• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Costomer service from Dave Henrickson @ Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a Gorilla Boy. Those things are frickin' indestructible. :thmbup:

A buddy of mine has had problems with Revo bag Customer service as well. They don't seem too friendly over there. And in all honesty, if you make Disc Golf anything? This is the worst place to get bashed on your product.. He could have thrown you a couple teeshirts or discounted price on your next bag? Sounds like you just got shut down... This thread alone makes me not wanna use Revo.

Seems the problem isn't so much with the bag, but with the pigments used to make the bright colors for the fabric. To me, that's more the fault of the folks who make the base materials for the bag, than the bag manufacturer.

I've had a Phenix Core bag for over 4 years.. no fading, no broken clips, no problems... the design is constantly evolving and Kyle stands behind his product.

I also have a NutSac and it is color-fast, bulletproof and guaranteed for LIFE

I've had a Phenix Core bag for over 4 years.. no fading, no broken clips, no problems... the design is constantly evolving and Kyle stands behind his product.

I also have a NutSac and it is color-fast, bulletproof and guaranteed for LIFE

I wish my NutSac was bulletproof.

I bought my bag from Innova. The straps started falling apart within a year. I mentioned it to my rep and within a week he had sent me a replacement bag. Never asked to see my current bag or anything. I didn't expect anything like that.

I bought my bag from Innova. The straps started falling apart within a year. I mentioned it to my rep and within a week he had sent me a replacement bag. Never asked to see my current bag or anything. I didn't expect anything like that.

Exactly what J@ did for me and alot of other folks

Greenskeeper...how far are you from Franklin, NC? I'm up that way once or twice a week. We should meet at the new course by the college and have a round.

Exactly what J@ did for me and alot of other folks

Hero/Innova was at the nearby La Mirada course a couple of months ago to do a video shoot and when I walked by, a rep asked me how I liked my Innova Champion bag. Told him I loved it and that it has served me well.

He followed up with a "glad to hear it", then out of the blue said that if I ever have any issue whatsoever with the bag, just give him a call and he'll send out a new replacement. That seemed like unprecedented customer service! :thmbup:

I can't remember the guy's name now, but I think it was James.

I've posted several times about how big of a prick this guy is. I ordered from him with him telling me my bag would be there in time for a tourney that week, then he shipped it 2 days late and it didn't arrive on time. He's an *******, buy from soneone else.

... This thread alone makes me not wanna use Revo.

Yup, who want's to buy a Carolina?? LOL, it's ridiculous that anything like this would ever happen. I don't care what issue it is, the rep should always act like they care. It's easy to say no without being an a-hole

I've used the crap out of my Innova Competitor (fits about 20?) bag for 2 years now, it's held up perfectly, nothing breaking or coming apart, fwiw

If Gregory made a disc golf bag, I would pay that kind of price for it. Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with the nusac, and see it being in my possesion for a while.

That is the extent of the conversation and you are this torqued??!!

You asked one question ("Why is it this fabric is fading?") and he answered it succinctly and politely ("Fading is inevitable - especially with the brighter color bags").

You then told him his product sucks and he asked a question in his response. Did you answer it with how he could help you?

Seems like the next step would be for you to ask for a replacement with a different color or a half off coupon for your next bag or something. Instead you create an account here and start whining/bashing online. Seems pretty immature to me, to be blunt.

My bag is less than 6 months old, already faded! I live in the mountains and my bag never just sits in the sun. It is the Revolution Atomic Orange Carolina team Bag. this is a copy of our email asking about the issue:
To whom it may concern,
Bought a Carolina team bag from you last summer, less than a year and its almost yellow in places. I play in western NC , half in the woods.Not even washed or anything more than a run out of the rain wet! Why is it this fabric is fading? I'm a daily player and the Greenskeeper of a course, a lot of people see my bag!! I'll be glad to take a photo for you!
Peace,
J.S.R.

James-
Fading is inevitable - especially with the brighter color bags.
Thanks,
-Dave

Dave,
Nice disclosure! I would understand if it was a 35$ bag. There is a blue rev back pack that is 1 year older and has n0 fade. I'd say the orange was a flop and I'm a very unhappy customer now! I selected your brand because I had seen your products perform with great success. Really your response is just plain unacceptable as far as costumer service goes!
Peace,
J.S.R.
James-
What would you like me to tell you?
Thanks,
-Dave

Dont Buy from this guy... he wont answer his phone either!

I understand both sides of this situation. The Revo guy should have been less apathetic. Even if the fade is inevitable.

But, I'll never get one of these now...

That is the extent of the conversation and you are this torqued??!!

You asked one question ("Why is it this fabric is fading?") and he answered it succinctly and politely ("Fading is inevitable - especially with the brighter color bags").

You then told him his product sucks and he asked a question in his response. Did you answer it with how he could help you?

Seems like the next step would be for you to ask for a replacement with a different color or a half off coupon for your next bag or something. Instead you create an account here and start whining/bashing online. Seems pretty immature to me, to be blunt.

Agreed. He could've explained things better, but you (the OP) definitely didn't handle it maturely.

I had the same customer service experience when my cage broke on my Dual Pack, basically put the blame on me. I love my bag bu will never buy another Revo bag. Back to GB for me when I get a new bag.

Instead you create an account here and start whining/bashing online. Seems pretty immature to me, to be blunt.

He created his account in June 2010. I'm guessing he's a "long time listener, first time caller." I think he really just wanted to make the story known, and it sounds like he's not the only one to experience a blow off of sorts.

Without a picture to show how extreme the fading is, this next statement is really going on faith that the fading really is bad.
While I think he could've changed the tone of his emails a little, you have to agree that a limited run bag, that brings with it a premium price tag, should not experience any fading in six months of use. The black on my four year old Innova Competition bag (1/3-1/4 of the cost) is still as dark as when I bought it, same for the gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts