• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs are in your bag because of DGR?

Wow- quite a few, now that I think about it.

Flat, heavy Z Buzzz (can't imagine not having this one)
San Marino Q Sentinel (Overstable, sweet feeling greatness)
11x Champ. Firebird (love it!)
11x Champ. Teebird
ESP Comet (Still trying it)
Star Mako
1st run champ. boss (It'll take a lot from the nuke/halo/whatever to replace this disc)
star valk.

It's hard to say since I've been posting just about as long as I've been playing.

Wizards - maybe, maybe not. I could see myself getting this disc without the influence of this board, but I also know the influence is strong.

Rocs - again maybe, but there's a better chance I'd be throwing something else.

Gazelle - almost definitely.

Teebird - probably not. They're pretty hyped everywhere.

OLF - again, almost definitely.

Avenger - probably not. I think I picked them up on my own.

Spirit - probably not. The board really didn't influence me on this one.

Star Destroyer - definitely not. I have these in there because of Star Wars.

Wizard - yep, I caved to the peer pressure
Roc (spring/summer/fall mids) - tried em before DGR
Buzzz/Comet (winter mids) - Buzzz I used before DGR, Comet was DEFINITELY influenced by DGR
Gazelle - I'd thrown them before, but put them in my bag due to DGR
Striker - Tried this one on my own
Firebird - Wouldn't have tried a hella overstable at all without DGR
Wraith - I've loved Wraiths for a while

Well lets see here... ive now put TWO Discraft Focuses in soft plastic and an Innova Katana as well....

And, for a long long time i threw only Rocs, and also got my first ace with a super roc. But now i have discovered the magic that is the FLX Buzzz, and haver never looked back...

Probably going to start putting the JLS in my mag because of all the good things I've heard on this site.

From the time I discovered DGR a few years ago (lurked alot before joining), I went off of Blake's recommendations. I still do with a little bit more experimentation.

Furthur said:
I think rehder has talked me into putting the Rattler in my bag.

hehe, Im not saying its the best thing since sliced bread, and I dont carry one either, but I still think its the best short-range disc there is (of the ones I have tried anyway. :wink: )

If there's anyone on this forum that says they don't throw this disc because of this forum, they're lying.

and regarding your comment on the OLF, I would say most definitly. Now that I think of it, Millenium ought to be a contributor to this site, just from the sales that have been generated through this forum.

Eagle X and PD so far, but I'm not sure the PD is gonna stick.

Every single one of them, pretty much.

When I get into something - I usually do my homework because I'm a net-junkie and there is just a redonkulous amount of information at your fingertips these days.

So I signed up for these forums like the same week I played my first round. And I've pretty much adhered to the minimalism/slowest discs that get the job done philosophy ever since. I've been playing for 2 years and the fastest disc I've owned is a Wraith, and the fastest disc in my bag these days is a Champ Orc.

Bag is pretty much Magnets/Rocs/Leos/TeeBirds/Firebird/RR/Orc.

I would have never thrown a roc w/o dgr. I used 'em all and finally saw the light.
I'm testing a cyclone and a stalker right now, from suggestions here.
Pures. Permanent....or until I find a new flavor of the month
Firebirds Permanent.

Since joining DGR I have started throwing:
Rocs
Comets
Gazelles
Cyclones
Eagles
Loepards
Teebirds
Firebirds

These were at least all in my bag for an extended period of time at one point. DGR helped me see how awesome slower drivers can be.
Nothing better than parking a hole with a Cyclone after everyone else just threw a high speed driver with poor results.

everything

my bag when i started...shark, stingray, aviar p&a, dx orc...the shark was my longest disc

I came here looking for help with discs and form. I just need to learn the form stuff haha

I am with ZJ as well. Everything in my bag right now is becuase of DGR.

Champ roc
comet
katana
buzzz
stalker
striker
VP

Firebird.

Not many people here seem to advocate the Destroyer, Monarch, or Meteor. I threw Eagles, Buzzzes, and Wizards long before I came here. I switched to Teebirds because of this site, but recently went back to Eagles and couldn't be happier.

I'll soon be getting a Roc, so if I like it, I'll be throwing that because of DGR for sure.

If you throw the Firebird because of DGR, then I think it is now prudent to switch to the XXX! :lol: I advocate the Meteor, but yeah, not much other love here.

Here's my bag breakdown:

Wizard - I threw this before coming to DGR
Roc - I threw this before coming to DGR
XXX - This is a DGR influenced disc
Cyclone - I tried so hard to resist this one, but eventually, Blake talked me into it
PD - I'm going to take some of the credit for starting this one on DGR
Halo - Discspeed got me on this
Katana - Not because of dgr

PD and Leopard. Actually I had a Leopard but lost it last year, DGR merely convinced me to get a new one.