• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jonesboro Open - April 13-16 DGPT Pro / AM

You're gonna love the third round coverage then:D

Yeah I see what you did there but I seen it on video and aces are cool and all but that was an ace I could make. #14 never in 1,000,000 years, just like Pauls at GCC. Those are the proverbial cumshots to my earlier analogy... Wait what did I write that out loud

(plus i seen the scores of that round and simons shooting was sadly lacking sans the ace)

Visiting his girlfriend in Massachusetts. At least I assume that's the case since he was at Maple Hill yesterday.

Even though it is DGPT, it is also just a B-tier. That might matter more to some players. Add in that it is pretty much an unknown event, and it makes sense as the event to skip if one is looking to take a break for a couple weeks.

Just guessing, but Paul and Nate Sexton have also been doing the SexyBeast challenge tour, so they may have scheduled some of those on the way to Massachusetts.

Loved the ice bath the (MPO) winner received. I believe that was Sarah Hokum with the successful ambush after Nikko Locastro missed earlier.

Loved the ice bath the (MPO) winner received. I believe that was Sarah Hokum with the successful ambush after Nikko Locastro missed earlier.

Yea, that was Hokom. :thmbup:

To Smashboxx, great coverage, and I liked the end credits. It was cool to see those who make everything possible behind the scenes.

Man, I wish that line had been extended. I needed Ricky to go OB and win in a playoff for the bonus points :(

During the second round that putt on 13 by Jerm made me double take a few times. Right hand, right foot forward, lift up putt?

During the second round that putt on 13 by Jerm made me double take a few times. Right hand, right foot forward, lift up putt?

I saw that, too. Apparently it's like a step-putt, but one actually starts with the other foot forward and just lifts it up.

If that is legal, IMHO it should be made illegal... but at least Big Jerm did not blatantly foot-fault like McCray does every time he (McCray) step-putts.

I saw that, too. Apparently it's like a step-putt, but one actually starts with the other foot forward and just lifts it up.

If that is legal, IMHO it should be made illegal... but at least Big Jerm did not blatantly foot-fault like McCray does every time he (McCray) step-putts.

Of course Jerm's throw was legal. He was outside the 10 meter circle, so follow through in front of the marker is allowed. He got his leading foot up so it was not a supporting point in contact with the playing surface when he released. Frankly, given his lie, I thought the style was pretty inventive. Not necessarily something that will have a great rate of success in terms of making the putt, but better than him cramming himself into the bushes and potentially bending/breaking branches to take a stance (which would be illegal). I bet we never see him do it again not because of the question of legality, but because he'll never find himself in a position where the circumstances call for it.

Given that, why the need to make it illegal? And how would you write the rule that would make it illegal?

It's a weird situation. I've seen it done other ways as well. I've done it as a "push up" before. Slide back in to a lie on my belly to get under a bush, and then do a "push up" to throw my forward points of contact up off the ground and shuffle-toss the disc up to the pin.

Yea, that was Hokom. :thmbup:

To Smashboxx, great coverage, and I liked the end credits. It was cool to see those who make everything possible behind the scenes.
They had to swap out for someone strong enough to lift the water jug? ;)

Of course Jerm's throw was legal.

Given that, why the need to make it illegal? And how would you write the rule that would make it illegal?

Yes, it was legal under current rules; I'm not questioning that. I think what bothered me about it is that Big Jerm is essentially beginning his throw ahead of the marker, even if his foot is off the ground. Yeah, I know people can lean over their markers, especially on putts, but that just looked wrong from the get-go.

I also have trouble with step-putting in general. McCray foot-faulted several times, but he's not the only one. I've watched Feldberg blatantly foot-fault many a time and not get called for it. Whether it's legit (no foot fault) or not is like the bang-bang play at first base in baseball... often takes a slow-mo camera to see for sure.

This was a putt from outside the circle. He just lifted his front foot which was in front of the marker, threw his putt, and put the foot back down.
It's legit outside the circle just like it is inside the circle in the Balance clip except inside the circle, you have to place your forward foot back down behind the mark.

I don't watch much live DG but this saturday I had some free time with the kids so I tried multiple times on multiple devices to view the livestream, but all I kept getting was a "Tap to Retry" error. So unfortunately I didn't get to watch.

Latest posts