• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinion: Am I a bad person?

Am I a bad person?

• Yes

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • Gary Busey

Votes: 88 45.1%

• Total voters
Busey prefers midranges actually. He told me Gators taste like chicken, and when I asked, "Alligators?" He screamed, punched me in the face and ran away.
Dude! You should know by now not to say "alligators" to Gary! It makes him go nuts! Should you make this mistake again just use the trigger word "Almond Joy"...clams him right down again.

I secretly laugh too. I have a couple guys that I play with that have a bag full of 10-13 speed drivers and a single putter. They have good distance with their drivers, but their layups are horrible and they aren't even that great with their Champion Aviars. Usually, their drives take wild turns, or they put stable (or understable) discs on anny lines and they never come back. These guys have ok skill, but I consistently beat them by 3-5 strokes driving with my putter (not for all holes obviously).

^^^ That would be me. Finally realized that this was the reason I was stuck and threw all my distance drivers in the closet. Just bought a handful of fairway drivers and it's back to the drawing board. Next paycheck I will be buying a handful of putters to work on my short game.

For the record......Cubby just got his 450th ace on a 200ish hole with a firebird. (true story check his FB page) You can all shove your putter for everything under 250 in Busey's fat mouth!

cubby isn't that good. and it was probably a hard left turn or a skip

Dude! You should know by now not to say "alligators" to Gary! It makes him go nuts! Should you make this mistake again just use the trigger word "Almond Joy"...clams him right down again.

Thanks for the advice - my nose still whistles. I'm more of a mounds guy myself - the dark chocolate is sexier...but I heard dark chocolate gives Busey uncontrollable gas. UNCONTROLLABLE.

Thanks for the advice - my nose still whistles. I'm more of a mounds guy myself - the dark chocolate is sexier...but I heard dark chocolate gives Busey uncontrollable gas. UNCONTROLLABLE.
Ya so I've heard, but dark chocolate is good for the heart. So you can't stop him! Also, when he really blows his cool, I mean Meat Loaf type of blow up. Just poke him on is soft spot were he hit his head. Chills him out right away, it's also like hitting the pause/rewind button. Works like a charm!

Man, I hope there is a disc golf course in hell :)

in a zen moment a pro asked me what the hell was I doing
sheepishly I said "I'm trying to hit that line"
and he says "throw a flex"
in my mind I'm thinking oh nooooo the dgcr guys told me not to it will harm my game

Not that I'm calling you a liar (really, I'm not), but where on DGCR have people been saying that throwing flex shots will hurt your game? I've seen the "putter from the tee" meme (which is an extension of the Disc Down Agenda), but I haven't heard the flex shot accusation.

Are you referring to the idea of needing to throw a hard anny flex when the disc is too fast for you in order to get a usable flight? I could see how that could breed OAT, but all I have seen here is encouragement to learn specific throws (flex, hyzer-flip, tommy, etc) that will enhance your game and give you more/better options.

Maybe I'm spending too much time in the landfill/water cooler.... :\

Not that I'm calling you a liar (really, I'm not), but where on DGCR have people been saying that throwing flex shots will hurt your game? I've seen the "putter from the tee" meme (which is an extension of the Disc Down Agenda), but I haven't heard the flex shot accusation.

Are you referring to the idea of needing to throw a hard anny flex when the disc is too fast for you in order to get a usable flight? I could see how that could breed OAT, but all I have seen here is encouragement to learn specific throws (flex, hyzer-flip, tommy, etc) that will enhance your game and give you more/better options.

Maybe I'm spending too much time in the landfill/water cooler.... :\

As long as you're not including me in that disc down agenda - it's gotten too extreme for me. I throw putters of the tee because (wouldn'tyaknow) I LIKE throwing putters, not because I'm some discing-down-martyr

All I can say is as a player that has never been able to throw more than 250' if you can hit 350 with a putter then all you need is a plastic grocery store bag with a putter and a driver for those 500'+ holes.

Why bother carrying all that nonsense?

Latest posts