• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] P McB Proto- THE KONG...er, um...THE ZEUS!

Super easy to flip? How far u throw chef?

Depends, 400ish reliable, 450 if my backs feeling good which it was today!.

I was expecting them to be siper beefy but found em glidey and controlable with a strong finish. Very easy to flip up to flat. And they seem pretty fast getting to their destination.

Varying reviews so far. I'm not surprised with ESP being, IMHO, the least consistent of the Discraft plastics and the rush to pump them out.

I hope I'm wrong. I was hoping that this would be something better than the Destroyer.

I mean, you really do need to take these rush reviews with a grain of salt. They sold like hot cakes. So many people picked them up and you will have people with noodles, people with cannons, and people will so much off-axis torque they could flip a storm drain lid all rushing to give expert analysis of 5 throws in a field.

We for sure will have a spectrum, as we do with any high speed driver, but I think it's too early to say if they are terribly inconsistent or not.

Flys like a Avery destroyer for me I can park a 450 hole thats about my max D. An I was putting the Kongs out there right with my Avery destroyers. The Kongs might have a tick more turn

Last edited:
i have only thrown 3 kongs, 1 flat and 2 being mildly domed and they 2 domed ones flew a little more high speed stable but were not hard to throw and not as os as i expected them to be. there might be a more pop top variation that i have yet to throw and those might be the os ones. the flat ones though, fly like a wraith, easy to flip ,hyzer flip to flat or turn over while still cruising. i do like the flight but the bottom of the rim is sharp for my fh, bh it doesnt bother me but if i normally bag gladiators and outlaws and those 2 molds feel a little deeper but more comfortable.

% chance theses get tweaked before stock runs a la the Luna? He is throwing a lot of forces still, might want to make these more stable before they take his workhorse slot, from the way it seems to be flying for everyone.

% chance theses get tweaked before stock runs a la the Luna? He is throwing a lot of forces still, might want to make these more stable before they take his workhorse slot, from the way it seems to be flying for everyone.

They may get tweaked but the Luna's weren't tweaked. The numbers were just adjusted to reflect what they believe was the true flight like but they still got that wrong anyway. The Luna is definitely not a 3 fade.

I don't think PMB would want to make the every Kong run more OS. He wants a disc that sells, a lot. One that we all can throw. Discraft'll help him find a mega OS varient, get him a box of 25 and he's set.

I don't think PMB would want to make the every Kong run more OS. He wants a disc that sells, a lot. One that we all can throw. Discraft'll help him find a mega OS varient, get him a box of 25 and he's set.

Nah he relies on the force pretty heavily the kong is simply a compliment to the force.

I actually think Paul wound up liking the Force more than he anticipated that he would going in. They had the Kong on everyone's lips in a matter of weeks after Paul's signing, like it was a integral part of his signing to have the Kong out ASAP for his primary distance driver. But now that he has them the Force is still taking up a healthy amount of his shots, and he himself said he envisions a 4/4 split between Kongs and Forces going forward.

Obviously that's all conjecture on my part, but it seems to fit.

Last edited:
I actually think Paul wound up liking the Force more than he anticipated that he would going in. They had the Kong on everyone's lips in a matter of weeks after Paul's signing, like it was a integral part of his signing to have the Kong out ASAP for his primary distance driver. But now that he has them the Force is still taking up a healthy amount of his shots, and he himself said he envisions a 4/4 split between Kongs and Forces going forward.

I completely agree. I think what really got everyone excited about the kong and Luna is that they were his discs, designed by him in conjunction with discraft and by releasing the proto Lunas first , allowed hype to build up for the kong. Then when the test flights started coming people went nuts for the swirly plastic, rarity, and really smooth flight. It really set up the proto release to be a huge success and as the disc gets produced in other plastics I don't think that hype is dying down any time soon. Someone even made a kong collector group page on Facebook. One thing is for sure. Paul knows how to sell discs. His logo is simple but very recognizable. That's marketing 101

I'd say you're right on this one. Paul definitely seems to throw the Force more than the Kong. What I've seen of the Kong (in his hands) it seems to be a little flippier than the Force. Longer, but wilder. Having both drivers at his disposal is a good thing though.

Paul can save the Kongs for wide open huge drives where accuracy isn't as much a concern.

I am not sure I could honestly tell the difference between a destroyer and my kong. Kong is just slightly shorter and a touch more glide. Was getting it out to 450' regularly, Destroyers averaging 30' longer, bosses around 50' longer. Not overly impressed, but will continue to test it out...

I'd say you're right on this one. Paul definitely seems to throw the Force more than the Kong. What I've seen of the Kong (in his hands) it seems to be a little flippier than the Force. Longer, but wilder. Having both drivers at his disposal is a good thing though.

Paul can save the Kongs for wide open huge drives where accuracy isn't as much a concern.

Or for much glider forehands that he can trust on a flex but still rely on to come back. Case in point hole 1 TDTM

I bought one Kong, not flat or not super domey, 172g. Feels very nice in my hand, I bag Wraiths and I love them but Kong feels even better. When thrown full power (indoors, everything tends to be a bit more stable there) on a slight hyzer, it popped up to flat and turned very slightly and finished up with smooth fade. More stable than my Wraiths. Fits pretty nicely between my Xcals/Forces and Wraiths.

Judging by how many dongs and lunas I've been seeing I think Paul should've asked for 5 million.

An unfortunate typo...

I think Paul is probably making a percentage of the profits from the sale of his line as well as his signature line of discs.

Latest posts