• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 DGCR Mid-Atlantic Meet - Oct 1st-3rd

How confident are you in attending the Mid Atlantic Meet at Hawk Hollow?

• Total voters
looks like i missed a good time, i am in need of a dg trip now

Make sure Kwick is closer to an IHOP next time.Or better yet Waffle House. Young guys need their nutrition.

Wow I am still sore today. But without a doubt I would do this again!

No luck. I threw my striker in there sunday evening and spent 15 minutes looking for mine. any chance its in a tree?

I'm not sure if we can swap Jerry. We didn't play, I only busted your chops for 2 days, we'll have to see if that counts. Or you can make your way north and hit up many of the great courses (potential mid atlantic meet up 2011 spot?) on the way home?

Chedder: Your "orc on hole ten" was retreived and placed in my bag. I don't think you want it as I tried it out and it flies 150 ft less than before going in the water.

Disc Dog: If Ihop was any closer the kitchen would've been in my barn.

Disc Dog: If Ihop was any closer the kitchen would've been in my barn.

That's right I forgot. We are talking a country mile which is equivalent to at least 5 miles.

The night around the campfire was fun. Your wisecracking still has me snickering.

I do have one question. Where does Cheddapig put all the food he can consume?

Nice pics guys! Sounds like everybody had a great time. Glad you guys had better weather and turnout than the midwest could muster! :D

Epic fail on the lack of travel tag exchange, though. :p

I had a blast, thanks Biscoe, Jrawk, Vegan Ray, and all the others for setting it up. It was nice to meet you all and play some fun, social golf. That course is just unbelievable.

finally getting to see the pics, they came out great. Its always more fun when the cows come out to play.

Nice photo, Bill! But Josh is between Biscoe and Cyclops. Jeff wasn't there for the photo.
And love the action shots from you and Dog. :thmbup:

Everyone was extremely helpful this weekend and cooperative, even those barn people.

Special thanks:

• Spotsylvania Disc Golf Club, Bob Cannon, Jeff Shattuck, and John Biscoe for the venue, prize donations, canopy, and scoreboard.
  • Chris Hysell and Discraft for prize donations, some free tutoring, laughs and support.
  • Vegan Ray for serving a mean cassoulet.
  • Trey (Kachtz) for the impressive event tee-signs and make-shift benches.
  • Zack (Cyclops) for the table and second canopy (even though it went fairly unused).
  • Dave (Disc Dog) with the awesome huge-ass cooler, taxi service, and photos.
  • Matt (Beable) for the portable basket and Sunday's dohnuts!
  • Tom, Josh, and Daniel (gottafixit) for a great selection of prize donations.
  • Kieran (Kwick) and Trevor (Cheddapig) for the best campfire company ever and laughs throughout.
  • Austin (BMXcrazekid) for keeping the grown-ups in line and out-driving half of us.
  • And last but not least, Bill (prerube) greatly helping out behind the scenes, tending the water jugs, taking photos, and driving my drunk-ass home from tiki.

2011 DGCR Mid-Atlantic Meet
Time/Date: TBD.

:cool:

Wow, what a pretty good turn-out. I wish I could have made it up there for that one:(. Oh well... There's always next year! And hopefully it might be a little closer to Charlotte.

distance throwing results

we were too lazy to go to the big flat field, so the guys threw from on top of a hill onto another hill across a valley. maybe like 30-40' elevated tee shot?

1st Golfnbob 471'
2nd Cheddapig 411'

i dont know if there was a putting contest.

Course Signs

made these signs for HawkHollow DGCR

hole1.jpg

hole2.jpg

hole3.jpg

hole4.jpg

hole5p.jpg

I stole one of your signs, Trey. It wasn't a very funny one though, IIRC (I think #9). I shoulda been more on top of that!

You should make those signs available as a related file on the course page if they're not already. I don't think it's reasonable to ask Biscoe to put up permanent signs, but people could refer to the signs on their phone or something.

I stole one of your signs, Trey. It wasn't a very funny one though, IIRC (I think #9). I shoulda been more on top of that!

You should make those signs available as a related file on the course page if they're not already. I don't think it's reasonable to ask Biscoe to put up permanent signs, but people could refer to the signs on their phone or something.

He did not put permanent signs because the cows have trashed them when it has been tried. It seems they like to scratch themselves on them or they get stepped on.

Latest posts