• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] MS Aurora Love?

Finally found a new run QMS in a color I like. These are nice and flat and great fliers. No reason for people to not be throwing these again.

picture.php

I have noticed Millennium is using less bland foils these days too, this one has a copper foil that looks like the copper on circuit boards.

Here's a new blue one I just picked up

Attachments

• 1435633042147-1880997597.jpg
    1435633042147-1880997597.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 52
Ok cool. Mine is 1.8 also. Going to have to pick up a few more. Wish there was an overstable version to pair with it.

That is pretty much a shark3 to me at least. Same top and the bottom isn't too different.

picture.php

new run (shark3 top) AMS left Sparkle shark3 right

Last edited:
Anyone throwing the 1.8's (or more importantly the shark3 topped MS's, I have a few not marked) that can say how they break in? My two fresh new run QMS (shark3 topped) are pretty stable. Hoping they lose fade and turn into lasers, I can't get my sharks to do those shots. Curious about the newer run AMS's as well.

Park courses take me long enough to break discs in that I don't want to start with the wrong disc.

When Millennium first began releasing discs, I picked up one of each model I could. I looked at the Aurora as a possible replacement for my Shark. What I found was that the Aurora was much less predictable in a wind and I didn't get as much glide out of it. I carried one for a couple of years to use as an accompaniment to a Shark, and then just got rid of it when it got too beat to be useful.

Can't guess to what difference newer plastic would make. I just replaced the Shark, too, after all these years (and now carry three mids).

^I'll take your beat AMS. I love them even more once they beat in and need some hyzer flip to slow roll turnover. You should of tried the MF as a shark replacement if you wanted something to handle some wind.

I just got my hands on a 178g bubblestamper, it had gnarly overflashing on the underside of the rim, but I doctored it up, and it is a thing of beauty, excited to throw it.

So on the Millennium site they say they did 1.7 run with what we can assume is the shark 3 top but that is the last time the mold will be run beadless. They say the bottom mold was retired and the 1.8 was run with what I guess is the stingray micro beaded bottom.

Mine haven't been thrown too much but my max weight 1.8 will still flex out of an anny at 300' and fade back to center.

Yeah but I have been told they were using an older non beaded stingray bottom even after the stingray changed to the microbead. I could be wrong though.

Didn't the original Roc/Shark/QMS all have the same top? Is the Roc3 top and Shark3 top also the same?

I had the bubble stamp QMS and Super Stingray battling as my workhorse mid over the last few years. I have a sparkle QMS but didn't realize it was the Super Stingray bottom. I will have to compare the two when I get home tonight. Although, I am not sure if the sparkles are the same mold as the most recent run that y'all are talking about.

Roc and Shark have different tops. Roc3 uses the Ching flat top Roc top is a rumor I have heard more than once. Your sparkle Q is still the standard Shark top/Stingray bottom config, the new honeycomb stamp JL ones have the Shark3 top and the "who knows" bottom.

Latest posts