• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy H1

I wonder how these will impact Schusterick's game. We all know he won the Memorial in 2013 with a Firebird and it seems like he's been struggling since then...

Apparently it didn't help him too much at Rochester over the weekend... he was well out of contention again... 15th place, 22 strokes behind the leader, with an average rating of 1011.

I feel bad for the guy, it seems like he's having a rough season based on his formerly elevated standards, especially considering the fact that Ricky, Jerm, and Uli all seem to be doing well now with their all (mostly?) Prodigy bags...

Cale probably has a good impact on that too with his store and being a Prodigy guy. I like their plastic a lot specially the premium blends.

yeah there is a lot of mn prodigy fanboys around here

and i agree their plastic feels awesome. i just dont throw any haha.

a lot putters especially ive seen around mn recently have been pa1 money or pa4 money.

Spent some time with one yesterday. The 750 plastic is nice. Pretty much a Firebird, which is nice but I don't plan on pulling the firechickens out of the bag. I don't need it but I'll probably keep it.

Throwing this was a blast, I laughed the first time I threw it. Dont use hyzer, it spikes by itself on a flat line. Seriously beyond beef, just like the faf firebird.

10/10, would throw again.

Way more overstable than my xxx. Will probably replace it.

Oh, also the plastic feels dangerously firm. I am worried that in the winter this would shatter like glass once it drops to the single digits and below zero.

Throwing this was a blast, I laughed the first time I threw it. Dont use hyzer, it spikes by itself on a flat line. Seriously beyond beef, just like the faf firebird.

10/10, would throw again.

Way more overstable than my xxx. Will probably replace it.

sounds about right haha

Welp, I bought one. Found one that is more flexible, it's a pearly clear one. Plh isn't quite as high as all the others, geisinger (prodigy player) told me that apparently that's how the ice clear ones are from what he's seen. It's still super beef though, way more than, say, a xxx or the motion. As soon as it runs out of steam it turns wing down and drops out of the sky. It's great, but hard to skip from higher ground due to that tendency.

Picked up a 173 red/purple H1. Threw it yesterday afternoon with a 12X firebird for comparison. This thing is super OS. It starts fading much sooner than the firebird. Thrown flat and low I got some great skips. Handles everything I could give it on a forehand throw. Pretty much same distance and flight as a firebird on overhand throws. Its going to stick in the bag for awhile until I can test it more. Don't know if it will replace my fire chickens but its a great utility disc. Oh and the prodigy plastic as always feels great in the hand.

I've a 12x time and I concur with curveball; the Firebird has more flat surface than the H1, but the H1 is no less beefy for it. My camera is kaput. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Prodigy's H series- each and every stability from their H1 to H8(!?!). The 750 is the right up there with the nicest premium plastics I've felt... and as I'm sure you all have noticed, there's a lot of nice plastics out there.

I can when I get home tonight. The H1 isn't as flat as my FAF but I'd say the stability is pretty comparable

I just want to try some 750, and I carry the Firebird for the rare times my CFR PD can't handle the wind. Seeing as how they share wings, it'll be tough to replace.

I just want to try some 750, and I carry the Firebird for the rare times my CFR PD can't handle the wind. Seeing as how they share wings, it'll be tough to replace.

Understandable. To be honest, I've been carrying the H1 & a non FAF 12X Firebird, they are definitely different. For me the Firebird goes straight longer without as hard of fade as the H1.
Once the H1 beats in some it will definitely overlap with the Firebird but new, with my noodle, it's definitely more utility than the Firebird

Anyone with a FAFbird and H1 care to take some profile comparison pics?

Well obviously not the best background choice but you get the idea. H1 left, Firebird right

15313758846_d778e7c2f7_b.jpg