• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinion: Am I a bad person?

Am I a bad person?

• Yes

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • Gary Busey

Votes: 88 45.1%

• Total voters
the I throw with a putter everythin under 350 and discin down cliche has run amok on dgcr....this I am only good if I never throw a driver mentality is what cracks me up...IDK maybe I am the bad person....screw it I will go to hell with the rest of the guys who throw whatever works and let the putter guys be pretentious in heaven

because I secretly laugh and feel vindicated when people pull out a driver on a 200-250' hole and blow by it or get crazy skips to outside the circle - then I step up with a putter and park it...

(not laughing at noobs, but people who can throw farther than me and just have terrible disc and shot selection logic)

Please feel free to opine, unless you disagree with me, then stfu and gtfo :p

I dont remember much of that last time we played

As long as all the laughing and ridicule is in your mind, it's all good. It's not until you eventually blow up at the tees, screaming and ripping the Nuke out of their hands, that you actually are a bad person.
I started playing with absolutely no training or information about how to throw. It wasn't until a few months in, that I saw other people getting a running start on drives and thought I might give it a try. I throw a few drivers mostly, and only carry one mid(2010 acerace), but I use those same 4 drivers for all kinds of shots, not just powering a long drive down the fairway. I find that using the same discs throughout a round helps me with accuracy, simply because of the repetition with the same discs. For example, I used to throw an Xcaliber often. I would mostly use it for wide thumbers, due to the flight of it kicking out left on the turnover before coming back right. I use a Katana for nice long rollers. I use my Halo for short, hard right(sometimes it seems like a u-turn) angles with a forehand flick. It's just the nature of the game. I use most of my discs entirely different than most other people would. I don't own a true putter at all. Either it is far enough away that I need something consistent that I just threw on the last 2 shots, or it is so close to the pin that it doesn't matter. So yeah, Sure, I use distance drivers for 250-300 foot shots, but that's just how I play and I have yet to see anyone successfully copy my style and techniques.

As long as all the laughing and ridicule is in your mind, it's all good. It's not until you eventually blow up at the tees, screaming and ripping the Nuke out of their hands, that you actually are a bad person.
I started playing with absolutely no training or information about how to throw. It wasn't until a few months in, that I saw other people getting a running start on drives and thought I might give it a try. I throw a few drivers mostly, and only carry one mid(2010 acerace), but I use those same 4 drivers for all kinds of shots, not just powering a long drive down the fairway. I find that using the same discs throughout a round helps me with accuracy, simply because of the repetition with the same discs. For example, I used to throw an Xcaliber often. I would mostly use it for wide thumbers, due to the flight of it kicking out left on the turnover before coming back right. I use a Katana for nice long rollers. I use my Halo for short, hard right(sometimes it seems like a u-turn) angles with a forehand flick. It's just the nature of the game. I use most of my discs entirely different than most other people would. I don't own a true putter at all. Either it is far enough away that I need something consistent that I just threw on the last 2 shots, or it is so close to the pin that it doesn't matter. So yeah, Sure, I use distance drivers for 250-300 foot shots, but that's just how I play and I have yet to see anyone successfully copy my style and techniques.

I'd love to watch you beat the holier than though putter/mids blowhards

the I throw with a putter everythin under 350 and discin down cliche has run amok on dgcr....this I am only good if I never throw a driver mentality is what cracks me up...IDK maybe I am the bad person....screw it I will go to hell with the rest of the guys who throw whatever works and let the putter guys be pretentious in heaven

Trust me on this if nothing else, this has nothing to do with DGCR - if you follow my posts at all I buck most trends on this site...mainly because most theories posted on here are so miniscule in the grand scheme and make little difference but people blow it up...

It has to do with a pro-styled game. Why would you throw more disc than you need to get there? Accuracy improves as well as % of drives inside the circle. Do you ace run everything that you can reach? or do you play for consistent birds? It's all about mentality and how you attack a course.

Call me pretentious if you want, I guess other people who play at elite levels using this mentality are called far worse for less...

