• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: The Ed Headrick Disc Golf Hall of Fame Classic Oct 11-13

Signal may be one of the reasons HOFC isn't an NT next year, but it isn't the only reason or likely the biggest reason for that. The tournament was never an every year event until 2017 when they decided it would be the finisher for the NT and run in October. As a result, last year was the only time it has run ever in an even year in its existence. Perhaps they're going back to an odd-year schedule because that works better for the IDGC staff and to open up space for another NT to be run in the southern/southeastern part of the country (whether you want to say that's TX States or the Music City Open).

It recall it being such an affront when it was moved to the weekend after the USDGC because the USDGC was the traditional end of the season and players were too tired and worn out and didn't relish having to "get up" for another event. Players openly admitted that they weren't into the HOFC as much as they should be. Now the PDGA has responded to that feedback, taken the HOFC off the schedule (temporarily?) and tried to ease the crush of big events in October (we're down from three to two). I'm not sure we need to get hysterical about how much of a factor signal strength for potential live coverage was in the decision making.

They can't have PPV and charge for live broadcasts if they don't have the signal clarity. Dollars in some people's pockets outweighs playing on great courses. :|

#growthebankaccount

If you think people should work for free, knock yourself out, get out there and work for free.

Lead by example!

I said it was probably ONE of the reasons. As JC says, that was probably one of many.

FWIW. We have not had any contact about doing live for any NT events for next year other than GBO. And GBO has just started reaching out to us now that the schedule is released. Based on the other events and history, I doubt that we will be live at any other of the NT events, but our phone line is open.

I said it was probably ONE of the reasons. As JC says, that was probably one of many.

FWIW. We have not had any contact about doing live for any NT events for next year other than GBO. And GBO has just started reaching out to us now that the schedule is released. Based on the other events and history, I doubt that we will be live at any other of the NT events, but our phone line is open.

So no live Worlds even?

Last edited:
We have not had any contact about doing live for any NT events for next year other than GBO.

Shouldn't it be the other way around now, where media groups reach out to the tournament director and bid for the rights to cover/broadcast/ppv the event?

Shouldn't it be the other way around now, where media groups reach out to the tournament director and bid for the rights to cover/broadcast/ppv the event?

For post production for sure. There really isn't any competition for live yet. So we are not in a position to bid. If an event is interested in a live broadcast, they know who to reach out to.

Based on the value, they'd probably be bidding in negative numbers.

Latest posts