• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Joins Team MVP

Maybe one day I'll be good enough and be able to travel enough to tournaments to be a bigger MVP representative. Until then I'll be a decently good regional pro with a good attitude. I just need to get my baby to grow up a little so I can spend more time at the course and put out some more content, and maybe compete in some bigger events. Goal is to beat some top guys at my next couple big tournaments.

I just read the entire thread...wow...what a pile of crap. I can't believe I actually made it through...I feel dumber for having done it.

Dude got on Italian television.

Not as impressive as having 10,000+ posts on DCGR, but you have to give him some credit.

Well I mean, what is more impressive than 10,000+ posts on DCGR? :|

It's funny to see what some people were saying about him and now to see those same people trashing him.

A few months ago, having passion was a good thing.

Now not so much.

Who knows why he decided to stop throwing MVP?

I'm sure he liked them during casual rounds, but perhaps they just didn't work for him when money was on the line.

Hopefully this endeavor doesn't sour the Bros from sponsoring other top pros in the future.

Well I mean, what is more impressive than 10,000+ posts on DCGR? :|

Building a cult of personality around yourself on the internet, becoming a sponsored pro on the basis of said cult, and then 'retiring' completely from the game after being unable to cope with the sustained fallout from being exposed as a rec level player in the only PDGA event you competed in.

I think the fact that Nikko didn't throw MVP reflected worse on MVP than on Nikko. He (assumedly) got paid to represent a company who produces golf discs, yet he chose to not throw a single of their molds. He did throw molds from a company he doesn't even represent tho. It's weird, very puzzling. It makes MVP look like they make crap discs.

Sandstrom seems to have been the better investment. In the Haix Tali Open lcgm8 vids, he was throwing some putter (I believe Ion off the top of my head) on tons of shots ... his putting was rough, but that seemed to be mental.

Do you have proof of these "distracting tantrums" in the last couple years?

USDGC last year comes to mind, it was hilarious.

GreedyGlitteringBrahmancow.gif

... in case that gif doesn't work: http://www.gfycat.com/GreedyGlitteringBrahmancow

Last edited:
Building a cult of personality around yourself on the internet, becoming a sponsored pro on the basis of said cult, and then 'retiring' completely from the game after being unable to cope with the sustained fallout from being exposed as a rec level player in the only PDGA event you competed in.

Rec level?

Come on dog. At Least be fair.

Y'know, scratch my earlier question about Mike C. It seems like some crap that doesn't need to be brought up.

There has been a substantial amount of discussion that asserts that sponsorships (in themselves) have a minimal effect on disc sales.
OTOH we do know from modern sports sponsorships that visibility creates demand.

If Nikko is not creating visibility for MVP by using their discs in tourney play, they have every right to pull their sponsorship (if that is what happened).

The best examples of creating visibility have been by Legacy and Prodigy.
Legacy has been sponsoring Smashboxx and airing commercials and using that little "button" logo on the screen.

Prodigy's sponsored shirts have that huge logo, not on the chest or the sleeve but, on the back.
And if they're not paying TheDiscEye guy for filming Will only, they should be.
Marty has been working for them as well.

Sandstrom seems to have been the better investment. In the Haix Tali Open lcgm8 vids, he was throwing some putter (I believe Ion off the top of my head) on tons of shots ... his putting was rough, but that seemed to be mental.

And sells mad MVP discs over there i believe....

Latest posts