• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] MS Aurora Love?

I found a couple of the 1.8 micro-bead run QMSes while rummaging through boxes at my local shop. They are essentially what the Discmania MD2 was, before they switched that disc to a domey San Marino top. The c-line QMSd2 run 1.8. That's a mouth full. But a great disc.

I found a couple of the 1.8 micro-bead run QMSes while rummaging through boxes at my local shop. They are essentially what the Discmania MD2 was, before they switched that disc to a domey San Marino top. The c-line QMSd2 run 1.8. That's a mouth full. But a great disc.

I dropped all my old QMs, MD2s and MD3s for these. Amazing flight for sure. Can handle a ton of lines. Flex shots, hyzers, powered straight, forced turnover...does it all aside for a stable mid.
But please no one else buy them. I need more backups still.

I was in my local shop today looking to grab a 1.8 QMS I had sent earlier. It wasn't there but they did have a handful of 2006 stamped Q's with Ontario molding. Can any one chime in on how these fly compared to newer runs? They're all orange and feel pretty good. Not sure if these are desirable, but I can proxy if anyone is interested. They had 5-6 of them.

I was in my local shop today looking to grab a 1.8 QMS I had sent earlier. It wasn't there but they did have a handful of 2006 stamped Q's with Ontario molding. Can any one chime in on how these fly compared to newer runs? They're all orange and feel pretty good. Not sure if these are desirable, but I can proxy if anyone is interested. They had 5-6 of them.

The orange ontarios were awesome. Did they have sharp flashing?

Man some of these stamps are beautiful... I really like the concept of a space and constellation-themed lineup... why did they find it necessary to name half of the stuff ridiculous initialisms like QMS, OLF, etc. This combined with the lack of flight #s completely turned me off from millennium when I was starting out. Instead try just "The Aurora" and throw some dang flight #s on there like Discmania.

I want to feel like there's a foundation and framework for understanding laid out in front of me logically by the manufacturer.

Man some of these stamps are beautiful... I really like the concept of a space and constellation-themed lineup... why did they find it necessary to name half of the stuff ridiculous initialisms like QMS, OLF, etc. This combined with the lack of flight #s completely turned me off from millennium when I was starting out. Instead try just "The Aurora" and throw some dang flight #s on there like Discmania.

I want to feel like there's a foundation and framework for understanding laid out in front of me logically by the manufacturer.

Well there used to be two Auroras... the MS (midrange straight) and the MF (midrange fade), and multiple Orion for that matter (OLF, OLS, The rare OLR). So the acronyms really helped to clear things up. Not the greatest naming convention, but they make great discs. The OLF could be called the felcher and I would still bag multiple. I'd rather the company make good discs with crappy names over crappy discs with great names.

Well there used to be two Auroras... the MS (midrange straight) and the MF (midrange fade), and multiple Orion for that matter (OLF, OLS, The rare OLR). So the acronyms really helped to clear things up. Not the greatest naming convention, but they make great discs. The OLF could be called the felcher and I would still bag multiple.

I totally see where they are coming from - I think just a tiny change in their approach would help illuminate the lineup. Just give every brick and mortar shop a poster with flight #s, and maybe try this:

Instead of OLF, OLS, AMS, etc try:
OrionL-F
9|5|-1|3

OrionL-S
9|5|-2|2

AuroraM-S
5|X|X|X

AuroraM-F
5|X|X|X

That way the name of the disc jumps out at you, allows you to develop an impression of the type of disc we're talking here. To me, they completely threw away such a potentially awesome naming convention by obfuscating things with stupid acronyms. I mean, there's nothing more badass in the universe than a quasar - they went the smart route on that mold and the rest of the distance drivers by keeping things simple. But on all the stuff I would actually be throwing as a beginner - mids and fairways - nope.

Discmania isn't much better but at least they include flight #s. Prodigy I actually consider the worst, combining numbers for mold names and plastic types.

Last edited:
I totally see where they are coming from - I think just a tiny change in their approach would help illuminate the lineup. Just give every brick and mortar shop a poster with flight #s, and maybe try this:

Instead of OLF, OLS, AMS, etc try:
OrionL-F
9|5|-1|3

OrionL-S
9|5|-2|2

AuroraM-S
5|X|X|X

AuroraM-F
5|X|X|X

That way the name of the disc jumps out at you, allows you to develop an impression of the type of disc we're talking here. To me, they completely threw away such a potentially awesome naming convention by obfuscating things with stupid acronyms. I mean, there's nothing more badass in the universe than a quasar - they went the smart route on that mold and the rest of the distance drivers by keeping things simple. But on all the stuff I would actually be throwing as a beginner - mids and fairways - nope.

Discmania isn't much better but at least they include flight #s. Prodigy I actually consider the worst, combining numbers for mold names and plastic types.

Most of their stamps spell out the full name, the biggest exceptions being the Aurora and JLS (which as far as I know is the actual name of the mold). Sure the acronyms make things confusing, doesn't really bother me now, although I must admit I was hesitant to try Millennium at first for similar reasons. I won't begrudge anyone who doesn't want to figure out their lineup... more OLFs for me

An inked 9/10 went for $22 on the collectors page. $20 is a good price.
Apparently they're still readily available. Infinite has them for $17 and Marshall street for $24, same Texas stamp. I passed for now and picked a current run up from DGC for $12.

Apparently they're still readily available. Infinite has them for $17 and Marshall street for $24, same Texas stamp. I passed for now and picked a current run up from DGC for $12.

Oh, those are Sirus Aurora's. I thought you were referring to the orange QMS (champion plastic with bubble stamp).

Oh, those are Sirus Aurora's. I thought you were referring to the orange QMS (champion plastic with bubble stamp).

Oh ****, you're right. I over looked that. The ones in person were definitely opaque-ish champ plastic, but they had the same Texas stamp. There was also a regular millennium plastic aurora-ms with that stamp. Slightly domey compared to the newer honeycomb stamp runs.

That is a really good and limited run of QMS. I would probably buy all of them if I were in Virginia.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/22714...nk&id=712560238905579&ref=content_filter&_rdr

We can't see it unless we are in the group and I can't tell what group it is. Can you just download the picture and then post it?

Also, does anyone know if there is a specific marking or stamp for the 1.8 mold variation on Millenium and/or Sirius plastic? I know they are out there, too.

I dropped all my old QMs, MD2s and MD3s for these. Amazing flight for sure. Can handle a ton of lines. Flex shots, hyzers, powered straight, forced turnover...does it all aside for a stable mid.
But please no one else buy them. I need more backups still.

Infinite Discs Chariot is a 1.8 QMS (or blammo might call it the Chariot c-line QMSd2 run 1.8).

I'll post pics here or in the Chariot thread later tonight.

So if you like the 1.8's like I do there will be an in stock off the shelf option. Current run is all color glow and max weight, next run will be a star like blend.

Infinite Discs Chariot is a 1.8 QMS (or blammo might call it the Chariot c-line QMSd2 run 1.8).

I'll post pics here or in the Chariot thread later tonight.

So if you like the 1.8's like I do there will be an in stock off the shelf option. Current run is all color glow and max weight, next run will be a star like blend.

Sweet! Almost asked Dylan the other day what mold this was. I guess I should have. Its been on my try out list since I pretty much only throw the QMS, Alpha, and Scorpius.

Dylan was the one I talked with yesterday, he said that Innova made the disc and told them (wrongly I think) what it was. We compared it to a bunch of Mako's, Sharks (regular and 3's) and my 1.8 QMS and I am convinced it is a 1.8 QMS. It does have Chariot lettering molded underneath the flightplate, but that is the only noticeable difference.

Latest posts