero, but stiff. I'm looking forward to getting them into some chains, but I feel like they may be a great driving putter as well, depending on how they break in/down. I'm glad I have a a stack of them in case they don't keep this test plastic.

That's what I wanted to hear. I putt with challengers but I can never get a clean release when I flick them. I tried my friends zero pure and liked it. Just wished it was a little stiffer. Sounds like the TM pures might have a chance to replace my challengers. We'll see.

Just got mine today, TMs and Optos. Was trying to find a better descriptor of how i touch these than fondle but I cant, these things feel great!! cant keep my hands off of them. Cant wait to get outta work.
cya later griplines

r the optos grippier than Ions?

I personally think the opto pure's are grippier than the Ions.

I hit a tree on a drive with the TM Diamond and it is taco'd, so I'd stay away from hitting trees :D

I'm going out to test my opto and TM pure's again today for a few hours before leagues and will have a better gauge about them after tonight. But I love the feel of the new TM pure's.

i'm debating on whether to pick an opto or 2 and a few of the test materials and was curious as to what people are using them for. right now i throw wizards for everything...beat up 160 gram for turnovers, 170 supersoft for straight drives, 168 glow for main putter, and a 175 evo for overstable.

i didn't know if i'd be able to achieve a similar setup with pures or not. i've used the xd and summit for a while and am not opposed to lower profile putters. distance potential, speed, glide, and stability how would the two compare or could i use a combination without a lot of overlap? i also liked throwing rhynos, does anybody use the pure/rhyno combination to cover under to overstable and everything between?

Latest posts