• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

UJm4Q0k.jpg

^My best attempt at a name, with "AR" highlighted for obvious reasons.

There might be a better font to use, but you get the idea.

I know everyone wants to see a video of the disc flying through the air and everything... [/QUOTE]

I'll be putting up a video Sunday or Monday. I just got an email from Discraft offering me a 10 pack of Misprints if I make a short video and post it within the week. Boom-yow...

"Dear Ace Race TD:

Congratulations, yours is one of the first Ace Race events of the 2013 season, we hope you're as excited as we are! We're looking for a few first week TDs to put together a short, 3 minute video of your Ace Race to help show the hundreds of others that will follow you what is in store for them.

If you're interested and are willing to follow some pretty basic guidelines, we'll send you a 10 pack of Z misprints to show our thanks.

- post your vid on YouTube by Wed, Aug 7
- the title must include "2013 Discraft Ace Race"
- the goal is to show players what the event is like, so be sure to show the player pack, people getting their gear, some exiting throws, and get some player feedback on what they thought of the disc
- keep it under 5 minutes, under 3 is even better

Here's a good example from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5J_LywnXg#at=19

That's it! When your video is posted, send me a link and we'll get your discs in the mail.

Thanks, and have a great Ace Race!"

How similar is it to the DGA Undertow?

I've never throw one.

Just got back in from throwing in the field. It seemed faster but less stable than my Eagles and Teebirds. I guesstimated a 9 speed, 5 glide, -1 turn, 2 fade. I don't know Discrafts ratings... It's like a Valkyrie I guess but it didn't flip like my Valks would. I released it on a slight hyzer and it popped up but didn't flip over. It didn't flatten out as long as my Eagles would but since it was faster it didn't need to. I released it flat, with a lot of snap, to test it's propensity to flip and I was surprised to see it came back similarly to my Eagles. It flew farther than my Eagles and Teebird 80% off the time.

The rim is about the size of an Avengers. It looks faster than a Leopard but less stable. I was surprised to get 5 different colors. There was only 1 of the dark green ones...that's mine. It was raining so I haven't thrown it.

That bright yellow is the by far the brightest Ti disc I've ever seen. But dang, those blood reds on the back left are sexy as it gets. The one knock on Ti is that it's usually so dark, even the gold and silvers. Those yellows give a directionally challenged individual like myself a chance to find them.

Maybe it's already been talked about, but any chance the disc is the Crank, recently PDGA approved? Maybe they got the disc approved before the AR this year? The description sounds a lot like the description that DC gave of this disc. I dunno how to get the pic up, the the rim doesn't look Nuke-like.

The Crank made by Discraft was PDGA Approved on 7-8-2013.

"After more than a year of intense development and testing, the DC engineers have nailed the sweet spot with the Crank driver. Discraft recruited dozens of average players who wanted more distance, studied their form and power, and built a disc that works for distance driving every time. Crank combines intense glide with amazingly forgiving control that won't easily turn over or finish with a bite. Think of a well-seasoned Nuke, or better yet, Crank one out for yourself!" -by Discraft

crank

Maybe it's already been talked about, but any chance the disc is the Crank, recently PDGA approved? Maybe they got the disc approved before the AR this year? The description sounds a lot like the description that DC gave of this disc. I dunno how to get the pic up, the the rim doesn't look Nuke-like

Its not the Crank, it is a new prototype driver, supposedly understable.

Only 2 more days until the Ace Race, can't wait to get my hands on the Player Pack.

I've never throw one.

Just got back in from throwing in the field. It seemed faster but less stable than my Eagles and Teebirds. I guesstimated a 9 speed, 5 glide, -1 turn, 2 fade. I don't know Discrafts ratings... It's like a Valkyrie I guess but it didn't flip like my Valks would. I released it on a slight hyzer and it popped up but didn't flip over. It didn't flatten out as long as my Eagles would but since it was faster it didn't need to. I released it flat, with a lot of snap, to test it's propensity to flip and I was surprised to see it came back similarly to my Eagles. It flew farther than my Eagles and Teebird 80% off the time.

Sounds pretty close to a Saint or a Viking to me.

WaterWorks DGC in Ypsi. We just got the packs in today and have been working on the course set-up. Full review to come as well as a Vid.

For the record the Ace Race event there is SOLD OUT. Please do not show up unless you have already preregistered and paid for this event as all others will be turned away. There is no more player packs to be had at Water Works. CHA!!

That bright yellow is the by far the brightest Ti disc I've ever seen. But dang, those blood reds on the back left are sexy as it gets. The one knock on Ti is that it's usually so dark, even the gold and silvers. Those yellows give a directionally challenged individual like myself a chance to find them.

Maybe it's already been talked about, but any chance the disc is the Crank, recently PDGA approved? Maybe they got the disc approved before the AR this year? The description sounds a lot like the description that DC gave of this disc. I dunno how to get the pic up, the the rim doesn't look Nuke-like.

The Crank made by Discraft was PDGA Approved on 7-8-2013.

"After more than a year of intense development and testing, the DC engineers have nailed the sweet spot with the Crank driver. Discraft recruited dozens of average players who wanted more distance, studied their form and power, and built a disc that works for distance driving every time. Crank combines intense glide with amazingly forgiving control that won't easily turn over or finish with a bite. Think of a well-seasoned Nuke, or better yet, Crank one out for yourself!" -by Discraft

crank

Love those colors!

It could be that instead of testing a new mold they're testing a new formula for Ti Plastic that allows for colors that don't turn invisible on 90% of known surfaces! :doh:

The Event is Saturday, 9am.
I ordered a week and a half ago.
In the past, they've always shown up on Tues or Wed.

well, Discraft asked for orders 2 weeks in advance, and you got them 3 days before the event... not sure what the problem is...

Hopefully they start producing brighter colors like the yellow. Thats the only reason I dont own a buzzz ti now. I dont want to lose the thing the first time I throw it. Can't wait till my AR only 23 more days!

well, Discraft asked for orders 2 weeks in advance, and you got them 3 days before the event... not sure what the problem is...

Discraft wouldn't allow you to place an order until last Monday...about 4 pm. He said he ordered them a week and a half ago...which was Monday. He's a TD for a large Ace Race and he has a valid point.

Well this disc is much more stable than expected. I threw mine in a field alongside a River, Eagle, and Beat S PD. I was not able to rip it due to lack of space but from 300'-350' the flight was very similar to my PD and the Rim size is comparable to the PD as well.

I have a feeling that this disc has the opportunity to make it into a lot of people's bags. I was very pleasantly surprised

Threw it, hate it. ****ty version of a tee bird? Idk. Much more stable then you would expect from a "beginner friendly" disc. My low energy level tonight may have been a factor, but not that much. Definetly not a crank, its nothing close to that description.

Rim feels like an innova plus rim though. Maybe thats where beginner disc comes from.

None of our disc colors are that bright either. But they did come in a dozen plus different colors, which is very cool. Last year we had 90% one color. The rest of the players pack is really cool too.

Crap. You guys are killing me. I was hoping Leo/River...not this. :\

Oh well, at least the pack is awesome.

I wonder...

Because it's coming in TI, if that makes a difference in making it more stable than what Discraft originally wanted the disc to be..

You would assume a Z version would be slightly less stable, right? And ESP even less?

I also wonder what the production version will be, assuming these go into production.

There's no guarantee they'll keep making them in TI right off the bat. TI plastic was a brilliant marketing move on their part for Ace Race participation. I could see DC producing these in Z / ESP until there's demand for more TI's..

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak the mold a bit to make it slightly less stable, if that's what people want..

Latest posts