I dont remember much of that last time we played

I was on vacation bud :thmbup: I really mean more in competitive situations like playing for cash or weeklies. I had a blast then btw, I'd love to come back out this summer and hit more courses in the DFW area if you're down.

Hell ya, we tried to get you to play for money then so no excuses

Definitely voted Gary Busey. He was awesome in Silver Bullet.

MV5BMTUzMjQyODk5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTg1OTgwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY453_.jpg

I don't laugh at the d00d throwing the Groove on a 200' hole. I just two-putt my birdie and move on.

FYI I am guilty of trolling...I'm just sick of the discing down nerds and the putter tall tales....sometimes a driver is warranted for a 200 foot shot depending on the line and conditions. Could I play all mids and all putters...sure I could...but I don't cause its silly

It has to do with a pro-styled game. Why would you throw more disc than you need to get there? Accuracy improves as well as % of drives inside the circle. Do you ace run everything that you can reach? or do you play for consistent birds? It's all about mentality and how you attack a course.

I've gotten to see the top pros play numerous times and watched many videos. the 'Pro-style' (yay Lightning Discs!) as you putt it is to use whatever works. they throw all sorts of stuff. perfect example watch the Hornets Nest Clash DVD. you see them multiple times using high speed drivers on under 300' holes and not cause it was windy. its because thats what works.
i got into this same foolish mentality your in several years ago. trying to force discs to out. instead of just letting the disc do the work. my scores and consistency has sky-rocketed since i went back to throw what works. it doesnt matter what disc you use to get there all that matters is the score.

I've gotten to see the top pros play numerous times and watched many videos. the 'Pro-style' (yay Lightning Discs!) as you putt it is to use whatever works. they throw all sorts of stuff. perfect example watch the Hornets Nest Clash DVD. you see them multiple times using high speed drivers on under 300' holes and not cause it was windy. its because thats what works.
i got into this same foolish mentality your in several years ago. trying to force discs to out. instead of just letting the disc do the work. my scores and consistency has sky-rocketed since i went back to throw what works. it doesnt matter what disc you use to get there all that matters is the score.

this is a roundabout way of admitting you putt with a boss

;)

Likely it was a conscious choice (maybe a skip shot, for example) that is better executed with a driver.

Again, this does not qualify for what I'm talking about.

Yes there are holes where the driver is a better choice because of it's flight characteristics dictated by its speed (again, skipping is a great example). However, that doesn't mean it's always the best disc for a 300' shot.

How many PGA pros do you see pulling out their driver on a 200yd. par 3? I can't name one time...It's an analogous situation. The angle of the clubface determines the type and amt. of spin put on a golf ball, just as a discs' rim characteristics determine much of it's flight tendencies. You use the tool best suited for the shot at hand. Just because your Katana goes 250' (and also 350' and 450') doesn't mean it's the best disc for the shot.

It's about breaking the mentality that "Tee Shot = Driver" and/or "Faster = Better because I KNOW I can throw this disc further than the basket"

Finally, it's not about "forcing" a disc, you're foolishly thinking that I'm painting a scenario where I try to make a putter go further than I can legitimately throw it. Again, I'm talking about throwing a disc that you KNOW you have the arm to reach the basket with, and not using more disc than you need.

P.S. I love that I'm evenly divided on Yes/No and it's been that way for a few days now. This is literally a devisive issue - but the Busey train rolls on!

because I secretly laugh and feel vindicated when people pull out a driver on a 200-250' hole and blow by it or get crazy skips to outside the circle - then I step up with a putter and park it...

(not laughing at noobs, but people who can throw farther than me and just have terrible disc and shot selection logic)

Please feel free to opine, unless you disagree with me, then stfu and gtfo :p

I wish I could find a 200 foot hole. All of ours are 300+

In the year and a half that I've been on this site, I've seen numerous threads like this. My question always is: Why does anyone give a crap what someone else throws or carries in their bag or whatever? I just don't get it. How does it affect you in any way? :confused:

Latest posts