• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Which company should make a lid?

Which company should make a lid?

• ABC Discs

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Crosslap

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Discmania

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • DGA

• Dynamic Discs

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Gateway

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • Legacy

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Millennium

• MVP

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Prodiscus

• Vibram

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Westside

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Other (make a post)

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
I voted for everyone! I'm still fairly new to lids, but I'm loving them.

My notables
  • Discmania - since they revived the Gremlin for their lineup, it's only natural that they rebuild the broken Piranha mold and start selling them...with the circle stamp
  • MVP - as little as I like the feel of their putters, an overmolded lid would be awesome.
  • Gateway - I prefer firmer putters but a lid in eraser plastic...mmm, mmm good!
  • Lat - I would fall over and die if Discraft released the Rattler in Z/ZSP plastic. Lat may be our best hope for a premium plastic lid.
  • ABC - They already have some of the best gummy premium plastic out there today, and they make the Flying Squirrel. Dan is a great guy and seems pretty old school. Maybe Lat isn't our best chance for a premium plastic lid...

Sadly, with the lack of love for the Zeppelin two years ago, I'd say Discraft won't make another one. It's a shame too. That bad boy was a beast.

I gotta admit, the plastic on those two virgin Progidy discs I fondled at the Back Bay Bash on Saturday sure was grippy.
I often play catch for 10 min. or so before a round, but then I'm an old lid-thrower anyways.

what about Rubbermaid? They've been making lids for years, just need to scale things down and get PDGA certified. :p

Lol It just occurred to me that realistically they could be making discs if someone showed them there is in fact a market for it.
The "rumor going around" for a bit when CE went OOP was that the primary source of the pellets changed the specs, and that primary source was...Rubbermaid.

It's probably a bunch of hooey, but it has been stated by a lot of disc golf companies that they don't order enough plastic to dictate the makeup of the pellets and they buy whatever leftover source they can get in on. If a company like Rubbermaid got into disc golf, they could dictate the makeup of the plastic. Hmmm...

Just dreaming. There would have to be a lot more money to be made before a company like Rubbermaid notices disc golf.

Gateway sponsored an Ultimate team a few years ago and was supposed to be working on an Ultimate disc and a lid golf disc. Nothing ever seemed to come of it.

Isn't there a rumor that Shayne Sobel has offered to let Legacy make runs of the Super Puppy?

Step one: Somebody get lion's attention.

Step two: Confirm/deny rumor.

Step three: If any truth exists, everybody flood the Rico's inbox until they give us Super Puppies.

Problem solved.

Pinnacle and Icon SPs? Yes, please.

So how would a premium plastic lid throw? With companies like Lat having tons of glide in molds made specifically for premium plastic, would a lid have to be designed for premium plastic to properly do its thing? I really enjoyed the ESP Zeps at the Ace Race.

just what I want, a Rubbermaid bag.

"Hmmm, I need to get around these trees, guess this calls for my 175g Tupperware tomahawk"

The "rumor going around" for a bit when CE went OOP was that the primary source of the pellets changed the specs, and that primary source was...Rubbermaid.

It's probably a bunch of hooey, but it has been stated by a lot of disc golf companies that they don't order enough plastic to dictate the makeup of the pellets and they buy whatever leftover source they can get in on. If a company like Rubbermaid got into disc golf, they could dictate the makeup of the plastic. Hmmm...

Just dreaming. There would have to be a lot more money to be made before a company like Rubbermaid notices disc golf.

Maybe they could develop super tough plastic (makes Champ/Z seem like DX/D)... call it Roughneck... perfect for rough nasty courses, plus they already own the trademark.

Isn't there a rumor that Shayne Sobel has offered to let Legacy make runs of the Super Puppy?

Step one: Somebody get lion's attention.

Step two: Confirm/deny rumor.

Step three: If any truth exists, everybody flood the Rico's inbox until they give us Super Puppies.

Problem solved.
I already emailed Stevie Rico. He basically said theyre busy, but do have many options open to them. But they havent spoken to the right people.

Didn't Innova do a run of Zephyrs in champion plastic? Wouldn't that classify as a lid in premium plastic?

I picked other. I was thinking RedJacket Firearms. Don't ask me why, it instantly popped into my head. It's a cannon.

I have a 2001 Rubbermaid First Run CE Devilled egg platter. 10/10 Max weight. Just 150 bucks. Anyone?

Latest posts